Baptist thumbs up to Vatican II. How wonderful
Thanks to The Remnant for the link on their site.

http://www.abpnews.com/blog/theology/vat...012-10-11/

So, if Baptist heretics and freemasons loved the Council, then.....
That felt rather soft-core for a Baptist.  I would expect a real Baptist to have been more critical-- I think they're quite capable of seeing the difference between the distortions taught since the Council vs. what was taught before.

I mean, he even had kind words for Trent.  I guess in some sense that's not SUCH a surprise, since Trent pre-dates all Baptists.

Only in the last few sentences does one really feel his remaining opposition to the Catholic Church, whose practices he feels are somewhat corrupted from those of the ancient catholic church.
(10-12-2012, 08:42 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: That felt rather soft-core for a Baptist.  I would expect a real Baptist to have been more critical-- I think they're quite capable of seeing the difference between the distortions taught since the Council vs. what was taught before.

I mean, he even had kind words for Trent.  I guess in some sense that's not SUCH a surprise, since Trent pre-dates all Baptists.

Only in the last few sentences does one really feel his remaining opposition to the Catholic Church, whose practices he feels are somewhat corrupted from those of the ancient catholic church.

Still, a practicing Baptist with a strong grasp of Christian history. I've only met one and I'm think she'll become Orthodox when her parents have passed.