Priests I never want to hear....
I could have easily mistaken the assembly of men in the photo as protestant preachers. Their dialog would have further confused me.
Say no to NO.
Quote:Notice the picture of the old priests with only one in a clerical collar....(Maggie)

Gosh, I wonder if that's what the coming schism will look like. :/
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(07-02-2018, 05:46 PM)Magdalene Wrote: This past weekend we had a visitor priest who started Mass with "Who has a birthday"...

Silly me. And all this time I thought Mass was supposed to start with "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."

I learn something everyday. :P
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Dominicus, Paradosiakos
(07-03-2018, 01:56 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 05:46 PM)Magdalene Wrote: This past weekend we had a visitor priest who started Mass with "Who has a birthday"...

Silly me.  And all this time I thought Mass was supposed to start with "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.  Amen."

I learn something everyday. :P

Don't be so obtuse Jeeter. That's soooo pre-Vatican 11 of you.  :D
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
Why should we take them seriously if they're going to meetings dressed in regular clothing?
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark Williams's post:
  • Paradosiakos, ServusDei
(07-03-2018, 02:16 PM)Dominicus Wrote: That's soooo pre-Vatican 11 of you.  :D

When did we get Vaticans 3 through 10? Has Pope Francis been holding councils and not telling us? 2 was bad enough!

:D
By 11 he meant II. Perhaps he had the wrong font
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
Where there any bishops there? Maybe the pope too?
Say no to NO.
(07-03-2018, 04:19 PM)ServusDei Wrote: By 11 he meant II. Perhaps he had the wrong font

Nope. Didn't you hear about the other viii?
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(07-03-2018, 12:57 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 12:13 AM)Poche Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 06:31 PM)Eric F Wrote: We're witnessing the creation of a false Catholic church set up under the leadership of Jorge Bergoglio.

This issue of social justice in the modern world started with Pope Leo.

You really fascinate me, Poche.

Are you trying to compare whatever this is with Rerum Novarum?

No, not just with Rerum Novarum but with all those exhortations and encyclicals that they have here written by various Popes condemning the slave trade.