What will we do about this protestant Priest?
We have a new parish priest.

He will change the wording of the Mass to avoid referencing God as "him", "he", "his", "father's", and so forth. Usually he replaces them with God or God's, Trinity or Trinity's, and only says Father during the Pater Noster.

As well, he completely re-words the Eucharistic prayer to avoid any reference to the Pope, Bishop, and all the clergy. He banned Marian hymns, yet my parish is more or less FOUNDED on Marian devotion and Eucharistic devotion.

We're all having trouble with him, and five or six of us have gone up and asked him why he does what he does. He never defends himself, he just says "well it's hard to accept something that's new."

My question is: what steps do I take now? The bishop doesn't care because he put him here, knowing what he was like. This isn't the first time he's got in trouble.
Letters to the bishop, a petition, letters to the archbishop, letters to Rome? Really hope this gets resolved.
BOYCOTT .  STOP GIVING $ TO THE PARRISH BUT GET ORGANIZE.
Calling this guy a Protestant is an insult to Protestants.
I nicely worded letter to the bishop to how you won't support their annual appeal and how you've given generally in years past would probably pique the bishop's interest. Tell him that your money instead will go to seminaries that train priests to be authentic Catholics.

And in the meantime, pray unceasingly. Break out your rosary and pray as much as you can in front of the tabernacle.
Break out the brass knuckles and use the tactics of the Left, if you can get enough people occupy the parish and refuse to leave. Let this pathetic priest know you mean business, he sounds suspect, I would have followed, and if he is found to be doing immoral things, take photos and blackmail him. Folks praying does only so much, it is way past time to get serious we are fighting for our souls every options should be on the table...Make the diocese hear you
By removing any reference to your bishop and the Holy Father during the Canon (Eucharistic Prayer) is a scismatic act.  It is one of the most blatant schismatic acts one can commit.  He is in a state of schism at the moment and therefore cannot possibly be the lawful pastor of the parish  Inform the local ordinary and organise a group to perform Marian devotions.  He has no authority.  Sing Our Lady's Vesper's and recite the rosary.
(04-20-2014, 07:44 PM)Prie dieu Wrote: By removing any reference to your bishop and the Holy Father during the Canon (Eucharistic Prayer) is a scismatic act.  It is one of the most blatant schismatic acts one can commit.  He is in a state of schism at the moment and therefore cannot possibly be the lawful pastor of the parish  Inform the local ordinary and organise a group to perform Marian devotions.  He has no authority.  Sing Our Lady's Vesper's and recite the rosary.

I would be cautious in declaring a person to be in 'schism'. I say this as a traditional Catholic who has himself been unjustly and most injuriously accused of being 'schismatic', by my own (former) best friend. (It happened in a cafe in Glasgow actually.) Nevertheless, I sympathise with yourself and the OP. Schism is something that is strictly determined by a specific criteria in canon law. It is not a label we should throw around willy-nilly.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I don't think I'll go taking pictures of him, but I may send around a (thing that you sign to support a cause, someone give me the name of the word. Not a survey, but when you collect signatures.....I have a medical condition and that's why I can't remember).

With that said, I don't know how much going to the bishop would do at all! He's been on the television supporting same-sex marriage, using Pope Francis's words in justification and now the SS "marriage" bill is being put out this summer. I don't know how moral it is for me to be even complaining about this, but something has to be done. His Lordship the Archbishop didn't condemn him when he appeared on the television. Our prior Archbishop silenced him temporarily when he promoted same-sex marriage from the pulpit, but those days are long gone.

At a parish in the next town over, he also serves as parish priest. I was there today and he took the image of Our Lady of Perpetual Help icon down off the the sanctuary, and the statues of Our Lady and St Joseph were gone, as well as the smaller pictures and statues of the saints and Our Lord. I mean, that's hardly Catholic at all. He told me that Marian hymns were for "May and October", which is correct (though October is St Joseph's month as far as I knew) but Marian hymns can also be sung throughout the year, and the tradition at our parish was to have the post-communion hymn as Ave Maria or Ave Maris Stella or something similar.

The funniest thing about all this is that in our church (as well as in the one in the town over, and another where he's vicar), the tabernacle has been moved from the side of the sanctuary and placed perfectly centre to where the altar is, as it should be. Rather orthodox for such a liberal
Petition might be the word you're looking for.