Woman leading "Catholic" Church service in Germany
Today I went to morning mass in my German home town; Our parish priest is sick and obviously they didn't get a replacement for today: so they decided that a woman could do the job: so instead of the priest, a woman dressed in a white showed up and started to speak. When I noticed what was happening I got up and left to pray a Rosary in the chapel at the back of the Church; so I could hear the first five minutes: the lady spoke exactly the same words as in a normal Catholic (NO) mass: First she introduced the saint of the day, then she gave the "priestly blessing", prayed the Kyrie, went on to the first lecture, and so on....then I felt to nauseated to stay there, so I don't know if she reparted the Eucharist or not. Afterwards I saw in the Church Schedule, that the event was declared as "Word Service" instead of "Eucharist", so I suppose that (at least) she didn't try to consecrate the Host.

I feel pretty scandalized right now. Is something like this happening in the USA, too?

PD: Don't ask me to report this to my bishop; there is no point...he is ultra-left leaning, even for German standards.
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
[-] The following 2 users Like JosefSilouan's post:
  • Augustinian, josh987654321
Arghh, disgusting.

As someone who goes to N.O. since there is no alternative where I live, I can tolerate a lot, but never 'priestesses', I would have walked out too, depending how I was feeling at the time, perhaps making a very small scene as I scoff at the realization of what's about to happen and then genuflect before Christ and leave. I feel so sorry for you in Germany, so much heresy coming out of there, but I've also read of some faithful ones in Germany too.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
If anyone tries to rebuke/question you for your stand, I would simply reply "Father forgive them, they know not what they do." emphasizing the obvious they should know.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
Yes this has happened at local parishes.  I actually thought it was run of the mill stuff, women leading communion services.  Years ago when I came back to Catholicism, my first time experiencing a female lay run communion service was when I felt a little pang of confusion and it eventually led to me discovering Fisheaters.  I had never questioned things like female altar servers or really anything about the N.O. because I had been thoroughly indoctrinated at my parish school.  But seeing it all culminate in a female led communion service was suddenly a bridge too far.
[-] The following 4 users Like Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • Augustinian, JosefSilouan, jovan66102, Zedta
I have seen women-led services before; what was disturbing about this one: at the time of the normal morning mass, the lady showed up and behaved just like a priest - without even a word of introduction or explanation.

Maybe the modernists don't even need women's ordination to change the Church: they just have to skip the Eucharist (in which most of them don't believe anyway) in the "services", and then women can take over; most German laypeople won't even notice the difference between a mass and a "service"..
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
Stipulations for norms across the entire Latin rite for Holy Communion outside of Mass were approved by the Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship (CDW) in 1973, signed by Annibale Bugnini. The follow up documents, at least in the English speaking dioceses, were the Sunday Celebrations in the Absence of Priest and Holy Communion and Worship of the Eucharist Outside Mass. I can't say what liturgical documents were developed in German speaking countries since I'm not familiar with them.

These documents give the outline and details of the rite for a liturgy of the Word as well as distribution of Communion in the absence of a priest. This includes a welcome, a penitential rite, the readings from the lectionary, intercessions, and then goes straight into the Our Father, etc. The lay minister is instructed to wear the typical server's garb for the region, which at least in the US is an alb or (less frequently) cassock and surplice. The final blessing is the one taken from the revised Divine Office, and the lay minister is instructed not to make the sign of the cross towards the congregation but only bless him/herself. The rubrics stipulate that the lay minister should not do or say anything that is proper to a priest, which of course everything is, but they mean specifically things like the Dominus vobiscum, the use of the orans position, specific priestly vestments (besides the alb), or blessing the congregation. So of course, a lot of blurred lines.

For those interested in seeing the general norms for English speakers:
https://litpress.org/Products/GetSample/...0814635391
https://owensborodiocese.org/wp-content/...s/SCAP.pdf
https://www.liturgyoffice.org.uk/Resourc...uction.pdf
http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/...priest.cfm

Every experience I've had of this is that it is always awkward and clunky. Nobody knows the actual rubrics or responses proper to these rites, and typically people are just as confused as you were why the priest is absent. But people go along because why not at this point. It can be pretty jarring... I would walk out whenever I saw this even though I knew it was technically allowed. I didn't think it was worth trying to receive Communion while my mind was so unsettled.
I have performed an Eucharistic Service on many occasions when a priest could not say Mass at a Nursing Home to around 20-30 people. We have a priest there twice a month for Mass and I fill in on days that he cannot come. There are very strict guidelines and the EMHC may not 'preach' or vary the written content of the service in any way. It is very bland and only meant as an emergency replacement, if you will. I am not all that comfortable doing it, but the poor folks at the Nursing home would not be able to receive Our Lord at that time, otherwise. Our parish priest, provides the Consecrated Hosts for me to take to the service.

What you discribe seeing is what irks me. Many of the EMHCs bend the rules and try to imitate being 'the priest' for a day. Its bad enough that a priest is unavailable or unable to say Mass, but to make the situation worse, by going 'off script', is disturbing.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • jovan66102, MaryTN
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Quote:Let women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted them to speak, but to be subject, as also the law saith. But if they would learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • LionHippo, MiserereMeiDeus, mpk1987
(10-15-2019, 12:51 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Quote:Let women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted them to speak, but to be subject, as also the law saith. But if they would learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church.

Oh didn't you hear?  That line of inspired text is outdated and no longer correct.  Hope that clears up your confusion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • LionHippo
(10-15-2019, 04:43 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 12:51 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Oh didn't you hear?  That line of inspired text is outdated and no longer correct.  Hope that clears up your confusion.

Don't take it up with me; I didn't write it.  Take it up with St. Paul.