What is the relationship like between FSSP and SSPX?
I realize this is a broad question.  Whether in terms of the clergy or the Catholics who attend their Masses: Do they generally get along or is there bad blood?  I see SSPX comment on FSSP occassionally, but I don't think I've seen much of FSSP's thoughts on SSPX.  It seems like with the Holy See giving permanent canonical recognition to SSPX of the only sacraments in question, the differences are so minimal as to be nonexistent.  But I don't know what people in real life think because I just don't have the exposure.
(04-01-2018, 10:39 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: I realize this is a broad question.  Whether in terms of the clergy or the Catholics who attend their Masses: Do they generally get along or is there bad blood?  I see SSPX comment on FSSP occassionally, but I don't think I've seen much of FSSP's thoughts on SSPX.  It seems like with the Holy See giving permanent canonical recognition to SSPX of the only sacraments in question, the differences are so minimal as to be nonexistent.  But I don't know what people in real life think because I just don't have the exposure.

This is the SSPX view of the FSSP.
http://sspx.org/en/faq-page/what-about-the-fssp-faq13
I've never heard anything negative about the SSPX from the FSSP.  No indication of bad blood, only respectful differences.

Even before the Holy See gave canonical recognition several told me that if I couldn't attend elsewhere it would be acceptable to attend Mass at a SSPX chapel.
(04-01-2018, 11:10 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: This is the SSPX view of the FSSP.
http://sspx.org/en/faq-page/what-about-the-fssp-faq13

Yes, I had read this before.  It's still hard to read as I transition from an SSPX chapel to an FSSP parish.  I strongly agree with everything that is contained in that link.  Still not sure how to reconcile that...

(04-01-2018, 11:14 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I've never heard anything negative about the SSPX from the FSSP.  No indication of bad blood, only respectful differences.

Even before the Holy See gave canonical recognition several told me that if I couldn't attend elsewhere it would be acceptable to attend Mass at a SSPX chapel.

I had a feeling that the FSSP would be more open to the SSPX than the other way around.
Didn't Michael Matt and his family go through the FSSP/SSPX dilemma?

I wonder if the Remnant would be of any help for reconciling the differences.

I agree with the protests by the SSPX, and maybe even the SSPV but because I'm homebound I don't have a lot of options.
(04-01-2018, 11:14 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I've never heard anything negative about the SSPX from the FSSP.  No indication of bad blood, only respectful differences.

FSSP Priest Fr Philip Wolfe, featured quite often on Sensus Fidelium sermons on YouTube, has been very public in his attacks on the SSPX for a  number of years now.  I listen to a lot Fr Wolfe’s content, I am big fan of his material and presentation, with the exception of his position on the SSPX. 

Isn’t there an FSSP priest as well associated with Michael Voris’s backer, responsible for helping form CMTV’s less than favorable position on the society?
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
(04-01-2018, 11:29 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: I had a feeling that the FSSP would be more open to the SSPX than the other way around.

My only experience was when I was attending an FSSP Parish, and I was working just a few blocks from St Vincent de Paul in Kansas City, MO. Fr Ken Novak was shopping in my store, wearing his cassock, of course. I approached him and we were chatting. He asked me where I attended Mass. I told him St Philippine's. He replied, 'Oh, you're one of Fr Wolfe's boys. He's a good man'.

Oh, and before he left, I asked him for his blessing and knelt in the aisle of the store where I was one of the managers!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(04-02-2018, 12:19 AM)FSSP Priest Fr Philip Wolfe, featured quite often on Sensus Fidelium sermons on YouTube, has been very public in his attacks on the SSPX for a  number of years now.  I listen to a lot Fr Wolfe’s content, I am big fan of his material and presentation, with the exception of his position on the SSPX. Wrote: Isn’t there an FSSP priest as well associated with Michael Voris’s backer, responsible for helping form CMTV’s less than favorable position on the society?

Isn't Michael Voris backed by the Opus Dei?
(04-02-2018, 12:19 AM)The Tax Collector Wrote: FSSP Priest Fr Philip Wolfe, featured quite often on Sensus Fidelium sermons on YouTube, has been very public in his attacks on the SSPX for a  number of years now.  

Odd, since that's the very Priest that Fr Ken Novak of the SSPX told me was a good man.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(04-02-2018, 12:24 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 12:19 AM)The Tax Collector Wrote: FSSP Priest Fr Philip Wolfe, featured quite often on Sensus Fidelium sermons on YouTube, has been very public in his attacks on the SSPX for a  number of years now.  

Odd, since that's the very Priest that Fr Ken Novak of the SSPX told me was a good man.

I am sure he is a very good priest; I love his material, especially his series on Our Lady of Revelation. I have heard him in the past hold a negative opinion on the SSPX position, and I cannot judge it’s merit or intent.  Here is some backgrounds info from Louie where he speaks of it  and the Voris issue both.

AKA Catholic: FSSP-SSPX
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14