A New Year's saint devotion for everyone
On New Year's day each of my family members randomly picks a Saint for the year.I have done it for six years now. This year I chose St Anselm (or he chose me). I used a Saints website, excel and a random number generator. Other family members prefer the hat. I feel connected to him already as there were over 7000 saints on my spreadsheet.

All year he will intercede for me and I will mention him after every decade.

I think it is great fun and providential picks often occur. My wife and kids each got one too and much learning has already been undertaken.

I encourage others to give this Saints raffle a try. In JMJ.
Cute idea!!!
This year I got St. Peter. My son James got St. Thomas Aquinas and my son Travis got, I think, St. Catherine Laboure.

So I decided to do this and asked my girlfriend if she'd like to as well.  And so I use a random internet generator...

I got her patron saint, and she got my birthday's saint.  Talk about Providence!!
How exactly does it work...?
me choose St John the Baptist, but there was only one Saint in the bucket  :jabs:
The Annus Fidei must coincide with the  Annus Poenitentiae :jabs:
The New Evangelization will not prosper without the New Mortification :jabs:

St John the Baptist, Pray for Us!
My spiritual father will choose patrons for me on the Feast of Epiphany.

But before he began to do this for me, a friend has a pail with saint's names and I withdrew St. Maximilian who already was my patron!  I really enjoyed that.
(01-01-2013, 12:15 PM)Allan Wrote: How exactly does it work...?

I mean if I wanted to do this for my family.  How, exactly, would it work...?

There aren't any rules. I use Saints Online because there are many names on it. Then each is given a number in a spreadsheet and finally I get a number from a random generator. The girls get a female Saint in our process.

We all pray that the Holy Ghost picks a kindly intercessor. Of course it always 'works'.

A couple of years ago I got St Vincent de Paul. On his feast day I received an unexpected gift, a substantial one. Providence always works with our prayerful entered into pursuits.
(01-01-2013, 12:50 PM)Allan Wrote:

I mean if I wanted to do this for my family.  How, exactly, would it work...?

This may help: http://acatholiclife.blogspot.com.au/201...n.html?m=1