Novena for Life
(08-05-2018, 01:28 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: As a body, the USCCB is corrupt to the core.

Perhaps so. That doesn't mean everything they do is evil, and an end to legal abortion is worth praying for, no matter who's doing the praying. And no matter how corrupt they are, they're still bishops of the Church, and prayer in union with the Church is good. It's not like they're making you publicly do anything or sign up for this, which, if they were, might justify refusal.
I pray every day for the end of abortion, but I will not join an effort that just 'happens' to be right in the middle of the non-USCCB 54 Day Rosary Novena, 'Novena for Our Nation'. Coincidence? I think not.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
(08-05-2018, 01:36 AM)Paul Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 01:28 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: As a body, the USCCB is corrupt to the core.

Perhaps so. That doesn't mean everything they do is evil, and an end to legal abortion is worth praying for, no matter who's doing the praying. And no matter how corrupt they are, they're still bishops of the Church, and prayer in union with the Church is good. It's not like they're making you publicly do anything or sign up for this, which, if they were, might justify refusal.
I will pray. But I won't participate in this political stunt of theirs.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
(08-05-2018, 02:02 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I pray every day for the end of abortion, but I will not join an effort that just 'happens' to be right in the middle of the non-USCCB 54 Day Rosary Novena, 'Novena for Our Nation'. Coincidence? I think not.

There are no coincidences when the Devil is involved. And I know of few things so heavily entrenched in evil as the USCCB. They've been intent on destroying the faith in the USA for decades.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, jovan66102
I don't think that praying for an end to abortion is an act destructive of the Faith.
(08-06-2018, 02:41 AM)Poche Wrote: I don't think that praying for an end to abortion is an act destructive of the Faith.

Nor does anyone else, Francis fanboy # 1. It's just that we do it all the time, unlike the USCCB calling a special novena to interrupt the Novena for Our Nation.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(08-05-2018, 02:02 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I pray every day for the end of abortion, but I will not join an effort that just 'happens' to be right in the middle of the non-USCCB 54 Day Rosary Novena, 'Novena for Our Nation'. Coincidence? I think not.
Peace.....God will bring the good out of the most vile situations.  Praying for an end to abortion must continue and God will cyphen out the wheat from the darnell.  He knows which prayers are purely motivated and which are not.  God bless, angeltime :heart: