Burked finally removed (demoted)
Please allow me to say this because I am upset, sick and tired of Pope Francis  :'(( , he is destroying the Catholic church. 
What do I do now?  Still go to Mass?   
Surely the Holy Spirit would not have told him to get rid of a good traditional cardinal,  what it amounts to is sour grapes on  Francis' side.  I remember  him saying a while back  , '' who am I to judge''.  But now look wht they hypocrite done to the good Cardinal Burke, it's  despicable! 
I hope this will cause a schism, he must know he is upsetting good Catholics.
(11-09-2014, 12:51 PM)FlosCampi Wrote: Please allow me to say this because I am upset, sick and tired of Pope Francis  :'(( , he is destroying the Catholic church. 
What do I do now?  Still go to Mass?   
Surely the Holy Spirit would not have told him to get rid of a good traditional cardinal,  what it amounts to is sour grapes on  Francis' side.  I remember  him saying a while back  , '' who am I to judge''.  What he has done to the good Cardinal Burke is descicable!

Dear friend, the Pope is not the Church. He is Her pastor, guide, and master on Earth... but there are more Catholics than just the Pope. If we dislike a Pope or think he is not feeding the lambs and guiding the sheep, then we weather the storm and be faithful to Christ. "This too shall pass".
Thank you Heorot.  Yes he is our pastor leading his people, but he is leading us astray.  I am just too upset to go to mass at the moment because I have never been is such a postition as to be so out of step with a Pope,  he must know he has hurt a lot of good Catholics.    I know things shall pass, and I am wondering if the next incumbent might reinstate Cardinal Burke.?

I miss Papa Benedict.
FlosCampi, your concern is beautiful... but please do not stay away from Mass. The Lord suffered and brought His Body and Blood forth for you. We must receive Him, no matter what a Pope says or does. Love the Lord. He certainly loves you more than you can possibly imagine. If we understood how much Christ loves us, we would blush with embarrassment. He does not desire your isolation from His sacraments! He will deal with the matter of this Papacy in His own merciful way.
(11-09-2014, 12:09 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:
(11-09-2014, 11:13 AM)Leonhard Wrote:
(11-09-2014, 03:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I miss Benedict...

I became a catholic under Pope Francis, but what I've read of Benedict makes me wish I'd been a catholic during his pontificate.

I came in during the Benedictine pontificate and boy did I take it for granted! I too miss him;he wasn't perfect but he was solid compared to this Francis clown.  I wish Benedict would come back and resist him to the face, like Paul resisting Peter in the gospels. I suppose he thinks that his silent prayer and sacrifice is more important though.

It's nice to know he, Benedict, is still offering Mass every day for the good of the Church. I wonder if in private he offers the traditional Rite?

I've read that at least he says Mass ad orientem. So its not far fetched that its the traditional rite.

(11-09-2014, 12:18 PM)Heorot Wrote: I am actively beginning to pray that Pope Francis steps down and resigns within a reasonably short number of years. I do not wish death or sickness on him, and I desire his blessedness in Heaven. I also desire the blessedness of all souls in Heaven, and it is for that reason that I want this Pope out. It's like the heresy of Pope John XXII all over again - but unlike the 1300s, no theologian has the balls to correct the Pope this time. That's probably because they all agree with him.

I may sound grouchy or angry or even uncharitable... but Pope Francis is not a teacher. He is a modern Jesuit, through-and-through. He is certainly good at loving people, and you can see the joy in his eyes when he kisses the sick and suffering and holds them... but he could easily do that as a lay-person. Anyone can do that. Even my very quiet, novus ordo German priest-friend said "he isn't Catholic" within my ear-shot.

I love Francis... he is a son of God through baptism into Christ, receiving the Holy Spirit... but he speaks and acts in ways that are hurting us. This is saddening.

I'm of the same opinion here. I wish him very well; its like a bad father, whom we love but who hurt us.
(11-09-2014, 02:34 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I'm of the same opinion here. I wish him very well; its like a bad father, whom we love but who hurt us.

I must admit that after I made that post, I had some difficulties with scruples. It seems wrong and faithless to be so open about this critical view of the Pope. I don't think he's a John XXII, outwardly. So far he has not denied anything, necessarily. I feel uncomfortable potentially giving scandal to others. People need strength... but it mustn't be a facade or a delusion, either. I am unsure how far to go, and what to say, when pointing out perceived negatives in the Papacy.

To call Francis an abusive father... I don't know. Too many things burden us today. How sorrowful must be the heart of the Mother of God for this generation.
I am developing a very strong belief that Cardinal Burke will be the next Pope... or at least will come after the next Pope. Something about his semi-persecuted status is very beautiful. Christ prepares great men in this way. I hope to God that it will be so. We need a Burke. How much do we have to cry out in despair before we receive one? We are reaping our own iniquity in the last 50 years.
It is often somewhat disheartening, to learn of these things. I greatly admire Cardinal Burke. I've often thought on how wonderful and saintly a pope I think he'd be. And who knows, maybe that will someday be the case. I suspect that going to hear a lot from him now. As to the Holy Father, I've reminded myself of how we've had Popes at various points in the past who had said and done some very not-so-good things. I pray for him daily, and part of what I pray for is a conversion of sorts on his part.
(11-09-2014, 02:43 PM)Heorot Wrote:
(11-09-2014, 02:34 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I'm of the same opinion here. I wish him very well; its like a bad father, whom we love but who hurt us.

I must admit that after I made that post, I had some difficulties with scruples. It seems wrong and faithless to be so open about this critical view of the Pope. I don't think he's a John XXII, outwardly. So far he has not denied anything, necessarily. I feel uncomfortable potentially giving scandal to others. People need strength... but it mustn't be a facade or a delusion, either. I am unsure how far to go, and what to say, when pointing out perceived negatives in the Papacy.

To call Francis an abusive father... I don't know. Too many things burden us today. How sorrowful must be the heart of the Mother of God for this generation.

Well, I didn't say abusive, but a father can hurt a son not only by hitting.

Anyway, I still agree with your post. I don't think I say that Francis is a bad pope merely because of my preferences. Maybe back in 2013 I didn't like him personally mainly because of his style, but now I don't think I can say that's all there is to it.
Also, I can't think of anything more scandalous than to leave the faithful wondering what the Church will teach regarding sexuality next year. (well, there could be more scandalous things, but they are still, thanks God, out of the horizon of possibilities).
But I understand your fear. That's why I really wish a blessed life for the pope.
(11-09-2014, 11:13 AM)Leonhard Wrote:
(11-09-2014, 03:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I miss Benedict...

I became a catholic under Pope Francis, but what I've read of Benedict makes me wish I'd been a catholic during his pontificate.

+1