Annibale Bugnini
I was reading the recently re-posted article the on The Remnant, Revolution and the Counter-Revolution, and got sick to my stomach (no hyperbole).    What is the consensus in the fishtank with regard to Bugnini?
Architect of the modernist revolution.
A Mason who got exiled to Iran after Paul VI found out.

Destroyed the liturgy by fabricating a new rite.
(08-30-2012, 12:06 AM)onosurf Wrote: I was reading the recently re-posted article the on The Remnant, Revolution and the Counter-Revolution, and got sick to my stomach (no hyperbole).    What is the consensus in the fishtank with regard to Bugnini?
Depends on who you ask....
He broke his oath against modernism. There is a possibility he was a freemason, and he was the architect for the modernist liturgical revolution.
(08-30-2012, 12:12 AM)Atomagenesis Wrote: A Mason who got exiled to Iran after Paul VI found out.

But then kept his new mess creation anyway  :eyeroll:

I'm glad he was Pope and not working for the TSA.

[Image: paulvi-smoke.jpg]

Amazing article!  Thank you for sharing.  I learn more every day about tradition and the traditional movement in the Church.

I can't believe what was allowed to happen.  :(
(08-30-2012, 06:14 AM)ggreg Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 12:12 AM)Atomagenesis Wrote: A Mason who got exiled to Iran after Paul VI found out.

But then kept his new mess creation anyway  :eyeroll:

I'm glad he was Pope and not working for the TSA.

[Image: paulvi-smoke.jpg]

That is the best picture!
Yeah I know that's whats sad about it, he exiled Bugnini to Iran but then kept the very "mass" that the mason constructed. Makes no sense. Paul VI was a very torn, weak man from what I have heard from older priests.
Yes, Annibale Bugnini was a (suspected) freemason and the mastermind behind the new modernist liturgy.
Quote:
(08-30-2012, 11:24 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [Image: paulvi-smoke.jpg]

That is the best picture!

Yes, it illustrates the point rather well. This has been the general trend of all of the post-Vatican II popes: they will comment on the evil fruits of their reforms ('the new Mass will disturb the pious first'; 'the smoke of Satan has entered the Church'; 'the new liturgy is a banal, on-the-spot product'; 'the Church has abandoned the organic development of the Apostles'; 'some of the documents of the Second Vatican Council are downright pelagian'), but they are the ones who keep the novelty in place and do nothing to stop it. Instead, we just have to perceive that which is clearly rending the seemless tunic of our Lord "in the light of tradition" with the hermeneuitic of continuity.

Instead, even 50 years later, we are still appointing heretics to the head of the CDF, trying to make it sound like the Old Covenant is still somehow "valid," and convening ecumenical prayer services to pray with heretics, schismatics, and pagans.

No wonder "the pests of irreligion" are gaining progress: the efforts against it by "the people of God" are a joke. "Do men gather figs of thorns or grapes of thistles?"

Actions speak louder than words.