Protestant: how bad theology duped us into supporting terrorism and oppression
To contribute to the Bible verses:

"I tell you, many will come from east and west and will eat with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the heirs of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 8:11-12
(12-21-2015, 11:13 AM)MeanGene Wrote: M4R I'm still curious about how you justify your support for gay marriage given your Catholicism.

I was always for traditional marriage until Jar Jar Binks started challenging my views on it. Now I keep going back and forth.
(12-21-2015, 12:02 PM)DeoDuce Wrote: This parable represents the rejection of Israel of Jesus invitation to share in the banquet in the Kingdom of Heaven and its extension to other jews and gentiles who recognize their need for salvation.

But this is NOT the end of the story for Israel. Look what Saint Paul says in Romans:

"Again I ask: Did they (Israel ) stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!
Post-Temple Judaism are those who rejected Gods invitation to dine in the Kingdom of Heaven. Their only salvation will come if they convert to the Christ."--Romans 11:11

(12-21-2015, 12:02 PM)DeoDuce Wrote: How can I support a state on religious grounds if they reject my God and the teaching of his Church?

Because DD they don't reject the Father. The Jews believe in the same Father God as the gentile church.  But you are right about about the Jews rejecting the teachings of his gentile church? That is because it is not their church it is as the name implies the church of the gentiles.
(12-21-2015, 07:51 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 12:02 PM)DeoDuce Wrote: This parable represents the rejection of Israel of Jesus invitation to share in the banquet in the Kingdom of Heaven and its extension to other jews and gentiles who recognize their need for salvation.

But this is NOT the end of the story for Israel. Look what Saint Paul says in Romans:

"Again I ask: Did they (Israel ) stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!
Post-Temple Judaism are those who rejected Gods invitation to dine in the Kingdom of Heaven. Their only salvation will come if they convert to the Christ."--Romans 11:11

(12-21-2015, 12:02 PM)DeoDuce Wrote: How can I support a state on religious grounds if they reject my God and the teaching of his Church?

Because DD they don't reject the Father. The Jews believe in the same Father God as the gentile church.  But you are right about about the Jews rejecting the teachings of his gentile church? That is because it is not their church it is as the name implies the church of the gentiles.

Oh man! You couldn't have worded it better. Now, compare that with what the Second Person of the Trinity says

Quote:He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me.

And

Quote:He who honoureth not the Son, honoureth not the Father, who hath sent him.

Also, what do we say at the Creed. Two Churches? No! One Church!
(12-21-2015, 08:00 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Two Churches? No! One Church!

This might be the way you view it from your limited perspective RR. But it's not the way God from His vantage point see's it. One day soon these two streams will converge once and for all eternity into one mighty millennial river.
You're a troll, so there's no point in debating. I've proved enough quoting the most authoritatively sources possible. I simply rest my case.
(12-21-2015, 10:28 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: You're a troll, so there's no point in debating. I've proved enough quoting the most authoritatively sources possible. I simply rest my case.

And Jar Jar Binks was right when he called you a Rats Ass Farter :rofl:
(12-21-2015, 10:37 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 10:28 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: You're a troll, so there's no point in debating. I've proved enough quoting the most authoritatively sources possible. I simply rest my case.

And Jar Jar Binks was right when he called you a Rats Ass Farter :rofl:

Yes, and my opinion of you: starts with a w and ends with an anker ;)
(12-21-2015, 10:18 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 08:00 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Two Churches? No! One Church!
This might be the way you view it from your limited perspective RR. But it's not the way God from His vantage point see's it. One day soon these two streams will converge once and for all eternity into one mighty millennial river.
You presume to speak for God?

I rather suspect that your "one mighty millennial river" might be referring to an anticipated complete subjection of Catholic Christianity to megalomaniac political Zionism.

No hope, buster. There will always be a remnant of Catholic Christianity until the end of the old World.
(12-21-2015, 11:17 PM)Oldavid Wrote: You presume to speak for God?

I rather suspect that your "one mighty millennial river" might be referring to an anticipated complete subjection of Catholic Christianity to megalomaniac political Zionism.

No hope, buster. There will always be a remnant of Catholic Christianity until the end of the old World.

Why is it everytime I turn around lately I catch a whiff of sulfur in the air. You wouldn't happen to know anybody at the ACLU would ya good buddy! :thumb: