The human side of the Church rules over the divine side
yes, this is very sad

the worst tragedy I can think of (in first world countries)

I have had priests deny me access to the Real Presence. I am conversely very thankful for the ones who have welcomed me There. But so many priests today.. act strangely toward devout Catholics... and overly friendly toward protesters.

so my experience has been that the human side of the Church is generally speaking tyrannical and evil and anti-Christ. 

and that side rules

so that Jesus is oftentimes left alone in the Tabernacles.. with few of those who love him coming to visit.

disgusting---- 
A priest has no obligation to allow you access to the Blessed Sacrament outside of the ordinary times of doing so, especially if you start talking like this ie. accusing him of being tyrranical, evil, anti Christ, and phsychopathic.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102, MagisterMusicae
(04-25-2018, 02:00 PM)Dominicus Wrote: A priest has no obligation to allow you access to the Blessed Sacrament outside of the ordinary times of doing so, especially if you start talking like this ie. accusing him of being tyrranical, evil, anti Christ, and phsychopathic.

well, I see which side you side w/

sianara

:dodgy:
obviously, I am speaking of priests who deny you  access at times when one is supposed to have access.. 

Our Lord is still pleased if you visit Him in the tabernacle. Many parishes can't have adoration times because the priest has to be elsewhere (they're very busy) and so they need people who will steadily come at that specific time to keep watch. You can't leave the Blessed Sacrament unattended and you can't just have a priest stop everything that he's doing in order to allow you to have access to adoration on demand. 

If anything, you can work with a priest to setup a time that the church will have adoration each week and have a few volunteers who will dutifully be there for adoration. Typically the best time to do this would be right after Mass one day (or multiple days if you can get enough volunteers). Then the priest can come back later to return the Host to the tabernacle.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(04-25-2018, 02:55 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Our Lord is still pleased if you visit Him in the tabernacle. Many parishes can't have adoration times because the priest has to be elsewhere (they're very busy) and so they need people who will steadily come at that specific time to keep watch. You can't leave the Blessed Sacrament unattended and you can't just have a priest stop everything that he's doing in order to allow you to have access to adoration on demand. 

If anything, you can work with a priest to setup a time that the church will have adoration each week and have a few volunteers who will dutifully be there for adoration. Typically the best time to do this would be right after Mass one day (or multiple days if you can get enough volunteers). Then the priest can come back later to return the Host to the tabernacle.

I have known priests who wouldn't even -- aren't even approachable at all, much less agreeable to such. But I guess it may not hurt to ask just the same.. This one priest.. I gave up trying to communicate w/ him at all. He was just massively unreasonable on a lot of things.. and others in the parish felt at least somewhat the same way. He does not seem to be what they call a people person, to be sure.. which I think most priests probably should be? But you know.. I am not one of those either, yet am never rude w/ someone or dismissive or whatever... unless a person is to me 1st... and sometimes i try not to be even then...

oh well.. anyway--
When the human side runs out of steam it will crumble, the Divine Side will always survive.
(04-25-2018, 02:21 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: obviously, I am speaking of priests who deny you  access at times when one is supposed to have access.. 

Precisely when are you "supposed to have access".

Of course there are plenty of priests who have lost the spirit of the priesthood. For example, there are many priests who would rather send a "Eucharistic Minister" to bring Communion to the Sick that take a part of their day out to visit the sick.

Still, if properly lived a priest will have a great deal of things he must do each day. He must spend some time in meditation, saying his Office, saying his Mass, then doing study and research in theology, following up on the various pastoral cases, whatever devotions are scheduled at the church, Confessions, teaching, Catechism, etc.

There certainly are some breaks in the routine for a few minutes here and there, and certain priests have a bit of extra time given their situation. Still, because most of this work is done out of view of the public, it can seem like the priest has a great deal of free time and is being unreasonable.

Perhaps that's the case, but it is not usual, if the priest is living his vocation well. Most traditional priests I know, for instance, rise at about 5 am work and pray more or less constantly with a few small needed breaks until 10 pm.

Realize also that you may be asking something which is impossible or imprudent, or you may be asking in such a way that the pastor must prudently deny you something good, because he think you will abuse it or use it badly. If he allows one person access to the church at a time when he cannot be around, then 15 other people might ask for such a privilege, too. Perhaps some people that ask to enter the church outside of usual hours have a habit of extreme and improper behavior (e.g. prostrating themselves in public, not keeping the silence, disturbing other).

I am not saying this is you, but you have to consider those kind of problems exist in others and perhaps that has left a bad mark.

Remember, also, that a pastor has a duty toward keeping the church and especially the Blessed Sacrament both secure, but also ensuring its honor. If he can't be there to ensure the church is safe, then he has a duty to close the church if there is any significant risk of sacrilege.