God help us...
(03-13-2013, 07:54 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 07:53 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I hope one of the first acts of the new Holy Father is to canonize JPII.  It would help clean a lot of the rubbish out of the Church.

Do you think he should be canonized?  Or should his name just be used as a broom?

Whether he's canonized or not makes little difference to me.  I don't have any particular devotion to him as a saint. His effectiveness as a broom, however, should not be underestimated.  If his canonization can clean the whiny little girl Crunchies out of the Church, it will be well worth it.
Not a fan of granola, Dr?  :P
(03-13-2013, 05:41 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 05:32 PM)Dusty_Bottoms Wrote: How can a Catholic cardinal light the Menorah?

Hannukah is a cultural holiday, a story of miracles. Anyone can light a menorah without being unfaithful to his own religion. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Most Christians would probably say they think its a religious holiday of great reverence or something.

Most faithful laity know better than to be part of that false religion. Why should a cardinal who knows much more about such things allow himself to be involved in it?
(03-13-2013, 07:27 PM)ggreg Wrote: The new pope saying mass in Argentina as a cardinal.

Watch it and weep.

I think it's time for a good workout with the heavy bag.

:beatup:

That video is infuriating.
(03-13-2013, 09:31 PM)Ursus Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 07:27 PM)ggreg Wrote: The new pope saying mass in Argentina as a cardinal.

Watch it and weep.

I think it's time for a good workout with the heavy bag.

:beatup:
In all fairness, Pope Benedict had to suffer through some pretty aweful liturgy at world youth day, and it was not his fault.
[Image: 544275_10151552595765948_1008693597_n.jpg]

"We do not have a traditionalist Pope, but we are getting better than what we deserve.  For that, I am grateful, and you can be sure I will be praying much for this Holy Father."

http://kankakeelatinmass.altaredesign.co...ly-father/
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
There are atheists who do good work for charity, for the starving, for the impoverished.

I don't think anyone doubts the natural virtues of Bergoglio.  I don't.  It's the faith.  It's an issue of faith.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
It was sickening listening to Fox News having a commentator who was already declaring him a Saint.

(03-13-2013, 11:00 PM)Petertherock Wrote: It was sickening listening to Fox News having a commentator who was already declaring him a Saint.

Fox has had some of the worst coverage of the conclave. Maybe its the result of the republican establishment trying to shift away from social conservatism into being Democrats lite?

Anyway, almost has important as the Pope are the men he is surrounded by. Let us pray that he is given good advisers and has the humility to listen to them when they are right, and the strength to stand up to them when they are wrong.