The Consecration of Russia : What Would It Have Been Like ?
                                                  For some time I've been fascinated with the idea of a simultaneous consecration of Russia by the world's bishops in union with the Pope in Rome. But what day would have been chosen, what hour Rome time, and how many Bishops would it have involved ?
I know a big time trad who thinks the consecration was already done.

That's a very common belief, but just cite Sister Lucia's exact words regarding what the Blessed Mother specifically requested, and then ask them if any of the last 8 Popes have actually carried out her wishes. For some reason, a lot of people as well as internet forums instantly become extremely uncomfortable with the topic.
Judging by the fact that we're getting closer and closer to a possible WWIII with Russia exactly 100 years after Fatima, I doubt more and more that it's been done.
                                                      What I find really disturbing as we begin the countdown to the 100 year anniversary of Fatima, is the number of basically conservative leaning Catholics, who will not hear the slightest criticism of any church hierarchs, regardless of what they say or do. Everything else is now open to question as we saw with the synods on the family, and upcoming celebration of the Lutheran heresy at the end of this month, but raise the slightest disagreement with something Francis or bishop Cupich, Bonny, Marx, Kasper, etc, has stated, and it seems you'll now be given an immediate lecture on obedience to those God has placed over us, along with the reminder that we don't possess the spiritual knowledge necessary to determine whether or not something is contrary to Catholic teaching, like say for instance a bishop inviting unrepentent homosexuals to receive the Eucharist.
(10-21-2016, 12:23 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                                       What I find really disturbing as we begin the countdown to the 100 year anniversary of Fatima, is the number of basically conservative leaning Catholics, who will not hear the slightest criticism of any church hierarchs, regardless of what they say or do. Everything else is now open to question as we saw with the synods on the family, and upcoming celebration of the Lutheran heresy at the end of this month, but raise the slightest disagreement with something Francis or bishop Cupich, Bonny, Marx, Kasper, etc, has stated, and it seems you'll now be given an immediate lecture on obedience to those God has placed over us, along with the reminder that we don't possess the spiritual knowledge necessary to determine whether or not something is contrary to Catholic teaching, like say for instance a bishop inviting unrepentent homosexuals to receive the Eucharist.

Diabolical Disorientation!
(10-20-2016, 08:06 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                                                           That's a very common belief, but just cite Sister Lucia's exact words regarding what the Blessed Mother specifically requested, and then ask them if any of the last 8 Popes have actually carried out her wishes. For some reason, a lot of people as well as internet forums instantly become extremely uncomfortable with the topic.

The devil told our lord he could destroy his church.  The lord gave him the time and the influence over those in authority to build his case.  The downward spiral is approaching terminal velocity.  What will be extremely uncomfortable for the whole lot is the realization that will come to them when the warning is delivered and their conscience is enlightened.
(10-21-2016, 12:23 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                                       ...along with the reminder that we don't possess the spiritual knowledge necessary to determine whether or not something is contrary to Catholic teaching, like say for instance a bishop inviting unrepentent homosexuals to receive the Eucharist.
And that same bishop being simultaneously made the head of the Congregation for Bishops and a Cardinal.
I was pondering this the other day.  It seems the best way would be a dialogue with the Russian Orthodox.  I have hard time believe even the most schismatic Easterner Orthodox should decline the principle of dedicating their nation to the Theotokos.  Something along the lines of Francis asking to make a visit and jointly consecrating Russia to the Theotokos with Patriarch Kirill.  Most likely wouldn't be the Pope himself, as there are a bunch of political and theological angles there but possibly a discrete legate in the area (even off camera).  Even if it was done before, can one be consecrated to the Blessed Virgin too many times?

That said, I know a holy Fraternity priest very devoted Our Blessed Mother who cautioned about reading too much about Fatima.  Mostly because it's private revelation and wasn't meant for us.  We can have our opinions, of course, but shouldn't use that as a wedge or to inflame rumor and scandal about the hierarchy.

It does appear puzzling that the Third Secret as revealed would have no reason to be kept secret, yet the conspiracy theories on these lines usually go completely crazy with talks about surgical doubles and imposters of Sister Lucia and Paul VI, etc. 

I think it's pretty obvious that the 3rd Secret is the train wreck the Catholic Church has become since V2.