The "uglification" of a church
what in the world would they have against the police?
(10-17-2012, 11:26 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 09:57 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: The structure has been gutted of holiness, and the interior has been transformed into a theatrical circus.  The old alter has been gutted and in the ciborium, a circular “alter” has been erected; above which is an hideous monstrosity insulting the Corpus –ugly to look at, and uglier to behold. It may be a wonderful glorification of the human “artist” but it is an insult to any one with taste, and surely a testament of the lack of honor and holiness of the individual who approved such an abomination.

[Image: bad.jpg]

My initial reaction is that looks straight up demonic. 
Hello!

Regarding the anti-cop thing – I know of many officers who attend Mass in uniform since they are on-duty at the time; also many jurisdictions require their officers to carry off-duty firearms as a matter of policy.  Indeed, many parishes have annual "Blue Masses" in which, armed, uniformed officers attend.

There is an absurd brass plate at the entrance to the "church" that says: "No firearms allowed; this is a sacred place”  Really? – if it is so sacred, why have they desecrated the interior?  I would also like to know what is profane about carrying a firearm?  After all, surely no one believes the halberd is the only thing carried by the Swiss Guard! 

I suspect the brass plaque will have a short life following the first incident of an active shooter in the church following a massacre wherein none of the congregants where able to shoot back.  The plaque essentially invites the extremist “Please don’t worry about getting hurt or acheiving maximum mayhem if you want to wreak havoc in this church… we are all unarmed, and will not be able to defend ourselves.” 

Stupidity in motion.

Cheers!

Caoimhín
(10-19-2012, 06:16 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: Hello!

Regarding the anti-cop thing – I know of many officers who attend Mass in uniform since they are on-duty at the time; also many jurisdictions require their officers to carry off-duty firearms as a matter of policy.  Indeed, many parishes have annual "Blue Masses" in which, armed, uniformed officers attend.

There is an absurd brass plate at the entrance to the "church" that says: "No firearms allowed; this is a sacred place”  Really? – if it is so sacred, why have they desecrated the interior?  I would also like to know what is profane about carrying a firearm?  After all, surely no one believes the halberd is the only thing carried by the Swiss Guard! 

I suspect the brass plaque will have a short life following the first incident of an active shooter in the church following a massacre wherein none of the congregants where able to shoot back.  The plaque essentially invites the extremist “Please don’t worry about getting hurt or acheiving maximum mayhem if you want to wreak havoc in this church… we are all unarmed, and will not be able to defend ourselves.” 

Stupidity in motion.

Cheers!

Caoimhín

The reason there is an anti-firearms posting at (I presume all the entrances to the cathedral) is because of the concealed carry law recently passed in Wisconsin permitting people with to carry concealed weapons.  To prohibit non-law enforcement officers from concealed carry on the premises, businesses/entities must post a sign stating "No firearms allowed" at all the entrances.

These postings do NOT apply to law enforcement officers.

And, indeed, the Arch. Milwaukee has a Blue Mass for Milwaukee's finest every year. 
What revolting sacrilege. A crime against the sacred. I hope the bishop has a good answer for it when he stands before the throne for judgment.
(10-19-2012, 06:16 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: There is an absurd brass plate at the entrance to the "church" that says: "No firearms allowed; this is a sacred place”  Really? – if it is so sacred, why have they desecrated the interior?  I would also like to know what is profane about carrying a firearm?  After all, surely no one believes the halberd is the only thing carried by the Swiss Guard! 

I know, but in the Middle Ages (and perhaps up until recently?), it was generally considered unseemly for a private citizen to carry arms into the church. Now, in those days, it was also far more common to have honor guards (with real weapons), and I fully support restoring that. Since a crazed shooter coming into the church is a very real possibility, I believe there ought to be uniformed police if possible as well as a couple of churchwardens designated to concealed carry, but I would absolutely never carry a gun into a church without being appointed by the pastor to do so.
(10-19-2012, 12:14 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 11:26 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 09:57 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: The structure has been gutted of holiness, and the interior has been transformed into a theatrical circus.  The old alter has been gutted and in the ciborium, a circular “alter” has been erected; above which is an hideous monstrosity insulting the Corpus –ugly to look at, and uglier to behold. It may be a wonderful glorification of the human “artist” but it is an insult to any one with taste, and surely a testament of the lack of honor and holiness of the individual who approved such an abomination.

[Image: bad.jpg]

My initial reaction is that looks straight up demonic. 

Looks purdy prickly to me. Ouch! Like  bunch of broken can openers and Swiss army knives all floating up their in a metalic circle. I hate to ask, but is that a wishbone hanging off Jesus' right hand?  :blush:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(10-19-2012, 07:21 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(10-19-2012, 06:16 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: There is an absurd brass plate at the entrance to the "church" that says: "No firearms allowed; this is a sacred place”  Really? – if it is so sacred, why have they desecrated the interior?  I would also like to know what is profane about carrying a firearm?  After all, surely no one believes the halberd is the only thing carried by the Swiss Guard! 

I know, but in the Middle Ages (and perhaps up until recently?), it was generally considered unseemly for a private citizen to carry arms into the church. Now, in those days, it was also far more common to have honor guards (with real weapons), and I fully support restoring that. Since a crazed shooter coming into the church is a very real possibility, I believe there ought to be uniformed police if possible as well as a couple of churchwardens designated to concealed carry, but I would absolutely never carry a gun into a church without being appointed by the pastor to do so.

Perhaps the pastor should carry a gun?  Would that be considered kosher?  :sneaky:
As to the pix......

Why is Jesus holding a divining rod?  ???

Other than that, I like the Corpus and while the metal work is rather Industrial (German-Industrial?), I could live with it.

(Feast of Bl. James of Strepar)
(10-19-2012, 08:11 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Perhaps the pastor should carry a gun?  Would that be considered kosher?  :sneaky:

If he's wearing proper vestments, he'd be too encumbered by them to draw a gun with any reliability.