I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
Fisheaters TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC forum?

On February 24th 1616, the findings of Catholic teaching were as follows:

(1) “That the sun is in the centre of the world and altogether immovable by local movement,” was unanimously declared to be “foolish, philosophically absurd, and formally heretical [denial of a revelation by God] inasmuch as it expressly contradicts the declarations of Holy Scripture in many passages, according to the proper meaning of the language used, and the sense in which they have been expounded and understood by [all] the Fathers and theologians.”
(2) “That the Earth is not the centre of the world, and moves as a whole, and also with a diurnal movement,” was unanimously declared “to deserve the same censure philosophically, and, theologically considered to be at least erroneous in faith.”

Rejection of the above began what is called MODERNISM:

‘Modernism represented a tendency, a method or process of contemporary thought. As such, it is not confined to religion alone. The name Modernism bears the same relation to what is modern that liberalism bears to what is liberal, or militarism to what is military, or capitalism to capital, and appropriately enough describes the spirit which exalts the modern at the expense of antiquity, which extols the new because it is new, and depreciates the old because it is old, and which so far, is a revolt of the present against the past. Even when its scope is thus restricted, Modernism is an elusive thing to deal with. For Modernists differ so much among themselves that it is difficult to pin them down to one coherent set of opinions. But the general drift of Modernism in its bearing upon Catholicity is unmistakable. Its object is quite clear, open and avowed. That object is not ostensibly to set up a brand-new form of Catholicity, but to construct it on new lines. Its object, as Modernists are fond of saying, is to readjust Catholicity to the mentality of the age, to reinterpret Catholicity in terms of modern thought.’---- Fr Brampton SJ: Modernism and Modern Thought, Sands & Co, St Louis, 1913, p.11.

Today, Pope Francis said he would baptise a martian if requested. The SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM is for those descendents of Adam and Eve who inhereted Original Sin. Original Sin was the reason God became man and founded the Catholic Church. Pius XII allowed the Flock to 'discuss' the idea that Adam's body came from 'pre-existing living matter.' Her had a monkey in mind of course. Another Big Bang galilean pope, Benedict XVI was another who had to reject the traditional teaching on Original Sin. Today, the Catholic Church has NO INFLUENCE ON THE PEOPLE OF EARTH. No one believes in anything any more unless it conforms with 'science.'

This experience on Fisheaters, supposedly for traditional Catholics, shows me things are even worse than I thought.
I'll send Vox a PM asking her to consider changing the forum to "Fisheaters Modernist Heretical Catholic Forums."

Of course, being a heretic, I expect punishment.  Could I request solar or wind powered punishment?  It's more ecologically friendly than coal and burning at the stake.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
A thought for those who reject the decrees of 1616:

‘Gnosticism can be detected when there is observed a degeneration in the respect, the reverence, the awe, the majesty, in the mysteries of God for all things holy and sacred. Galileoism acts like a pincer by stripping away the spiritual reality from the objective reality. Hence the things of God become only objects to be used by man as they see fit. Galileoism is the fruit of Gnosticism and it has this in common with other heresies that it seeks to attach the individual to Satan through error when we become unable to trust our own senses. St Gregory of Nyssa has bequeathed to us an incredible insight into the importance of objective reality in his ‘The Great Catechism.’ In chapter six he says: “Of all existing things there is a twofold manner of appreciation, the consideration of them being divided between what appertains to the intellect and what appertains to the senses;… But as in the sensible world itself,… owing to the Divine wisdom, there is an admixture and interpenetration of the sensible with the intellectual department, in order that all things may equally have a share in the beautiful, and no single one of existing things be without its share in that superior world.” In order for Faith to exist you must be able to trust your senses observing objective reality. Once accepted into the mind, Galileoism acts as a deadly acid working gradually in dissolving the relevance of objective reality to the individual. There is a common technique used by heretics in finding followers. First, they must convince the people they are ignorant by sowing doubt and confusion using various talents for speaking, thus turning objective reality into a quagmire of subjective quicksand. Second, they become master of all because they are perceived by their followers to be the only ones capable of teaching them [the Lynxes?]. Thus people become slaves, for they cannot sever the chains of error once objective reality becomes unrecognizable.
     The importance of objective reality being intertwined with truth [Catholic distinction] is explained by Saint Augustine: “Man is purified through that faith which is conversant with temporal things, in order to his being made capable of receiving the truth of things eternal. For one of their noblest intellects, the philosopher Plato, in the treatise which is named the Timaeus, speaks also to this effect: “as eternity is to that which is made, so truth to faith.” Eternity and truth belong to the things above; while that which is made and faith, these two belong to the things below. In order therefore that we may be called off from the lowest objects, and led up again to the highest, and in order also that what is made may attain to the eternal, we must come through faith to truth.”(The Harmony of the Gospels, book 1, ch.35). [In His miracles] Our Lord Jesus Christ uses the senses as a means of sustaining and increasing the faith.’ --- John Fohne: Galileoism.
(06-19-2019, 10:31 AM)Jeeter Wrote: I'll send Vox a PM asking her to consider changing the forum to "Fisheaters Modernist Heretical Catholic Forums."

Of course, being a heretic, I expect punishment.  Could I request solar or wind powered punishment?  It's more ecologically friendly than coal and burning at the stake.

Solar- or wind-powered punishment is based on those discredited Newtonian and Einsteinian theories of particle physics. It's all a masonic conspiracy, so there's only one punishment for you :

(06-19-2019, 02:14 PM)cassini Wrote: A thought for those who reject the decrees of 1616:

‘Gnosticism can be detected when there is observed a degeneration in the respect, the reverence, the awe, the majesty, in the mysteries of God for all things holy and sacred. Galileoism acts like a pincer by stripping away the spiritual reality from the objective reality. Hence the things of God become only objects to be used by man as they see fit. Galileoism is the fruit of Gnosticism and it has this in common with other heresies that it seeks to attach the individual to Satan through error when we become unable to trust our own senses. St Gregory of Nyssa has bequeathed to us an incredible insight into the importance of objective reality in his ‘The Great Catechism.’ In chapter six he says: “Of all existing things there is a twofold manner of appreciation, the consideration of them being divided between what appertains to the intellect and what appertains to the senses;… But as in the sensible world itself,… owing to the Divine wisdom, there is an admixture and interpenetration of the sensible with the intellectual department, in order that all things may equally have a share in the beautiful, and no single one of existing things be without its share in that superior world.” In order for Faith to exist you must be able to trust your senses observing objective reality. Once accepted into the mind, Galileoism acts as a deadly acid working gradually in dissolving the relevance of objective reality to the individual. There is a common technique used by heretics in finding followers. First, they must convince the people they are ignorant by sowing doubt and confusion using various talents for speaking, thus turning objective reality into a quagmire of subjective quicksand. Second, they become master of all because they are perceived by their followers to be the only ones capable of teaching them [the Lynxes?]. Thus people become slaves, for they cannot sever the chains of error once objective reality becomes unrecognizable.
     The importance of objective reality being intertwined with truth [Catholic distinction] is explained by Saint Augustine: “Man is purified through that faith which is conversant with temporal things, in order to his being made capable of receiving the truth of things eternal. For one of their noblest intellects, the philosopher Plato, in the treatise which is named the Timaeus, speaks also to this effect: “as eternity is to that which is made, so truth to faith.” Eternity and truth belong to the things above; while that which is made and faith, these two belong to the things below. In order therefore that we may be called off from the lowest objects, and led up again to the highest, and in order also that what is made may attain to the eternal, we must come through faith to truth.”(The Harmony of the Gospels, book 1, ch.35). [In His miracles] Our Lord Jesus Christ uses the senses as a means of sustaining and increasing the faith.’ --- John Fohne: Galileoism.

Cassini, I need at least 47 more full text quotes from random books that no one has heard about before I can begin taking this seriously.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alphonse il Segundo's post:
  • jovan66102, MagisterMusicae
(06-19-2019, 06:20 AM)cassini Wrote: Fisheaters TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC forum?

Yes. Though we're generally pretty tolerant of Protestants like you, because we want you to embrace the Catholic Faith and have the chance of saving your souls.

That statement probably deserves some explanation.

Earlier, you publicly stated that the Catholic Church defected and that Protestants preserved the Truth. Since that is an heretical and blasphemous statement and you doubled down, in my mind, and you assert that Protestantism has the truth, I consider that a formal rejection of the Catholic Faith, and the embracing of Protestantism.

It's odd though, you assert Protestants preserved the Faith, while declaring that the Church they defected from 100 years earlier, was infallible. That's a really illogical and bizarre way of thinking, but heresy I guess, isn't supposed to make sense.

(06-19-2019, 06:20 AM)cassini Wrote: On February 24, 1616, the findings of Catholic teaching were as follows ...

The question is, by whom. It was not a "finding" or "decree" by the Pope or any magisterial body. It was a report given to the Pope by theologians.

Plenty of reports from even high-ranking theologians given to the Pope are not "Catholic teaching". Those reports do not establish the Faith. The Magisterium does.

Guess what? It has, and it does not agree with that report.

I would note in passing as well, no one asserts that the Sun is the center of the universe.

(06-19-2019, 06:20 AM)cassini Wrote: Rejection of the above began what is called MODERNISM ...

The Church defined, through Pope St Pius X that Modernism was a philosophical and theological error with two foundations : agnosticism and vital immanence. It has nothing directly to do with heliocentrism. Note that the arch-anti-Modernists never mention geocentrism, and in it was under that anti-Modernist Pope that his own Biblical Commission (which he gave his own Magisterial authority) determined that "day" in Genesis could be taken in a sense other than a 24-hour period, and the Pope specifically approved this decree, meaning it is the teaching of the Church.

(06-19-2019, 06:20 AM)cassini Wrote: This experience on Fisheaters, supposedly for traditional Catholics, shows me things are even worse than I thought.

You're welcome to go elsewhere and join your fellow Prots, but we'd really prefer that you abandon your pride and errors, and embrace the Catholic Faith.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102
A new religion? There is no god but geocentrism and Sugenis is its prophet.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Jeeter, MagisterMusicae
(06-19-2019, 03:14 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Solar- or wind-powered punishment is based on those discredited Newtonian and Einsteinian theories of particle physics. It's all a masonic conspiracy, so there's only one punishment for you :

I have to become the Queen of Hearts and bellow to cut off folks’ heads? I thought the Church was firmly against gender ideology. Then again, this is the Modernist Forums, and it is pride month and all. But still, I didn’t expect this to happen so quickly. :P
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Suppressing the truth has been the primary means for the success of so many of Lucifer’s deceptions.

From the beginning this old serpent was rightly named Lucifer, ‘the Light-Bearer’, for he is the source of the ‘false light’ which the Blessed Virgin later told us at La Salette would soon “illuminate the world”, causing “extraordinary wonders every place because the true faith will be extinguished.” Furthermore, he and his agents have gone under various names: Gnostics, Cabbalists, Rosicrucians, Freemasons, Illuminati, Communists, New Age Movement, and other theosophical societies. More specifically, even the luciferian Albert Pike, Illustrious Grandmaster of American Freemasonry during the Civil War period, said: “At the bottom of magic . . .was science.

Notice that Pike uses past tense (was). Truth in general is reversed:

God signifies Satan and Satan – God. Good is evil. Virtue is vice and vice is virtue. Light is darkness and darkness, light. Revelation is obscurantism and obscurantism is revelation. Religion is superstition and superstition, religion.

Similarly, modern pseudo-science, controlled by Judeo-Masonry, mixes fact with fantasy, hypothesis with reality, and false proofs with exacting calculation. This magical sleight of hand can easily present itself harmful to those not firmly grounded in the Truth.

https://jeranism.com/the-heliocentric-ho...-v-forsee/

prot@jovan hehe works every time...
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • cassini
(06-19-2019, 04:34 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: A new religion? There is no god but geocentrism and Sugenis is its prophet.

Four more pillars needed ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102