Bishops ask for fast and abstinence: What is their game here?
Doctor and Doktor,
  Our Lord, wise as a serpent, left us just the prescription for these times. The first century Jews were in the same fix as we are. The Lord knowing that the Cohenim sat on the chair of Moses, told the peasants to do as they say, but not as they do. That means no kissing the Koran or Assissi hindu naked dances. To quote Bob Dylan "the times they are a changing" and how, dude !

tim
(03-03-2013, 02:14 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: I stopped reading when I saw "Christ the King" and "Religious Liberty" in the same sentence.  The Modernists are now using penance to promote their pernicious doctrines.

That's what I'm sayin.
In the Statement, it said we are ENCOURAGED --- which is not a binding word.  :)

Also the USCCB 'pronouncements' are not binding (under the usual conditions) unless one's local Bishop has decreed.

Which brings up the better question; Why is the good Dr trolling the USCCB?  :LOL:
(03-03-2013, 01:15 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: In the Statement, it said we are ENCOURAGED --- which is not a binding word.  :)

Also the USCCB 'pronouncements' are not binding (under the usual conditions) unless one's local Bishop has decreed.

Which brings up the better question; Why is the good Dr trolling the USCCB?  :LOL:

[Image: aliens_zps1516783a.jpg]
(03-03-2013, 01:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 01:15 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: In the Statement, it said we are ENCOURAGED --- which is not a binding word.  :)

I heard they were Angels!!!!

(Have now set through two, incredible longggggggggggg homilies this morning)
(03-03-2013, 01:31 PM)Lateran15 Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 01:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

I heard they were Angels!!!!

(Have now set through two, incredible longggggggggggg homilies this morning)

Fallen angels you mean.

Longggggggggggg homilies are good for the soul.  Time off in Purgatory.  :tiphat:
Well played, sir.  Well played indeed.
It is an attempt to get everyone to do good for good results.
(03-03-2013, 11:38 PM)Poche Wrote: It is an attempt to get everyone to do good for good results.

If we have to hold hands too --- I'm outta there  :helpsmiley:
(03-03-2013, 11:38 PM)Poche Wrote: It is an attempt to get everyone to do good for good results.

I'm sure that's what they'd like you to believe, Poche.  But we all know that we cannot eat grits if evil will be the result.  QED