Mundabor - Slum Pleasures
(09-18-2013, 10:10 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 06:26 PM)onosurf Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 05:53 PM)RedCaves Wrote: I was about to post this but you did it for me.

Not a good day at all. It continues to let me get high on negativity.

(-_-)

I know exactly what you mean, the devil loves to fish in troubled waters.  Nevertheless, we must be aware of reality and not put our heads in the sand. 

As others have said, there is little evidence to support this claim.  A willingness to accept poorly supported stories, just because they are negative, is not being "aware of reality".   Nor is critically assessing hearsay putting one's head in the sand. 

I'm not aware of anyone accepting this hearsay, rather accepting the plausibility.  Given the scandal of the last four months, that door was kicked open in Rome.
(09-18-2013, 10:38 PM)frater Wrote: Brother, there can be no lost causes.
I'm glad to hear that. I think I will get out my confederate flag and this time we will win.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(09-19-2013, 12:32 AM)onosurf Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 10:10 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 06:26 PM)onosurf Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 05:53 PM)RedCaves Wrote: I was about to post this but you did it for me.

Not a good day at all. It continues to let me get high on negativity.

(-_-)

I know exactly what you mean, the devil loves to fish in troubled waters.  Nevertheless, we must be aware of reality and not put our heads in the sand. 

As others have said, there is little evidence to support this claim.  A willingness to accept poorly supported stories, just because they are negative, is not being "aware of reality".   Nor is critically assessing hearsay putting one's head in the sand. 

I'm not aware of anyone accepting this hearsay, rather accepting the plausibility.  Given the scandal of the last four months, that door was kicked open in Rome.

The "scandal" of the past four months is primarily based on one media claim after another that falls apart under examination.  The reality is the media is creating a certain image of Francis for their own purposes.  And the more they manufacture these stories, the more people are willing to accept them.  It's the old principle of "if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it."  That is where your imagined plausibility comes from.

You are not "aware of reality".  You are being taken.  You are so badly deceived that when someone tells you the truth, you dismiss it as putting one's head in the sand. 
Jayne, don’t let the facts get in the way of a good yarn.  No stick is too ugly to beat the pope with.  Thinking and reasoning is vastly overrated.  :LOL:

This Mundabor fellow sounds like a real dillweed.  Maybe he should show some class and tell us who he really is instead on hiding behind a screen name.  Maybe then I’ll take his claims seriously.

Somebody cue the poster known as whitey to chime in and cry  :'(( about how people like me are stinkin’ up the fish tank.  :LOL: