Reading the Summa
I've decided that over the next 20 or so months I'm going to read the Summa one question per day. You can follow along/join in on the Fish Eaters Facebook page (if you already aren't on it). I figure it'll be in small enough bits to not overwhelm (although some questions can be quite long), but it should be a great journey.
What is your background in philosophy?  Be careful, because sometimes things can be read differently if you don't know the terminology he's using, such as ST Ia, 92, 1, ad 1.  When in doubt, assume there's something going on philosophically which might not be discernible to the casual reader.  And otherwise, enjoy!
(08-29-2016, 04:25 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I've decided that over the next 20 or so months I'm going to read the Summa one question per day. You can follow along/join in on the Fish Eaters Facebook page (if you already aren't on it). I figure it'll be in small enough bits to not overwhelm (although some questions can be quite long), but it should be a great journey.

Speaking of which, you are doing PHENOMENAL work at the FishEaters Facebook page! Golly! You're very busy there, and are posting things people want to read. Thank you SO MUCH for what you're doing! And thanks for linking back to relevant FishEaters's pages whenever possible. That FB page is booming thanks to you!
(08-29-2016, 07:57 PM)Steven Wrote: What is your background in philosophy?  Be careful, because sometimes things can be read differently if you don't know the terminology he's using, such as ST Ia, 92, 1, ad 1.  When in doubt, assume there's something going on philosophically which might not be discernible to the casual reader.  And otherwise, enjoy!

Haha, I'm certainly not a philosophy buff, but I'm thinking that those types of topics will certainly be interesting. I know the Summa can be some heavy stuff, but I hope it isn't too harsh on anyone who has at least a decent knowledge of Catholicism.

(08-29-2016, 10:09 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 04:25 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I've decided that over the next 20 or so months I'm going to read the Summa one question per day. You can follow along/join in on the Fish Eaters Facebook page (if you already aren't on it). I figure it'll be in small enough bits to not overwhelm (although some questions can be quite long), but it should be a great journey.

Speaking of which, you are doing PHENOMENAL work at the FishEaters Facebook page! Golly! You're very busy there, and are posting things people want to read. Thank you SO MUCH for what you're doing! And thanks for linking back to relevant FishEaters's pages whenever possible. That FB page is booming thanks to you!
I'm certainly have a lot of fun posting stuff! I just hope I don't run out of material  :LOL:. Luckily Catholicism has so much to offer that it'll certainly take a long time. I definitely want to give my thanks to you as well, it's super helpful to me to spend a part of the day looking up stuff to post. Helps me learn and keeps my mind in the right place throughout the day, I highly recommend it to the others who post here if you're looking for more admins (I notice that there a couple others as well). It'll definitely be great if we can keep growing the page and get this place some more publicity :).