SSPX Voting Guide Excerpt
SSPX Voting Guide Wrote:For a Catholic, there can be no doubt that the issues that take the highest priority must be the moral issues, and not personal or economic issues. The whole continuation of society as we know it depends upon this, and those who deny the most basic principles of the natural order are bringing about an unheard of perversion. Consequently, it is permissible and prudent to vote on the one single issue of proscribing abortion, or forbidding same-sex marriages, or putting an end to euthanasia, or freedom of the Catholic Church to run educational institutions. All of these issues are of the utmost importance. Consequently, it would be permissible and prudent to vote for a candidate who promotes an unjust war, on the basis of one or other of these issues. Consequently, it is likewise permissible to vote for a candidate who is known to be a Freemason, although Freemasonry is an evil society condemned by the Church and opposed to the Catholic Church, if he maintains an important principle of the natural law such as the evil of abortion.

Lesser issues are also of moral importance, such as the justice or injustice of a particular war, or the paying of a just wage to employees, maintaining the right to private property by limiting government intervention, and so on. All other things being equal, one could vote on the basis of such issues. However, it would be wrong to vote for a candidate who has a correct position on one of these issues, but a perverse and wrong position on a more important issue.

Consequently, it would be manifestly immoral and sinful to vote for a candidate who pretends to be Catholic, but who in fact is pro-abortion, pro-gay, or pro-euthanasia.

Link is here: http://sspx.org/miscellaneous/catholic_p...voting.htm

From what I've read of some posters here, the bold part would make their heads explode!
Only liberals. The voting guide is excellent.
Problem is we have two candidates promoting unjust wars.

In the words of Jesse Ventura: "DemoCrypts and ReBloodlicans"

Makes my head explode! I live in Canada so I don't have the privilege of making such a horrible decision. Truly though, I think that no matter who gets in there will still be war, abortion and homosexual union. I think its just a game they play. They are just actors. In the end they are are on the same page. Democracy is just an illusion to make people feel like they have choices. That is just my opinion.
(11-03-2012, 10:08 AM)TheOutlookChild Wrote: Makes my head explode! I live in Canada so I don't have the privilege of making such a horrible decision. Truly though, I think that no matter who gets in there will still be war, abortion and homosexual union. I think its just a game they play. They are just actors. In the end they are are on the same page. Democracy is just an illusion to make people feel like they have choices. That is just my opinion.

I have arrived at your opinion, but it took me twice the time to do it  :)
If the excerpt is representative, looks like a very solid guide. I wonder though, does it suggest a course of action when both candidates espouse morally repugnant choices? Does the guide suggest an order inside of the universe of immoral policies?
(11-03-2012, 03:10 PM)maldon Wrote: If the excerpt is representative, looks like a very solid guide. I wonder though, does it suggest a course of action when both candidates espouse morally repugnant choices? Does the guide suggest an order inside of the universe of immoral policies?

You can read it here:  http://sspx.org/miscellaneous/catholic_p...voting.htm

I read it and I will not be voting.
That is a good guide. War can be just or unjust, but war itself is not an intrinsic moral evil. It is not on the same level as abortion or gay marriage.
(11-03-2012, 12:01 AM)Allan Wrote:
SSPX Voting Guide Wrote:For a Catholic, there can be no doubt that the issues that take the highest priority must be the moral issues, and not personal or economic issues. The whole continuation of society as we know it depends upon this, and those who deny the most basic principles of the natural order are bringing about an unheard of perversion. Consequently, it is permissible and prudent to vote on the one single issue of proscribing abortion, or forbidding same-sex marriages, or putting an end to euthanasia, or freedom of the Catholic Church to run educational institutions. All of these issues are of the utmost importance. Consequently, it would be permissible and prudent to vote for a candidate who promotes an unjust war, on the basis of one or other of these issues. Consequently, it is likewise permissible to vote for a candidate who is known to be a Freemason, although Freemasonry is an evil society condemned by the Church and opposed to the Catholic Church, if he maintains an important principle of the natural law such as the evil of abortion.

Lesser issues are also of moral importance, such as the justice or injustice of a particular war, or the paying of a just wage to employees, maintaining the right to private property by limiting government intervention, and so on. All other things being equal, one could vote on the basis of such issues. However, it would be wrong to vote for a candidate who has a correct position on one of these issues, but a perverse and wrong position on a more important issue.

Consequently, it would be manifestly immoral and sinful to vote for a candidate who pretends to be Catholic, but who in fact is pro-abortion, pro-gay, or pro-euthanasia.

Link is here: http://sspx.org/miscellaneous/catholic_p...voting.htm

From what I've read of some posters here, the bold part would make their heads explode!

Hmm... there are two camps of thought in the SSPX.  One is for the restoration of Christendom, the other sits contently with the republic and the status quo of most modern nation-states. 

I doubt the pro-Christendom camp would be happy to read this. 

There are those who take a moderate stance, I'm sure, but it's one of the two sides that always gets noticed for it's pull in the SSPX.