Catholic 'Answers'
So, has CAF devolved into something that some might call anti-traditional; neo-conservative; quasi-fascist; fascist...I don't know.

Let's see. After someone posted that the teachings of S. Augustine weren't applicable to the 21st century, and that Catholic teaching was that only what the Holy See declared was relevant/binding/worthy of consideration, I commented.

The poster had, some time before, sent me a private message stating that because I'd commented on several threads where they'd posted, I would be reported to a moderator for stalking/harassment, and banned, unless I put them on ignore and never commented on a thread where they appeared, or at least never responded to anything they posted on said thread. (I never replied).

In any case, within hours of posting a perfectly harmless post noting that S. Augustine is a great doctor, etc., etc., I was banned, charge listed as: "Stalking"; sentence permanent.

[-] The following 1 user Likes AlexV's post:
  • St.Eliza
(06-24-2014, 07:52 AM)AlexV Wrote: So, has CAF devolved into something that some might call anti-traditional; neo-conservative; quasi-fascist; fascist...I don't know.

Let's see. After someone posted that the teachings of S. Augustine weren't applicable to the 21st century, and that Catholic teaching was that only what the Holy See declared was relevant/binding/worthy of consideration, I commented.

The poster had, some time before, sent me a private message stating that because I'd commented on several threads where they'd posted, I would be reported to a moderator for stalking/harassment, and banned, unless I put them on ignore and never commented on a thread where they appeared, or at least never responded to anything they posted on said thread. (I never replied).

In any case, within hours of posting a perfectly harmless post noting that S. Augustine is a great doctor, etc., etc., I was banned, charge listed as: "Stalking"; sentence permanent.

I gave up on CA years ago when the novelty of getting banned wore off. I do peruse the CA trad forum occasionally when I need a good chuckle. For example, today after reading your thread I took a quick look and it would appear your efforts would have been better spent commenting in thread where folks are whining that the Catholic Church is too Italiocentric. Because with all the issues going on the church today that is a topic so near and dear to trads. I wonder what Brother JR will have to say about that, the suspense is killing me...

:pazzo:

I noticed the Italocentric thread, which seemed too bizarre to enter; in my own case, I find it amazing that someone can message you and order you not to comment on any thread where they appear, under pain of being reported and banned...and then...the seemingly bizarre is indeed the case...you get banned, and your post...which merely stated that Augustine is a doctor of the church and still relevant in 2014...is deleted...while the post about how after 1700 years he's not relevant remains for all to see.
CAF is a joke.  And they are exactly what you said.  And the moderator in the trad forum is nothing more than a bully to those who don't share his views.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Philomena01's post:
  • St.Eliza
I tried making a post once about homosexuality and the statistics about why the lifestyle of engaging in homosexual sex and relationships was self-destructive (higher rates of suicide, self harm, STD's, etc.). Pro-homosexuals infiltrated the thread and it was quietly thereafter deleted. Nope, apparently you're not allowed to make an argument against homosexuality that includes the objectively negative results of that lifestyle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes phattonez's post:
  • St.Eliza
I had thought I wouldn't go back after i got a one month ban, but I enjoy taking the piss out of the internet atheists that post there. Eventually I'll get banned for this though because the mods always come down on the side of the atheist trolls or the cafeteria catholic trolls.

Well I used to be one of those internet atheist trolls so you can see why I'd enjoy this still.
(06-24-2014, 04:14 PM)Estevao Wrote: I had thought I wouldn't go back after i got a one month ban, but I enjoy taking the piss out of the internet atheists that post there. Eventually I'll get banned for this though because the mods always come down on the side of the atheist trolls or the cafeteria catholic trolls.

Well I used to be one of those internet atheist trolls so you can see why I'd enjoy this still.

That's not very ecumenical of you.  :LOL:
CAF is a neo-catholic controlled board that is doing a major disservice to many  who are looking for answers regarding the Catholic faith.  It is a sad excuse for apologetics, and the modernists moderators are the epitomy of true fascists. Obama could learn a trick or two from them. And yes, I have gotten banned several times. And proud of it too.
CA Forums (not plain old Catholic Answers) is a disgrace to the word Catholic and answers.

Seriously, if you created an account as an atheist and declared that the Church should stop serving Communion because of people who are alcoholic and gluten intolerant...I'm sure the first Catholic telling them of the importance of Communion would get 'banned' for being "uncharitable"

and note....please stop calling CAF "neo-Catholic"; don't lump good apologists like Jimmy Akin and Tim Staples with the cryptic anti-Catholic CAF.
(06-24-2014, 06:13 PM)austenbosten Wrote: CA Forums (not plain old Catholic Answers) is a disgrace to the word Catholic and answers.

Seriously, if you created an account as an atheist and declared that the Church should stop serving Communion because of people who are alcoholic and gluten intolerant...I'm sure the first Catholic telling them of the importance of Communion would get 'banned' for being "uncharitable"

and note....please stop calling CAF "neo-Catholic"; don't lump good apologists like Jimmy Akin and Tim Staples with the cryptic anti-Catholic CAF.

It's hard for me to reconcile the two. I love using the resources at Catholic Answers like their defense of the Church in the Galileo affair, the history of science in the Church, defense of Eucharistic arguments, etc. That forum, however, is miserable. I look in the past archives and you used to be able to have a good discussion. Now, however, everything is instantly silenced, and any mention of modernist elements in the Church, if criticized, is instantly deleted.