OK, I'm Totally Confuzzled!
(07-03-2015, 04:15 AM)Poche Wrote: What is your complaint against the Mass of 1962?

Now I'm even more confused! How on God's green earth did you conclude from a simple request for information, that I have a '©omplaint against the Mass of 1962?, because I certainly don't!
Yeah I didn't read it as a complaint either. Personally I very likely wouldn't be able to distinguish the pre-1952 mass from the EF. I know that there are some liturgical songs for processions that are different.
I attended Mass at an ICRSS oratory last Sunday. They offered the Mass for the External Solemnity of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. The Last Gospel, as far as I could tell, was the Gospel for the V Sunday After the Octave of Pentecost instead of the beginning of St. John's Gospel. I believe this is a pre-1962 way of doing things. They also use the Sanctus candle.

For what it's worth, I've never been to a non-diocesan Traditional Mass where there was no "second Confiteor." So I don't really count that as a pre-1962 thing.
(07-03-2015, 04:15 AM)Poche Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 11:54 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Whilst I've never attended and ICKSP Mass, I have been led to believe, by posts here, that they celebrated using the 1955 recension of the liturgical books. Now, I just discovered on their website:
The Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest Wrote:The Institute of Christ the King celebrates the classical Roman Liturgy, the "Latin Mass," in its traditional form according to the liturgical books promulgated in 1962 by Blessed Pope John XXIII.

What am I missing?

http://www.institute-christ-king.org/ins...atin-mass/

What is your complaint against the Mass of 1962?

I did not see any complaining on his part.

But to be honest, I do have a complaint against it.

I think I'll just leave at that lest I derail the thread.

N.
(07-04-2015, 08:15 PM)ermy_law Wrote: I attended Mass at an ICRSS oratory last Sunday. They offered the Mass for the External Solemnity of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. The Last Gospel, as far as I could tell, was the Gospel for the V Sunday After the Octave of Pentecost instead of the beginning of St. John's Gospel. I believe this is a pre-1962 way of doing things. They also use the Sanctus candle.

For what it's worth, I've never been to a non-diocesan Traditional Mass where there was no "second Confiteor." So I don't really count that as a pre-1962 thing.

What? Dom Gueranger says the last Gospel being the preface of St. John dates (officially) from Pius V.

what is this second confiteor people are talking about? Right before communion?
(07-03-2015, 04:38 AM)Leonhard Wrote: Yeah I didn't read it as a complaint either. Personally I very likely wouldn't be able to distinguish the pre-1952 mass from the EF. I know that there are some liturgical songs for processions that are different.

Don't worry. Making too much out of the differences between 1962, pre-1962 and pre-trent stuff is usually the hobby of frustrated anglicans or crypto-anglicans.
(07-04-2015, 11:04 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 04:38 AM)Leonhard Wrote: Yeah I didn't read it as a complaint either. Personally I very likely wouldn't be able to distinguish the pre-1952 mass from the EF. I know that there are some liturgical songs for processions that are different.

Don't worry. Making too much out of the differences between 1962, pre-1962 and pre-trent stuff is usually the hobby of frustrated anglicans or crypto-anglicans.
I am a bit of a crypto-Anglican myself. I prefer Anglican Chant over the ditties they would sing in church today. I prefer the English Altar over the Tridentine one. I like Anglican surplices over Roman surplices.

Heck, I have some eccentricities myself, and if I would be ordained I would be a Romish Anglican-esque priest due to that reason.

N.
(07-04-2015, 11:04 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:

Other than Holy Week and the suppression of most commemorations, there's not that much difference between the 1962 Mass and earlier forms. The Breviary, on the other hand, is a much different matter, reduced from four volumes to two.
(07-04-2015, 11:00 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
(07-04-2015, 08:15 PM)ermy_law Wrote: I attended Mass at an ICRSS oratory last Sunday. They offered the Mass for the External Solemnity of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. The Last Gospel, as far as I could tell, was the Gospel for the V Sunday After the Octave of Pentecost instead of the beginning of St. John's Gospel. I believe this is a pre-1962 way of doing things. They also use the Sanctus candle.

What? Dom Gueranger says the last Gospel being the preface of St. John dates (officially) from Pius V.

what is this second confiteor people are talking about? Right before communion?

When there's an external solemnity offered on a Sunday, the Gospel for the Sunday is read in place of the Last Gospel in the pre-1962 rubrics.

The "second Confiteor" is the one right before Communion.
The diocesan Parish with the TLM I attend just started with the Communion Confiteor (or, as one of my friends used to call it, "the third Confiteor") toward the end of last year. Tradition is going through a wild ride right I think. We're the only diocesan TLM in the area with it now. They've also always done the Sanctus Candle at low Masses as far as I can remember at least from when I was serving. We never did that in Society, at least not at the chapel I grew up in.