Choreographer of World Youth Day Flash Mob Posed for Gomorrist Publications
(08-06-2013, 05:08 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: The only valid question in all this is ---- has he repented of past sins or are they simply being ignored and glossed over.

There are many Catholics that have committed sins, but if they have PUBLICALLY committed them, then they need to PUBLICALLY repent before they should have a PUBLIC role or position in the church.

Really?  Is that Catholic teaching?  I've missed the public repentance services. I thought those were the specialty of cults.

Fascinating how these stinkers dig up other people's dirt, broadcast it, and then rely on the "public" nature of the sin to justify their detraction.  I wonder if Our Lord is convinced by their bullsh*t?
First, The Bishops were at the mercy of whatever group of idiots that thought Dancing Bishops would be GREAT!!! One would wish, expect and hope that the Princes of the Church, The Successors to the Apostles, would have just a little dignity remaining as to how to conduct themselves in public.
Second, since we do not know the status of the choreographer one way or the other, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

Third, when did Fisheaters gain so many trolls looking to pick a fight ? CAF full?
The detractors are the real trolls.

It's a CathInfo thing to call everyone a "troll" who isn't a disgusting, hateful ideologue and Pharisee like they are. That tactic won't sell here.
(08-06-2013, 07:24 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: First, The Bishops were at the mercy of whatever group of idiots that thought Dancing Bishops would be GREAT!!! One would wish, expect and hope that the Princes of the Church, The Successors to the Apostles, would have just a little dignity remaining as to how to conduct themselves in public.
Second, since we do not know the status of the choreographer one way or the other, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

Third, when did Fisheaters gain so many trolls looking to pick a fight ? CAF full?

LOL
The whole pageantry at World Youth Day was childish!
(08-06-2013, 02:46 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Good grief...

http://angelqueen.org/2013/08/06/choreog...lications/

Well, that certainly explains the dancing, Great picture, Aztec is tasteful without being gawdy!
(08-06-2013, 03:38 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(08-06-2013, 03:32 PM)Melchior Wrote: Hey mate, you're the one saying "does that mean it's prudent to place the person in a position to give possible scandal".  Augustine should never have become a Bishop with the past they he had.

It's a fallacious argument.

It's perfectly on point. St. Augustine had led a pretty bawdy life before coming to Christ. St. Paul was a murderer of Christians. If we won't let people move beyond their pasts, if we keep re-hashing such things, if we engage in detraction, if we don't forgive -- well, we're not pleasing Christ. And to be consistent, we'd have to throw out St. Augustine's writings and the Pauline letters, etc.

(and what's with this "Gommorrist" publication thing?)

What we should be talking about is how to get those WYD's to feature the TLM and traditional devotions, along with the fun stuff (kids forming a flash mob isn't a sin). We shouldn't be dragging up people's past sins. (does anyone here want to volunteer to share his own sins that way?)

And to the person who said he should publicly repent:  how do we know he hasn't? It's not like it would make newspaper headlines anywhere. How publicly should he do that? Should he take out classified ads in all the newspapers in all the cities in all the nations of the world? Should he call  reporters and hold a press conference no one would attend? What's a person who's publicly sinned in the past to do? Stay mired in the past and hate himself for the rest of his life -- or go to Confession and move on, trying to serve the Lord?

Fact is, we don't know if this man repented or is still doing lewd pictures. Was he selected simply because he was the most talented choreographer out there, or because he had a genuine conversion?  We can only hope that it was the latter. He should have been chosen for the latter reason and no other. For someone like Leah Darrow (ex-fashion model) there is no doubt about her conversion, since she has built her talks around it. She did it; Mike Voris did it; many others too. To appear on the world's stage in front of Catholic young adults is a privilege, not a right. As such, it is one's responsibility to make it clear to an audience that doesn't know you, that your past life was indecent but now you have now cleaned up your act before the Lord. To remain silent about such a thing is irresponsible and not evangelizing. If the choreographer was dancing in a secular TV show, he wouldn't have this responsibility. But at a Catholic meeting, he does, to avoid scandal.
(08-07-2013, 11:16 AM)lauermar Wrote: For someone like Leah Darrow (ex-fashion model) there is no doubt about her conversion, since she has built her talks around it.

i asked this in another thread, but i'll ask here too.  did leah make restitution of the money she earned being immodest as a top model?  if she did not, did she really repent?  just wonderin'!  ???
I'm open to the possibility that this choreographer may have publicly disclosed his conversion elsewhere, but it wasn't picked up by the media at WYD. If that is the case, God bless him!

Yes, Leah's conversion is real, and yes she is making restitution by speaking at Catholic retreats like my daughters'. She has had a powerful influence there. She's not getting rich off these talks--no way is she making the money she did as a model, and certainly not what she'd make if she'd gone into acting as so many do. I take her at her word, because she's currently living a faithful married life. It would be un-Catholic not to.