Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info)
It is amazing what happens when people twist St. Thomas.  I assign a passage from the Summa on sex for analysis in one of my classes.  Once, I had a student argue that the dear saint was arguing that sex, regardless of the type, was good and natural.  Clearly the person in question failed.  I told him that the saint would have been fairly surprised by such commentary.  Some people just don't get it . . .
(04-29-2016, 12:14 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: It is amazing what happens when people twist St. Thomas.  I assign a passage from the Summa on sex for analysis in one of my classes.  Once, I had a student argue that the dear saint was arguing that sex, regardless of the type, was good and natural.  Clearly the person in question failed.  I told him that the saint would have been fairly surprised by such commentary.  Some people just don't get it . . .
Yup. There is a blatant twisting of St. Thomas' words in the recent post-synodal Apostolic exhortation. It's really hard to be anything but disgusted by this.
I agree.  That's why I read a few summaries and left it at that.  I refuse to engage in the mess if I can help it. 
(04-29-2016, 12:09 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Well, this forum is famously surprisingly liberal when it comes to sex,

Do tell Renatus.  I'd be interested in hearing all about our supposed "liberalism"...

Or do you simply mean that in the frothing rabid dog dens of online pseudo-traditionalism there's a belief that Vox/FishEaters hasn't engaged sufficiently in the knee-jerk stoning of homosexual strawmen and the demonic woman's pants?  Dante's Eighth Circle of Hell yawns wide for such hypocrites...
(04-29-2016, 01:09 PM)San Giuse Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 12:09 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Well, this forum is famously surprisingly liberal when it comes to sex,

Do tell Renatus.  I'd be interested in hearing all about our supposed "liberalism"...

Or do you simply mean that in the frothing rabid dog dens of online pseudo-traditionalism there's a belief that Vox/FishEaters hasn't engaged sufficiently in the knee-jerk stoning of homosexual strawmen and the demonic woman's pants?  Dante's Eighth Circle of Hell yawns wide for such hypocrites...

« frothing rabid dog dens of online pseudo-traditionalism » That's a nice straw men you created for yourself there, buddy. And of course, you simply have to ban them to a Renaissance gnostic's hell. Oh the irony. But sorry, your power is only over an internet forum in which only half a dozen people post stuff with any frequency.
(04-29-2016, 12:09 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Well, this forum is famously surprisingly liberal when it comes to sex, especially when it comes to homosexuals, but only one time one troll questioned if masturbation was a grave sin.

I forgot that hyperbole wasn't allowed on the internet.

I wasn't trying to open a can of worms. 
(04-29-2016, 02:23 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: « frothing rabid dog dens of online pseudo-traditionalism » That's a nice straw men you created for yourself there, buddy. And of course, you simply have to ban them to a Renaissance gnostic's hell. Oh the irony. But sorry, your power is only over an internet forum in which only half a dozen people post stuff with any frequency.

I thought that we were past this...

Maybe a few Ave's are in order so that your temper doesn't write a check that your butt isn't going to like having to pay?  I'd rather you reigned yourself in, Renatus...
(04-29-2016, 02:23 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 01:09 PM)San Giuse Wrote:

« frothing rabid dog dens of online pseudo-traditionalism » That's a nice straw men you created for yourself there, buddy. And of course, you simply have to ban them to a Renaissance gnostic's hell. Oh the irony. But sorry, your power is only over an internet forum in which only half a dozen people post stuff with any frequency.

Don't insult my moderator, someone who is offering his free time to help me. If you don't like this place, the are other forums; if you do like it enough to post here, then quit insulting it.

There is no "liberalism" here about homosexuality or anything else. The view of this place is the Catholic view --

Quote:Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

-- plain and simple. No, we don't beat up on homosexuals around here. Yes, we see homosexual acts as sinful. No, we don't treat homosexuals as the worst sinners ever. Yes, we encourage homosexuals to live chaste lives. No, we don't treat those who suffer from the disorder of homosexuality as "worse" than those who suffer from the disorders of manic depression, personality disorders, etc., and we don't treat homosexual sodomy as worse than heterosexual sodomy. Yes, we encourage homosexuals to be open and honest about their struggles, to feel no shame for having the disorder of homosexuality, which they did not choose. No, we don't think homosexuals should be ordained until and unless they have overcome that particular struggle, which is evidence of a failure to fully identify with the masculine, said ability to identify with the masculine being an important thing in a father. Yes, we love homosexuals here, want them here, want them to be unashamed of their struggles but, like anyone else, ashamed of any sins they might commit and to fully repent of them, with the loving encouragement of fellow Catholics who embrace them warmly.

There is not one thing that is "liberal" in anything written above. Nothing. That is the Catholic approach.
I never much cared for the Vortex, but poor Michael. It sounds like the Lord is allowing for the pruning of his soul. I hope he grows back stronger and better than ever!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(04-29-2016, 07:02 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I never much cared for the Vortex, but poor Michael. It sounds like the Lord is allowing for the pruning of his soul. I hope he grows back stronger and better than ever!

I know exactly what you mean!  I can't imagine going through what he is.  I would hate to have to reveal my whole past to all and sundry.  That's got to be a hard thing to go through.  I'm not a big fan of the way he presents information, but I wouldn't wish what he's going through on anyone!