South African lions eat 'poacher', leaving just his head
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-43035474

That's one way one way to eliminate the menace of poaching.
Interesting...didn't eat his head. :hmmm:

Was probably the least nutritious part of the fella's body?
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Dominicana
Those lions work undercover for the CIA!

I have a video here....

:D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Justin Alphonsus
(02-13-2018, 04:35 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Those lions work undercover for the CIA!

I have a video here....

LOL :P
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
(02-13-2018, 01:49 PM)Zedta Wrote: Interesting...didn't eat his head. :hmmm:

Brain matter is actually incredibly nutritious, but getting to that brain matter is very difficult. The human skull is much harder then people realize and even with the massive jaws of a lion it's probably difficult to crack into without breaking a tooth. My understanding is that the hardest bite among the animal kingdom is actually the hyena. As a result you can apparently tell if a group of hyenas has been involved in a kill if among the remains you find a crushed skull. I seem to remember hearing that on some national geographic type show, but don't quote me.
The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows.
-A Carthusian
(02-15-2018, 04:02 PM)MeanGene Wrote:

Brain matter is actually incredibly nutritious, but getting to that brain matter is very difficult. The human skull is much harder then people realize and even with the massive jaws of a lion it's probably difficult to crack into without breaking a tooth. My understanding is that the hardest bite among the animal kingdom is actually the hyena. As a result you can apparently tell if a group of hyenas has been involved in a kill if among the remains you find a crushed skull. I seem to remember hearing that on some national geographic type show, but don't quote me.

I don't know why, but this reminded me of this song LOL  :P

You missed my irony. Despite the fact that the grey matter of the brain is generally most nutritious and because of the assumed lack of quality of the grey matter in the foolish poacher, due to his dismal decision to poach in the first place, even the lion was less than ready to expend what little effort he would, to crush the skull and eat what was within. It probably didn't smell righ to him. :D
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(02-15-2018, 04:36 PM)Zedta Wrote:

You missed my irony. Despite the fact that the grey matter of the brain is generally most nutritious and because of the assumed lack of quality of the grey matter in the foolish poacher, due to his dismal decision to poach in the first place, even the lion was less than ready to expend what little effort he would, to crush the skull and eat what was within. It probably didn't smell righ to him. :D

You're right. I read the post so quickly that I didn't even notice your irony. Hopefully the oversight was caused by lack of sleep and not "malnutrition" of the brain.
The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows.
-A Carthusian
(02-15-2018, 08:31 PM)MeanGene Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 04:36 PM)Zedta Wrote:

You're right. I read the post so quickly that I didn't even notice your irony. Hopefully the oversight was caused by lack of sleep and not "malnutrition" of the brain.

No worries. Irony is an art and like art, a casual glance or a jaundiced eye can ruin the effect that is intended. :tiphat:
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis
The poacher becomes the prey. I love the irony. Or, in my vernacular, “payback is a medevac.” Stupid poachers.

(02-13-2018, 04:35 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Those lions work undercover for the CIA!

I have a video here....

I have a video that shows it was actually a lioness. :D
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden