Praying the rosary in Latin
Does anyone here pray the rosary in Latin?  On Wednesdays and Sundays I pray the Credo and the Pater Nosters in Latin and the Aves and Glorias in English. I'm thinking about praying the whole thing in Latin.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clare Brigid's post:
  • ServusDei, Teresa Agrorum
I occasionally pray all but the Credo  in Latin. I don't do the Credo because I don't yet have it memorised in Latin.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Lately I've been opting for it mostly in Latin. I'm in the same boat as Jovan, I don't yet have the Credo memorize. I also need to learn the Hail Holy Queen and Fatima Prayer in Latin too. Then I can really have some trad cred. (sarcasm)
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
I occasionally pray a Pater Noster and an Ave Maria in Latin rather than English, but not the whole rosary.
I pray part of it Latin sometimes, but I'm still learning the other prayers and pronunciation.
While I pray the Aves and Paters in Latin, I haven't memorized the Credo in Latin either. Silly question, but wasn't there some place on the web with Rosary cards, but all in Latin? I seem to have seen them somewhere.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • jack89
(02-03-2020, 08:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I occasionally pray all but the Credo  in Latin. I don't do the Credo because I don't yet have it memorised in Latin.
It's easier after you hear the Credo chanted over and over again, such as the Credo from the Missa de Angelis -- you can find it online.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
I've got the Gloria, Pater Noter and Ave Maria memorized in Latin. Still working on the other prayers, which I will read out of my daily missal if I recite the Rosary in Latin.

Below is a vid of the the Sorrowful Mysteries completely recited in Latin.

I only prayed the rosary in Latin once or twice, usually I do it in vernacular.
The good thing about praying in Latin, at least for me, is that I don't loose my focus so easily.

This topic made me remember something:
Where and how often was the rosary prayed in Latin prior to Vatican II?
Ite ad Ioseph
(02-03-2020, 11:29 PM)ServusDei Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 08:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I occasionally pray all but the Credo  in Latin. I don't do the Credo because I don't yet have it memorised in Latin.
It's easier after you hear the Credo chanted over and over again, such as the Credo from the Missa de Angelis -- you can find it online.

Different Credo. This is the shorter Apostles' Creed, not the Nicene Creed used at Mass.

It's easier to memorise when you say it every day before Matins and Prime and after Compline, but the '62 Office removed that, along with the Hail Mary, which, because of that, is no longer used liturgically, at least in its entirety.