How Is Your Diocese Dealing With Coronavirus ?
We can argue for ever over whether the churches should be open or closed and I doubt few will change their opinions, but one question that disturbs me perhaps even more is,  Where is the leadership of the Church in all this, Where are the calls for repentence and putting our house in order ? Every Diocese web page I see seems to have the same response. Cupich is on the altar with leaders of non-Catholic religions while the faithful are locked out, and people are told how to watch the mass online along with a few health tips. Ouside of a tiny handful like Cardinal Burke, no one is talking about repentence or that our society, including a majority of Catholics has fully embraced a culture of death (abortion-euthanasia) sexual perversion, divorce, contraception,false gods and goddesses and above all has rejected Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  Those "living saints we're so unworthy of" as many neo-Catholics and CAF types believe, who head these Diocese's continue to refuse to tell the truth, that if we don't repent, something far worse than the Coronavirus will descend upon us.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eric F's post:
  • antiquarian, josh987654321, Teresa Agrorum
Bishop Estevez of the Diocese of St. Augustine, has shut down ALL gatherings and Mass events, save for the pastor's daily Mass that may be held in the rectory. Our Parish priest says Sunday Mass with his two deacons and streams it live on Facebook. He also hears confession of those who request it. I still go out to see my homebound, who are self-quarantining as I am, on Sundays.

Very sad as our Parish had a very vibrant prayer life!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
It's the perfect time for people who haven't already to pick up the breviary or something that keeps you in touch with the "communion of saints" in a visceral way.  

I'm still a home aloner since there are no Old Rite Orthodox close to me here in Fl so for me it's just same old, same old. I've got a prayer rope,horologion,prayer book and festal menaion and doing my best.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 4 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Teresa Agrorum, Zedta
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is suspended until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency. https://www.rcan.org/covid19

Priests may offer the Sacrament of Reconciliation only in danger of death or extremely extraordinary situations. https://lacatholics.org/wp-content/uploa...-32420.pdf

(03-26-2020, 08:53 PM)Eric F Wrote: The Sacrament of Reconciliation is suspended until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency. https://www.rcan.org/covid19

Priests may offer the Sacrament of Reconciliation only in danger of death or extremely extraordinary situations. https://lacatholics.org/wp-content/uploa...-32420.pdf

I forgot to say, Now there's real leadership coming from our Catholic Bishops.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Mass is available on our parish’s Facebook page. I don’t know about confession.
Can't confess on Facebook (smiley icon here)
(03-26-2020, 08:53 PM)Eric F Wrote: The Sacrament of Reconciliation is suspended until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency. https://www.rcan.org/covid19 

Of course, that's 'Nighty, Night Baby' Tobin. I doubt if he even remembers what the Faith is, let alone believes it. Here are his full directives. Basically, no Sacraments for anyone who isn't dying, and no access under any circumstances to the Blessed Sacrament for prayer and Adoration. His attitude seems to be, 'Save the bodies! To hell with the souls!'

[b]NEW DIRECTIVES effective March 25, 2020:[/b]
  • Wakes and funerals must be postponed until further notice. There are no exceptions to this, regardless of the size of the group. Burials may take place with only the priest.

• All baptisms must be postponed until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency.

• All weddings are postponed until further notice.

• The Sacrament of Reconciliation is suspended until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency. 

• All churches and adoration chapels must be closed and locked until further notice. Private prayer in any parish building must be discontinued until further notice.

• Parish offices must be closed until further notice.  Employees who provide essential services should be limited and on staggered schedules.

• Pastors should see that the Blessed Sacrament is renewed in tabernacles regularly from celebrations of private Masses.

[b]The following directives REMAIN IN FORCE since March 18, 2020:[/b]
  • All public celebrations of daily and Sunday Mass suspended until further notice.

• All public celebrations of the Sacraments and other public forms of worship suspended until further notice. This includes, but is not limited to, previously scheduled Confirmations, celebrations of First Communion, penitential services, Communion services, and Liturgies of the Word.

• Anointing of the Sick: A priest may use a cotton-tipped swab or cotton ball as an instrument to anoint the sick person.

• Holy Water should be removed from all fonts.

• Celebrations of Mass should continue via live-streaming. If you have not done so already, you are urged to enroll your parish in the archdiocesan Parish Support Initiative that provides one online platform for the faithful to support the critical needs of their parish communities and other parishes in need. Contributions also are gratefully accepted through usual channels including mailed envelopes, other online giving, Annual Appeal, etc.

• The Archdiocesan Center remains closed with limited and staggering of hours.

• Catholic Schools remain closed as directed by the State of New Jersey.

• All Archdiocese of Newark Catechetical education and events sponsored by the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) are suspended.

[b]Anyone who has had direct exposure or potential exposure to COVID-19 is advised to carefully follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding isolation and quarantine protocols.[/b]

Archdiocesan employees will continue to work remotely, and should consult their supervisors for further guidance and to determine work assignments.

We encourage you to continue to visit https://covid19.nj.gov for accurate and updated information available to the residents of New Jersey. Also, please monitor our website at www.rcan.org/covid-19 and follow the Archdiocese of Newark’s social media channels @NwkArchdiocese for archdiocesan related announcements.

We continue to keep all affected individuals, families, first responders, and especially those on the front lines in our prayers throughout the coming days. Thank you.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Eric F
(03-26-2020, 12:59 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: It's the perfect time for people who haven't already to pick up the breviary or something that keeps you in touch with the "communion of saints" in a visceral way.  

I'm still a home aloner since there are no Old Rite Orthodox close to me here in Fl so for me it's just same old, same old. I've got a prayer rope,horologion,prayer book and festal menaion and doing my best.

My Monastic Diurnal has been my rock these past few weeks. Thank God for breviaries.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"In my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and found him not. I will rise, and will go about the city: in the streets and the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and I found him not.The watchmen who keep the city, found me: Have you seen him, whom my soul loveth? When I had a little passed by them, I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him: and I will not let him go, till I bring him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that bore me." - Cant. 3:1-4
Thank you, Eric F, for saying what's been on all our minds since this disaster began. Our bishops are mysteriously silent and the stink is growing.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Eric F