FSSP or ICKSP
(12-12-2013, 12:00 PM)Hypokeimenon Wrote:
(12-11-2013, 07:03 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: Most helpful to me was the excellent analysis from AntoniusMaximus - for whom I have some comments and a question,

(12-07-2013, 02:37 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: ICKSP, I find  that they have the better formation and spirituality, though I find that is partly because they have a much better pool of candidates to chose from, per se (as they are smaller than FSSP and they have a very important cheerleader in Cardinal Burke).  I was in Lourdes this spring and Monsignor Wach gave a little state of the Institute speech, and he spoke about how he receives from throughout the world asking him to make them priests.

AntoniusMaximus - can you tell us anymore of the "state of the Institute speech". Would dearly love to hear.

I would also like to hear more about this.

The Short Summary from what I can recollect is that it was broken in several parts (this pilgrimage was part of their Year of Faith pilgrimage so we were in presence of French, Spanish, German, and Swiss followers of the Institute).  The opening was by and large were laudatory comments about Benedict XVI in allowing greater usage of the TLM (I will also mention that no where was Francis addressed in the speech personally).  There was then comment about the state of the institute, it's growth as now they have some 75 seminarians (which is more than the number of priest they had in April, about 65 or 68 priests).  Wach spoke about how he would not split his seminary and extols his priest to maintain a common life.  He talked about their Royal Adoration Sisters that is growing at a steady pace (21 professed, 4 postulants) considering they were only founded in 2004.  Then he spoke about the current situation in the Church, he remarked about their progress in Africa, as well as speaking about the strength of the faith in the US.  Then he went into a more negative spin, where he remarked about how Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland are officially pagan, the Church in France is faltering and the general decline in Western Europe.  He talked about the issues in Northern France, Belgium, and Ireland (I believe, it may have been England), where they have been expelled in Diocese when new bishops came to power.  he closed with some exhortations to the Blessed Virgin for assistance.
i wonder if these 2 orders can be touched and messed with by Rome like what is happeing to the Franciscian Friars?
(12-12-2013, 10:29 PM)mamalove Wrote: i wonder if these 2 orders can be touched and messed with by Rome like what is happeing to the Franciscian Friars?

It is unlikely, the issue with the ffi is that they had an internal quarrel that spilled over and the agitators (whether honest or not) filed all the right paperwork to get noticed (procedure is very, very important in Rome, one iota off can send a petition back to purgatory for years).  So as long as they keep their house in order they should have to fear little from Rome.  Just from the local ordinary who can invite and dismiss them unless they happen to own the property then the bishops cannot expel them from the diocese though he can restrict their public celebration of Mass and faculties to hear confessions.
Is there anyone here who did the pre-seminary formation with the ICRSS and can provide insight on what it is like?

Also, is it true that it is difficult to be accepted into the traditional seminaries?
(12-20-2013, 10:34 PM)Hypokeimenon Wrote: Is there anyone here who did the pre-seminary formation with the ICRSS and can provide insight on what it is like?

Also, is it true that it is difficult to be accepted into the traditional seminaries?

I can't imagine an Institute priest being allowed to use a site like this.  I have a dear friend who goes to one of their parishes and she says they're not even allowed to have a facebook page for the parish, and the priests are not supposed to spend a lot of time on the Internet.
(12-07-2013, 06:48 PM)RedCaves Wrote:
(12-07-2013, 06:35 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: Is it true that ICKSP priests are allowed to use pre-1962 missals?

Yes, it's true.
I know they say some prayers for the pope from the '58 Missal, but they can say the entire mass from a pre-'62 Missal?
(12-22-2013, 06:20 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(12-07-2013, 06:48 PM)RedCaves Wrote:
(12-07-2013, 06:35 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: Is it true that ICKSP priests are allowed to use pre-1962 missals?

Yes, it's true.
I know they say some prayers for the pope from the '58 Missal, but they can say the entire mass from a pre-'62 Missal?

From what I've been told, yes, they can. It's one of their special perks they are allowed to have.

I still need to be in contact with the gentleman who knows the ICKSP inside and out. I'll post my sources after Christmas.

What is a 1958 Missal?

I asked a question about it before: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33938587
(12-22-2013, 07:05 PM)RedCaves Wrote: What is a 1958 Missal?

It's the missal before Bugnini's Holy Week reforms under Ven. Pope Pius XII were formally introduced (but they began in 1955).  It also contains the second Confiteor before Communion and it does not have St. Joseph in the Canon.
You'd be hitching your wagon to a falling star in either case. In the next few years both orders are going to be in trouble.
You don't know what the future holds.  We could all get obliterated by an asteroid tomorrow