Easing a cold
Any good tips for dealing with a cold? I'm currently sick and trying to get myself better before the weekend I've found that:

Hot water
Honey
One slice of lemon
A tablespoon or two of whiskey

Helps me feel better and get to sleep.

Your tips?
If you're looking for more natural remedies, there have been a few herbs that show pretty reliable results in studies (and people have been using them long before scientists decided to take a look):
  • Pelargonium sidoides extract (in Umcka ColdCare)
  • echinacea preparations
  • Andrographis paniculata (in remedies like KalmCold and Kan Jang tablets)

I up my vitamin C and use zinc lozenges, but I'm not sure they actually help!
OJ
I take a few swigs of apple cider vinegar when I feel a cold coming on. My former roomate talked me into it after testifying about her success with it. I gag every time I take it, but it beats having a cold.

I've never taken it while the symptoms are full-on, though. It might be worth a shot.
I think an old Russian remedy is sardines and vodka in a blender.

I've been waiting eagerly to get sick to try this.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
What are your symptoms?
(11-14-2012, 12:45 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I think an old Russian remedy is sardines and vodka in a blender.

I've been waiting eagerly to get sick to try this.

Why wait? Try it now, though you might find you have an even worse kind of sickness to contend with if you actually drink it. Sticking tongue out at you
Echinacea
Mullien tincture
Elderberry syrup
Nasal rinse.  This is the only kind I've tried. 

http://shop.neilmed.com/s.nl/it.A/id.835/.f?sc=2&category=6

They say this is not to be used if either nasal passage is completely blocked, or if either ear is infected or blocked, or by anyone who isn't physically able to stand and bend at a sink, or by anyone who might not be able to follow the instructions because of a physical or mental impairment.  For example, you have to keep your mouth open and keep breathing while using it.  It's a bit tricky to do this, so I wouldn't recommend it to someone elderly who has trouble with complicated directions.  It's also not to be used by kids under 4.
I just went to my grandmother's house for the night and feel way better. Nothing like a grandma's cooking and a decent night's sleep to fix you up.