Comments are disabled for this video.
Besides the need for serious censures towards the people involved in the making of this video, I'd like to know where they got the vestments and see that person censured as well.  Vestments aren't cheap, and I doubt that they bought all those vestments for a few minute video. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-04-2013, 01:55 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Besides the need for serious censures towards the people involved in the making of this video, I'd like to know where they got the vestments and see that person censured as well.  Vestments aren't cheap, and I doubt that they bought all those vestments for a few minute video. 

In the video's credits they thank an episcopal "parish", which is also where they likely filmed. I'd guess they borrowed them from that "parish".

From the website at http://womensordination.org/blog/2013/01...dthescenes

Where did you get your priestly attire?

The priest vestments were actually from a costume company down the street from the WOC office and were originally created for a production of Becket. They were created for men and much too long for any of us. We shorted them by knotting the backs with ponytail holders. Just two weeks after we borrowed the costumes, the store randomly closed down.

What scum.
At first I thought it was a parody of the Wymyn Priest movement. Then I was proven wrong ... so wrong. Just goes to show that heresy is not just the domain of aging VII hippies.
(01-04-2013, 04:04 AM)symphony8 Wrote: . Just goes to show that heresy is not just the domain of aging VII hippies.

That hit me too. Usually we hear how "conservative" young Catholics are. Thats true if they are trads but in general they are either ambivalent or liberal, at least that's what I have found.
(01-03-2013, 05:04 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: [Image: 400px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg]

My favorite part:

"Don't listen to St. Paul."

Yes, yes... that's all fine and good, ladies. If we just throw out the Bible, this is all completely Christian.  :eyeroll:

My other favorite part is how absolutely enchanted they are by being schmoozed. It's all about them.

You stole my picture from the v2 pic thread !! But it is good, isn't it...?
(01-04-2013, 01:59 AM)SMKMI Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 01:55 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Besides the need for serious censures towards the people involved in the making of this video, I'd like to know where they got the vestments and see that person censured as well.  Vestments aren't cheap, and I doubt that they bought all those vestments for a few minute video. 

In the video's credits they thank an episcopal "parish", which is also where they likely filmed. I'd guess they borrowed them from that "parish".

Lol.  Why not just join the episcopals? 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Their blog is a hoot. Here is a post about a "A Prayer to St Joan of Arc on Transgender Day of Remembrance."

http://womensordination.org/blog/2012/11...membrance/

Wonder if they've ever seen St. Joan's letter to the Hussites?

It's true what others have said though, we really must pray for them. If you've ever lived in a very liberal milieu, you know how nearly impossible it is for anyone to deprogram from it.
(01-04-2013, 10:08 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 01:59 AM)SMKMI Wrote:

Lol.  Why not just join the episcopals? 

Probably because their main goal is the destruction of the Church. They just couch it in terms of "equality" and "justice".