Random question
Dumb question perhaps, but how do we know Catholicism is THE faith, as opposed to something else. Judaism, Mormonism, or Jehovah’s Witness, for example. Also, am I the only one here who has the slightest bit of appreciation for Pope Francis’ outreach to the poor and displaced?
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
I hit you with an April Fish, Jeeter.  :fish:
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 4 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, Jeeter, jovan66102, Zedta
(04-01-2019, 07:41 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Dumb question perhaps, but how do we know Catholicism is THE faith, as opposed to something else. Judaism, Mormonism, or Jehovah’s Witness, for example.

There are many arguments and reasons, such as his life and miracles, but these two passages stand out for me -

John 18:37 Wrote:37 Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Every one who is of the truth hears my voice.”

Mark 8:27-30 Wrote:27 And Jesus went on with his disciples, to the villages of Caesare′a Philippi; and on the way he asked his disciples, “Who do men say that I am?” 28 And they told him, “John the Baptist; and others say, Eli′jah; and others one of the prophets.” 29 And he asked them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered him, “You are the Christ.” 30 And he charged them to tell no one about him.

And it is His passion and death that makes me say with St Thomas "My lord and my God."

(04-01-2019, 07:41 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Also, am I the only one here who has the slightest bit of appreciation for Pope Francis’ outreach to the poor and displaced?

Probably, it's a ruse since when the DNC was infiltrating the Church with fake organizations such as 'Catholics in alliance for the common good' etc, they heavily appeared like this, all about supposed 'social justice' issues which were heresies and nothing on the word of life or the truth.

What is the extent of Francis' outreach to the poor? Hammer and sickle crucifixes? Martin Luther 500th anniversary celebrations? without truth this so called 'out reach' becomes virtue signaling and actually evil and corrupted, just as charitable causes now involve the mass murder of the most innocent in their mothers wombs under the guise of 'health care' and the promotion of sodomy and such things.

God Bless You
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • Zedta
(04-01-2019, 08:02 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 07:41 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Dumb question perhaps, but how do we know Catholicism is THE faith, as opposed to something else. Judaism, Mormonism, or Jehovah’s Witness, for example.

There are many arguments and reasons, such as his life and miracles, /snip/ 

You don't have April Fool's Day in Australia?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-01-2019, 08:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: You don't have April Fool's Day in Australia?

lol, it's the 2nd of April 11:00am at the moment :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
Jeeter Wrote:Dumb question perhaps, but how do we know Catholicism is THE faith, as opposed to something else. Judaism, Mormonism, or Jehovah’s Witness, for example. Also, am I the only one here who has the slightest bit of appreciation for Pope Francis’ outreach to the poor and displaced?

Personally, I find that today, "Christianity" finds itself in the precarious position that the Jews were in at the time of Christ's Crucifixion. The organization is rotten within its 'administration', the tenets of faith, as laid down from the beginnings, have been twisted in very strange ways, to where little of the original remains. The leaders are looking for the wrong things and led their followers in similar directions and sadly, those directions are in opposition to God's directions. Confusion seems to be more prevalent everywhere in the Church.

So, where should one turn?

Personally, I am a Cradle Catholic, but I went a wandering once. My wandering circled me ever back to Holy Mother Church in time though. It seemed that every other 'religion' was really a varying degree of metaphor to the Catholic Faith. In the Catholic Faith, all those metaphorical approximations of 'Faith' became coalesced into mere variations of the True Faith. Yes, the Church and the worldly essence of Her has been badly tainted, but the core is true and I hold to the basic tenets, because they have the least human influences, IMHO.

Do I mean that Satan has always had influence in the Church? Yes, of course. Its just that right now, in these years since Pius X's vision, Satan has had a MUCH greater influence and we are nearing that point that Our Savior called attention to with words that indicated the damages would be so great that she would appear near utter and complete defeat, but that "...the gates of Hell shall not prevail." I believe Him. No matter what end result form His Church ends up in, there will be Truth there. Satan will not prevail, Amen!

As for ol' Frank: Well, I think Jessie James did a lot of good in his life, but he was, in the end, a charlatan and  criminal.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, josh987654321
Furthermore, it is my sincere belief that we would’ve been better off if Hillary had won the election. Mueller was in cahoots with the Ruskies, which is why there was “no evidence” of collusion. There’s nothing wrong with getting misty-eyed while watching “Brokeback Mountain.”

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

(04-01-2019, 08:50 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Furthermore, it is my sincere belief that we would’ve been better off if Hillary had won the election. Mueller was in cahoots with the Ruskies, which is why there was “no evidence” of collusion. There’s nothing wrong with getting misty-eyed while watching “Brokeback Mountain.”

lol
Vatican II was sorely needed to get rid of clericalism and rigidity.

(04-01-2019, 08:50 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Furthermore, it is my sincere belief that we would’ve been better off if Hillary had won the election. Mueller was in cahoots with the Ruskies, which is why there was “no evidence” of collusion. There’s nothing wrong with getting misty-eyed while watching “Brokeback Mountain.”

Okay, :aprilfool:  You got me!!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell