What did you just order?
This, for the family prayer table.

https://www.catholiccompany.com/holy-fam...es-i32509/

And this, because handkerchiefs are really useful.

https://recycledfirefighter.com/collecti...ndkerchief
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(06-06-2019, 06:44 AM)Jeeter Wrote: And this, because handkerchiefs are really useful.

https://recycledfirefighter.com/collecti...ndkerchief

Funny story, but I ordered these, then found out my wife ordered the same thing for me for Father's Day. Big Grin She was impressed and felt I needed more handkerchiefs after I used one to stop a nosebleed on youngest boy.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
I ordered a couple packs of these holy cards to leave at my church and the chapel at work.

I also ordered Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin and The Heart: An Analysis of Human and Divine Affectivity by Dietrich von Hildebrand.[Image: ba1f278f2dd37bd7983bfaa87f5ec35e.jpg][Image: 811f04ea89ec5807c019bea3a389a7b6.jpg]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/

Malachi Martin was right.
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Ioannes_L, JacafamalaRedux, SeeTheLight
(06-07-2019, 07:06 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I ordered a couple packs of these holy cards to leave at my church and the chapel at work.

I also ordered Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin and The Heart: An Analysis of Human and Divine Affectivity by Dietrich von Hildebrand.[Image: ba1f278f2dd37bd7983bfaa87f5ec35e.jpg][Image: 811f04ea89ec5807c019bea3a389a7b6.jpg]

It makes me sad that I found the majority of the ones I left in the chapel at work in the trash tonight.  Undecided
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Ioannes_L, JacafamalaRedux
@Augustinian, at least you tried. I believe God will honor your efforts in heaven.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 3 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Augustinian, Ioannes_L, SeeTheLight
https://romancatholicgear.com/ I'm psyched!!!!!    Heart Heart Heart

[Image: Gun_Metal_Rosary_4_1024x1024.jpg?v=1557418013]

• This is the “authentic” Combat Rosary originally designed by Father Richard Heilman, who was inspired to design this Combat Rosary based on the 1916 WWI US Government military issue pull chain service rosary.

• Others have, sadly, lifted Father Heilman’s intellectual property by exactly duplicating Father Heilman’s Combat Rosary, including the name itself.

• Father Heilman’s “authentic” Combat Rosary has a greater feel, weight and sturdiness than imitations.

• Father Heilman designed this Combat Rosary to use the most powerful of sacramentals by adding the Miraculous Medal, Benedict Medal and Pardon Crucifix, which makes it a powerful spiritual assault weapon against evil forces.

• The Pontifical Swiss Guard (who guard the Pope) now, daily, carries Father Heilman’s authentic Gun Metal Combat Rosary, as their official rosary.

• This authentic Combat Rosary comes in four colors: Silver, Gold, Bronze and Gun Metal.

• This authentic Combat Rosary includes a “Combat Rosary Concealed Carry Card” that is a humorous way to remind us that, as Padre Pio says, this is a mighty weapon against the power of Satan.

• This authentic Combat Rosary includes a business card size (for your wallet to have handy to give to a priest) "Exorcism & Blessing of the Medal of St. Benedict" and the “Traditional Rosary Blessing.”

• NOW INCLUDES the new pocket sized Genuine Lambskin Leather Combat Pouch! 

• All packed in a really cool Spiritual Ammo Tin.

• This authentic Combat Rosary is among the strongest rosaries ever created, which includes double split ring connectors.

[Image: chain_ad_v2_8a7468f2-7413-4182-bc57-b86d...1536248649]

St. Louis de Montfort strongly recommended, after his own example and that of many other saints, that those who complete the 33-day Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary and make the Act of Total Consecration should wear an outward sign as a reminder and expression of their "holy slavery" to Our Lady in the form of a chain.

St. Louis de Montfort wrote, “It is very praiseworthy and helpful for those who have become slaves of Jesus in Mary to wear, in token of their slavery of love, a little chain blessed with a special blessing … I cannot help but give the warmest approval to those who wear them. They show they have shaken off the shameful chains of the slavery of the devil, in which original sin and perhaps actual sin had bound them and have willingly taken upon themselves the glorious slavery of Jesus Christ. Like St. Paul, they glory in the chains they wear for Christ.”
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Augustinian, St.Eliza
(06-18-2019, 08:42 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: https://romancatholicgear.com/ I'm psyched!!!!!   

[Image: Gun_Metal_Rosary_4_1024x1024.jpg?v=1557418013]

• This is the “authentic” Combat Rosary originally designed by Father Richard Heilman, who was inspired to design this Combat Rosary based on the 1916 WWI US Government military issue pull chain service rosary.

• Others have, sadly, lifted Father Heilman’s intellectual property by exactly duplicating Father Heilman’s Combat Rosary, including the name itself.

• Father Heilman’s “authentic” Combat Rosary has a greater feel, weight and sturdiness than imitations.

• Father Heilman designed this Combat Rosary to use the most powerful of sacramentals by adding the Miraculous Medal, Benedict Medal and Pardon Crucifix, which makes it a powerful spiritual assault weapon against evil forces.

• The Pontifical Swiss Guard (who guard the Pope) now, daily, carries Father Heilman’s authentic Gun Metal Combat Rosary, as their official rosary.

• This authentic Combat Rosary comes in four colors: Silver, Gold, Bronze and Gun Metal.

• This authentic Combat Rosary includes a “Combat Rosary Concealed Carry Card” that is a humorous way to remind us that, as Padre Pio says, this is a mighty weapon against the power of Satan.

• This authentic Combat Rosary includes a business card size (for your wallet to have handy to give to a priest) "Exorcism & Blessing of the Medal of St. Benedict" and the “Traditional Rosary Blessing.”

• NOW INCLUDES the new pocket sized Genuine Lambskin Leather Combat Pouch! 

• All packed in a really cool Spiritual Ammo Tin.

• This authentic Combat Rosary is among the strongest rosaries ever created, which includes double split ring connectors.

[Image: chain_ad_v2_8a7468f2-7413-4182-bc57-b86d...1536248649]

St. Louis de Montfort strongly recommended, after his own example and that of many other saints, that those who complete the 33-day Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary and make the Act of Total Consecration should wear an outward sign as a reminder and expression of their "holy slavery" to Our Lady in the form of a chain.

St. Louis de Montfort wrote, “It is very praiseworthy and helpful for those who have become slaves of Jesus in Mary to wear, in token of their slavery of love, a little chain blessed with a special blessing … I cannot help but give the warmest approval to those who wear them. They show they have shaken off the shameful chains of the slavery of the devil, in which original sin and perhaps actual sin had bound them and have willingly taken upon themselves the glorious slavery of Jesus Christ. Like St. Paul, they glory in the chains they wear for Christ.”
I have that rosary in gunmetal and one of the St. Michael pull chain chaplets too. I love them, they go pretty much everywhere with me (my sword and shield lol). Both were blessed and given to me by Fr. Heilman, actually. I was dealing with some dark stuff and sought him for help, so he just gave me them.

[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • dahveed, JacafamalaRedux
I ordered this book last week after a friend showed me his copy. I'm about halfway through and so far it's both uplifting and informative. Idon't know much about the author but it looks like this was just published last month.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/057851...UTF8&psc=1

Wink
(06-18-2019, 09:49 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I have that rosary in gunmetal and one of the St. Michael pull chain chaplets too. I love them, they go pretty much everywhere with me (my sword and shield lol). Both were blessed and given to me by Fr. Heilman, actually. I was dealing with some dark stuff and sought him for help, so he just gave me them.

I have two, one in 'silver' and one in gunmetal. The first, I bought shortly after I found out about them. The second, my (non-practising) son gave me last Christmas, as part of the 'Ammo Kit'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, JacafamalaRedux
This:

It's one of my favorite films.
[-] The following 1 user Likes yablabo's post:
  • Jeeter