Bishop Athanasius Schneider speaks on the Holy Eucharist
From Fr. Pacwa's show:

[Image: ppschneider040308.jpg]
I'm fairly certain they'd ban this at Catholic answers.  I think they can't stand the mention of this bishop's name.
It was too long for me to watch the whole thing but the bit I did was very impressive.
Thank God, thank God Bishop Schneider has been able to appear on EWTN. The first time I saw him on EWTN what he said made such an impression on me. It was about how when communion in the hand spread "like a cancer" (as he described in this interview here) and his family couldn't find a single parish that did not do this and how his mother wept.
Here is another one by +Schneider from a few years ago .........
Great video here with information on how the early Christians actually received in the hand. Nothing like today.

http://gloria.tv/?media=2710
(01-12-2013, 12:58 AM)FaithandLove Wrote: Thank God, thank God Bishop Schneider has been able to appear on EWTN. The first time I saw him on EWTN what he said made such an impression on me. It was about how when communion in the hand spread "like a cancer" (as he described in this interview here) and his family couldn't find a single parish that did not do this and how his mother wept.
I think you are referring to this video. Everyone should watch this, it is very moving.
Thanks for the video!  Very much worth watching it all.  When the Bishop was talking about the fragments of the Eucharist I was thinking of John Vennari's latest article.  It's pretty good as well....

http://www.cfnews.org/page10/page79/day_...opped.html

It's interesting what Bishop Fellay said at his talk on Dec. 28 about 78% of priests in certain diocese not believing in Our Lord's presence in the Blessed Sacrament...
I just listened to the whole interview, thank you for posting.
As always, Bishop Schneider is great. He comes across so sincere, he is just speaking what is on his heart.

Also, it is funny, how Fr. Pacwa tried to steer this whole thing into some Ecclesiastically more correct direction. He mentions that when he is in Jerusalem, he only distributes communion on the tongue, because CIH is prohibited there, as if it was some great accomplishment on his part that he follows law in Jerusalem. Of course he implies that he distributes in the hand in the U.S., and that just after Bishop Schneider had said "How is it possible to distribute in the hand? Like common food? How can they do it?". He also interjects things like "But it is not in Vatican II", even though Bischop Schneider didn't even mention VII.
Here are some of my notes of the highlights of the video. Only those things in quotation marks are direct quotes. Everything else is a summary or partial quote, which might not be the exact words. One of the things I that I found important are where Bp. Schneider says that the U.S. bishops should follow the example of the Pope and establish communion while kneeling on the tongue. He also says that it's not a matter of laws or licity. The permission (indult to receive in the hand) is damaging Our Lord and the Faith. He says that he "is speaking to help the faithful and brother bishops to start to reflect because the Pope has already changed for him. This is a sign. And why not the bishops."

"We have to start in the Church open discussion about this issue without taboos. In the history of the Church there were some things that were allowed or licit, but which after were revealed as damaging."

He says that he "hopes the Holy See will publish a document clearly to invite all of the bishops in the world to imitate the Holy Father." He says that the thought behind (communion in the hand) was from the Netherlands during the Second Vatican Council, and the bishops and clerics there introdiced it illicitly, and spreading all over Europe countries; Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, it was spreading like a cancer. And then Pope Paul Vl had forbidden this in '67, but then the bishops of those countries continued to press the Pope, so the Pope asked all of the bishops of the world about it, and the majority said that Communion in the hand was not a good idea. But the Pope relented and allowed it, though he was not comfortable with it.

So it would seem  this particlar issue is not the fault of the Council, but rather the liberal ideas which originated in the Netherlands (my take on it). Fr. Pacwa mentioned that he remembers that part of the reasoning behind communion in the hand is that, as adults, we should not be treated as children, but rather take communion like an adult (or something like that. I can't recall his exact words). To which Bp. Schneider responded that Our Lord said that except that we be as little children, we will not be received into Heaven. Fr. Pacwa was not trying to be contentious, but trying to show the prevelant thought at that time, I think.

I've heard Bp. Schneider speak on this topic before. He has a lot of credibility, due to his status as a bishop, and that he presents his argument in a forthright and reasonable, yet charitable manner, without resorting to bashing the hierarchy. He treads very carefully. I have a lot of respect for him.
Quote fron The Curt Jester:

"I'm fairly certain they'd ban this at Catholic Answers. I think they can't stand the mention of this bishp's name."

This video is currently posted on a thread in the so-called "traditional" section of CAF. How long it will remain there is uncertain. It likely will disappear soon. Evidently, Br. JR hasn't seen it yet.