The Holy Father is calling for prayer today. And he should be obeyed.
(05-15-2020, 08:31 PM)LionHippo Wrote: One would say that someone engaging in human sacrifice is not capable of expressing genuine love; and obviously if they were sacrificing humans, they would not have a grasp of caring for their well being.

So what about those who approve child marriages and pedophilia? After all that's what Muhammad engaged in with his favorite wife Aisha, married at age 6.

(05-15-2020, 08:31 PM)LionHippo Wrote: The Pope's call for prayer yesterday was specifically "in fraternity" with those of the Jewish and Muslim faiths.  Neither one of them practices human sacrifice.

Neither one of whom acknowledge Our Lord Jesus Christ as the King of Kings and the only name by which man can be saved, and no, it included Hinduism, Buddhism etc, haven't you watched his 2016 video?

It's downright heresy and idolatry, and like I said, if we get relief, which god did it? if we don't then none of them did? Our God is a jealous God, and this outright idolatry will not go without consequence for all who take part. For having known the truth, these traitor 'catholics' will be judged far more severely then even the pagans, as they place the King of Kings on equal status with lies and demons. If Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc are so great, go worship those lies and demons instead, they are not just one among many and there are not multiple paths to God, Christ ALONE is the way the truth and the life, there is NO way to God except THROUGH HIM! Our God is a jealous God, Thou Shalt Not Commit Idolatry!.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless
(05-15-2020, 08:49 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Was God pleased with this situation?  Seven centuries of millions of people never exposed to Christianity?  Surely, no.  But it seems like an awfully long time to permit it, as well, if not for a reason, or for allowing salvation without the Church in some form known only to the Father.

That's why, having never heard of Christ and the Gospel message, when they do wrong they will be punished less severely as they are in invincible ignorance, but for those so called 'cathoilics' who pray with them to place Christ, the King of Kings on par with their lies and demons, they no doubt will be judged far more severely.

Remember too, every pagan nation where the good news was shared, many conversions followed (those in invincible ignorance) but many martyrs followed too (committed by those beyond invincible ignorance and consumed by the lies and demons they worshiped).

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • jovan66102
Josh, we have our disagreements, but thank you for standing up for the Catholic Faith against the modernist, universalist, gnostic, Freemasonic, One World Religion that Francis is pushing and that is being promoted in this thread!

As I commented on a Facebook post about this, 'No thanks, Francis, I'm a Catholic'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • josh987654321
(05-16-2020, 08:16 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 08:31 PM)LionHippo Wrote: One would say that someone engaging in human sacrifice is not capable of expressing genuine love; and obviously if they were sacrificing humans, they would not have a grasp of caring for their well being.

So what about those who approve child marriages and pedophilia? After all that's what Muhammad engaged in with his favorite wife Aisha, married at age 6.

(05-15-2020, 08:31 PM)LionHippo Wrote: The Pope's call for prayer yesterday was specifically "in fraternity" with those of the Jewish and Muslim faiths.  Neither one of them practices human sacrifice.

Neither one of whom acknowledge Our Lord Jesus Christ as the King of Kings and the only name by which man can be saved, and no, it included Hinduism, Buddhism etc, haven't you watched his 2016 video?

It's downright heresy and idolatry, and like I said, if we get relief, which god did it? if we don't then none of them did? Our God is a jealous God, and this outright idolatry will not go without consequence for all who take part. For having known the truth, these traitor 'catholics' will be judged far more severely then even the pagans, as they place the King of Kings on equal status with lies and demons. If Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc are so great, go worship those lies and demons instead, they are not just one among many and there are not multiple paths to God, Christ ALONE is the way the truth and the life, there is NO way to God except THROUGH HIM! Our God is a jealous God, Thou Shalt Not Commit Idolatry!.

God Bless
Not all Muslims approve child marriage and paedophilia.  Again, if someone is practicing something like that, it is not charity.  

I'm not sure what part of the Pope's prayer request is so confusing.  It was a call for everyone to pray according to their beliefs.  He didn't command Catholics to go to mosques or synagogues to pray, or to pray to other gods.  And what good is just commanding a non-Christian to pray to Christ?  It was basically a call for people to pray according to their beliefs.  

It is actually refreshing to hear that the call to prayer included Hindus and Buddhists.  In other words, even those outside of the professed Abrahamic faiths were included in the call to prayer and fraternity.  This again reflects keen thinking on the part of Pope Francis, displaying the utmost courage and leadership during this time.  Who aside from the Holy Father commands the type of respect so as to call the entire world to prayer?  Catholics should be rejoicing that we have a visionary in the Chair of Peter.

The concept of a "jealous God" may sound good in some theological arguments, but is a very unappealing way to convert people to the faith.  Nobody is attracted to a "jealous God."  Love and mercy must be at the forefront of evangelization.  Such a description of God does not register with the modern culture or those outside the Catholic faith.
(05-16-2020, 09:19 PM)LionHippo Wrote: It is actually refreshing to hear that the call to prayer included Hindus and Buddhists.  In other words, even those outside of the professed Abrahamic faiths were included in the call to prayer and fraternity.  This again reflects keen thinking on the part of Pope Francis, displaying the utmost courage and leadership during this time.  Who aside from the Holy Father commands the type of respect so as to call the entire world to prayer?  Catholics should be rejoicing that we have a visionary in the Chair of Peter.

The concept of a "jealous God" may sound good in some theological arguments, but is a very unappealing way to convert people to the faith.  Nobody is attracted to a "jealous God."  Love and mercy must be at the forefront of evangelization.  Such a description of God does not register with the modern culture or those outside the Catholic faith.

It doesn’t take any courage to use appealing language when speaking to the world and saying what the world is looking to hear in a 30 second sound byte... it takes courage to speak the truth, as Christ did with the Pharisees time and time again.  

Your position in the above paragraphs is irreconcilable with being a Catholic; it is a direct contradiction to the farewell discourse our lord left to his disciples before his arrest. Francis is the Successor of Peter.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
[-] The following 4 users Like The Tax Collector's post:
  • jovan66102, MiserereMeiDeus, Te Deum, Teresa Agrorum
LionHippo Wrote:I'm not sure what part of the Pope's prayer request is so confusing.  It was a call for everyone to pray according to their beliefs.  He didn't command Catholics to go to mosques or synagogues to pray, or to pray to other gods.  And what good is just commanding a non-Christian to pray to Christ?  It was basically a call for people to pray according to their beliefs.  

No man can come to the Father except through Christ.

Uniting in prayer with other religions is an insult to God and it achieves nothing, although it has become a common diplomatic stunt by the Vatican in recent decades.

LionHippo Wrote:Catholics should be rejoicing that we have a visionary in the Chair of Peter.

Francis has been in office since March 13th 2013.

7 years later and the Church is in a worse shape than it was under Benedict. Not even the reform of the Roman curia was completed. There's no discernible vision at play.

LionHippo Wrote:The concept of a "jealous God" may sound good in some theological arguments, but is a very unappealing way to convert people to the faith.  Nobody is attracted to a "jealous God."  Love and mercy must be at the forefront of evangelization.  Such a description of God does not register with the modern culture or those outside the Catholic faith.

Lies and half truths have never been able to convert anyone. God is jealous and abhors sin, chief of which is idolatry. If you can't teach people what the First Commandment entails, don't expect to plant any seed that takes root.
[-] The following 5 users Like Te Deum's post:
  • Hildegarde, josh987654321, MiserereMeiDeus, Teresa Agrorum, The Tax Collector
LionHippo Wrote:I'm not sure what part of the Pope's prayer request is so confusing.  

There's nothing at all confusing about it, and I don't think anyone on this thread has expressed confusion. It's quite clear. It is a call to apostasy, to the repudiation of Christ as the only Mediator with the Father, to the repudiation of the Great Commission given by Christ to the Church, and to join in a syncretistic 'faith'. Nothing confusing about it at all. 

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
  • The Tax Collector
The modern Traditionalist movement risks existing in small bubbles unless it overcomes its fear of reaching out to the world . It is a movement often concerned with protecting a favored vision of the Church more than reaching out to the world. Honestly, it quite often feels like many Traditionalists think that evangelizing is as simple as setting up Latin Masses across the world like franchises, and that somehow everyone will flock to them and be instantly converted.

Folks seem to gloss over the reality of life and how to take that into consideration when reaching out in charity. It is what Pope Francis means by recognizing the "lived reality" of people and "meeting them where they are." That "lived reality" includes people of other faiths, whose families have probably practiced those religions for a great many years.

Evangelizing today must be done much differently that it was in the first century, or the 16th, or even after that. The Church today is facing a world with much more knowledge at its disposal, and quite honestly many more options for religion. If the Catholic Church just heavily repeated calls for repentance, "no salvation outside the Church," put down other religions as "idolatry," etc., the fact is, it would come across as very arrogant an unappealing. Who would be receptive to that type of message today?
(05-17-2020, 12:06 AM)LionHippo Wrote: If the Catholic Church just heavily repeated calls for repentance, "no salvation outside the Church," put down other religions as "idolatry," etc., the fact is, it would come across as very arrogant an unappealing.  Who would be receptive to that type of message today?

That doesn't make those things any less true, or "no such thing as sin", "everyone goes to heaven", and "all religions are good" true. The Pope doesn't get to just make up doctrine and create the Church of Nice.

(05-17-2020, 12:06 AM)LionHippo Wrote: Not all Muslims approve child marriage and paedophilia.  Again, if someone is practicing something like that, it is not charity.

Then they're bad Muslims, because Mohammed is supposed to be the perfect example of how a man should act. Muslims who reject jihad are no different than Catholics who use birth control - except, of course, one is the true faith and one isn't.
[-] The following 4 users Like Paul's post:
  • jovan66102, LionHippo, MiserereMeiDeus, The Tax Collector
The 'Church of Nice' which Francis is trying to create is not the Catholic Church, founded by Christ, and outside which there is no salvation, and no believing Catholic thinks it is.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
  • LionHippo