The Global Warming Fraud
(12-08-2019, 11:54 PM)Paul Wrote: But that's the problem. The predictions of climate science have been wrong over and over again for decades. 

Are you sure? 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/climate-mod...ch-letters

(12-09-2019, 12:06 AM)Zedta Wrote: I am not an evaluator of the science. I am an observer of the data and who is presenting the data. I have not posted anything from me as anything for or against the issue of Climate Change. I only present others who are credentialed and support viewpoints that contradict or otherwise do not support what appears from the data to be a purely political or monetary priory for the idea of Climate Change or Global Warming as a human caused phenomena.

So you're only presenting data from one viewpoint.

Again, I referred to a particular method in my field. I could repeat the arguments of the one US professor I mentioned already, and that would skew the view of someone untrained in the field, who would be almost certain to distrust the method, and be likely to toss the method entirely. 

And that would be wrong.

Politics messes things up when it gets involved in science. Science knows cigarettes are rather bad for people. But politics - and money - sowed confusion for decades.
(12-09-2019, 12:06 AM)Zedta Wrote: If you can dispute this issue, please submit your data.

I am still waitng on this request.

(12-09-2019, 09:28 PM)Stanis Wrote: Again, I referred to a particular method in my field.

Stating your field would be informative to the discussion.

Stanis Wrote:So you're only presenting data from one viewpoint.

As you also did.

Stanis Wrote:Are you sure? 

And, I might add, from a very questionable, MSM source. 

Stanis Wrote:Politics messes things up when it gets involved in science.

CBS News...really?

Continuous Bull Sh** News?

One which is highly political and you yourself questioned the validity of politicization of the issue, I must point out. CBS has been highly politicized since the Walter Cronkite days, at the least.

Try again and better, please. I have cited MANY sources if you would look a bit deeper.

Perhaps you should get your point straightened out a bit?
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • antiquarian
(12-09-2019, 09:28 PM)Stanis Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 11:54 PM)Paul Wrote: But that's the problem. The predictions of climate science have been wrong over and over again for decades. 

Are you sure? 

So why aren't we all underwater yet?

And that article really doesn't say much. It says 10 of 17 models were "consistent", but gives no data as to what that means. Nor does the article discuss what the models include - even if they've got the amount of warming right, that doesn't mean it's caused by humans. Maybe the models are right, but for the wrong reasons. Perhaps they attribute to man what's really due to the sun. And how do I know they haven't tweaked the models to fit the data, so of course it matches.

There's a link to the actual paper, but you have to pay for it. And I'm not a climate scientist, so I don't know if it's accurate science or not. I do know that the climate was warmer in Roman times, and in the Middle Ages, and it made conditions a lot better for people. Why would this time be any different?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • Zedta
(12-11-2019, 02:55 AM)Paul Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 09:28 PM)Stanis Wrote:

Are you sure? 

So why aren't we all underwater yet?

And that article really doesn't say much. It says 10 of 17 models were "consistent", but gives no data as to what that means. Nor does the article discuss what the models include - even if they've got the amount of warming right, that doesn't mean it's caused by humans. Maybe the models are right, but for the wrong reasons. Perhaps they attribute to man what's really due to the sun. And how do I know they haven't tweaked the models to fit the data, so of course it matches.

There's a link to the actual paper, but you have to pay for it. And I'm not a climate scientist, so I don't know if it's accurate science or not. I do know that the climate was warmer in Roman times, and in the Middle Ages, and it made conditions a lot better for people. Why would this time be any different?

Your questions are mostly addressed in the CBS blurb about the scientific article.

But if the CBS blurb is a problem, go to the geophysical letters page. There's a charge for the article itself, but the "supporting information" is free to download. It's not the paper and it's not peer reviewed, but should help explain a few things.
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/...19GL085378
Stanis Wrote:It's not the paper and it's not peer reviewed, but should help explain a few things.

Hmmm...not peer reviewed, that does explain a few things; like why it isn't peer reviewed, as in questionable data or conclusions, or both?
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
(12-11-2019, 08:57 PM)Zedta Wrote:
Stanis Wrote:It's not the paper and it's not peer reviewed, but should help explain a few things.

Hmmm...not peer reviewed, that does explain a few things; like why it isn't peer reviewed, as in questionable data or conclusions, or both?

It's supporting information provided by the authors. If you have questions about it, you could contact the authors.
(12-16-2019, 11:01 AM)Stanis Wrote: It's supporting information provided by the authors. If you have questions about it, you could contact the authors.
:hmmm: Looks like I struck a 'reality' nerve with you.

I submit you go back and look at all of your posts on this thread and take a big sip of your own advise.

Check out more than just the bylines and listen to the information and check out the data provided by the numerous actual 'atmospheric' scientists that I have posted their work here. There is a plethora of data here that disputes, with true data, how absolutely insane the idea that CO2 as any effect on our climate. It is so minuscule as to be negligible.
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
(12-16-2019, 05:18 PM)Zedta Wrote: There is a plethora of data here that disputes, with true data

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Quote:I am not an evaluator of the science. I am an observer of the data and who is presenting the data. I have not posted anything from me as anything for or against the issue of Climate Change. 
(12-20-2019, 07:33 AM)Stanis Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 05:18 PM)Zedta Wrote: There is a plethora of data here that disputes, with true data

Quote:I am not an evaluator of the science. I am an observer of the data and who is presenting the data. I have not posted anything from me as anything for or against the issue of Climate Change. 

You obviously are not a serious debater.

You, apparently, could not have not read anything posted in this rather lengthy thread, with any depth, other than reading headlines or bylines. Until you do, you cannot be considered anything but a contrarian/denier.
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • antiquarian
(12-20-2019, 10:37 AM)Zedta Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 07:33 AM)Stanis Wrote:

You obviously are not a serious debater.

You, apparently, could not have not read anything posted in this rather lengthy thread, with any depth, other than reading headlines or bylines. Until you do, you cannot be considered anything but a contrarian/denier.

You, apparently, have no credentials in the field. Have you ever taken a graduate level class in climate science? Any class at all? Until you have put in the necessary work to understand the background material, why should anyone take you seriously?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stanis's post:
  • Zedta