Canonisation date set for Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity
From Catholic Herald:

"Pope Francis will declare four men and one woman — Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity, a French Discalced Carmelite mystic and writer — saints at the Vatican on October 16."

http://www.m.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2...e-trinity/
They have also beatified the foundress of the Remptoristines
:) :) :) :)

Blessed Maria Celeste (Giulia) Crostarosa (1696-1755), who founded the Redemptoristine nuns after meeting St. Alphonsus Liguori, was beatified in Foggia, Italy, on June 18.

Cardinal Angelo Amato, the prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, presided at the Mass of beatification.

Following his June 19 Angelus address, Pope Francis prayed, “May the new Blessed, with her example and her intercession, help us to conform all our life to Jesus our Savior

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=28621
So now we ask them to pray for us instead of us praying for them. I can't wait for that day to come for the man I have an icon of in my signature.
(06-22-2016, 01:54 AM)Silouan Wrote: So now we ask them to pray for us instead of us praying for them. I can't wait for that day to come for the man I have an icon of in my signature.

Why is Father Seraphim so controversial?  I'm surprised ROCOR hasn't officially made a saint of him yet.  He was and still is popular in Russia and he was arguably instrumental in helping with the flowering of Orthodoxy in America. Not only that he was a prolific writer and a real monk as well.

Is it his ties to Gleb Podmoshensky that holds up him being "sainted"? His uncompromising stand against evolution?  His opinion on the Toll Houses?
(06-22-2016, 08:22 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 01:54 AM)Silouan Wrote: So now we ask them to pray for us instead of us praying for them. I can't wait for that day to come for the man I have an icon of in my signature.

Why is Father Seraphim so controversial?  I'm surprised ROCOR hasn't officially made a saint of him yet.  He was and still is popular in Russia and he was arguably instrumental in helping with the flowering of Orthodoxy in America. Not only that he was a prolific writer and a real monk as well.

Is it his ties to Gleb Podmoshensky that holds up him being "sainted"? His uncompromising stand against evolution?  His opinion on the Toll Houses?

I don't know. I have an icon of him. But let me correct myself. I meant to post this picture.

[Image: 11034243_1058540647507588_4307418902691843371_n.jpg]

Archbishop Dmitri of Dallas whose relics were just uncovered and were incorrupt. I attended one liturgy that he served and I've never felt the presence of God emanating from a person like I felt from him. It was absolutely remarkable. Honestly I expected his relics to be incorrupt. I would have been shocked if they weren't.