Experimental Coronavirus Vaccines Killed 1,170 Americans (so far)
(02-13-2021, 06:16 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: The Russians produced their Sputnik V vaccine for no particular reason? The Chinese did the same with their vaccine?

Everybody makes mistakes.  C'mon, man.

Yes, uh no. As in no.
(02-13-2021, 06:16 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: So the British Prime Minister is also part of this vast global conspiracy? The Russians produced their Sputnik V vaccine for no particular reason? The Chinese did the same with their vaccine?
You have a lot to learn, bud
[Image: 18b72434ef8a79937d932084cedeacc2.gif]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
Yes I'm waiting out results and after effects.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
Who do you think is getting these vaccines in the initial wave of roll outs? Old, enfeebled inmates of nursing homes who have multiple comorbidities. You pick a 1000 of these people at random, and 80-100 are going to be dead in the next month. I walk by a nursing home on my daily walk to work - always ambulances and funeral home vehicles out front. It's like they walk the halls every morning "bring out your dead".
(02-14-2021, 12:31 PM)Jerry Towns Wrote: Who do you think is getting these vaccines in the initial wave of roll outs?  Old, enfeebled inmates of nursing homes who have multiple comorbidities.  You pick a 1000 of these people at random, and 80-100 are going to be dead in the next month.  I walk by a nursing home on my daily walk to work - always ambulances and funeral home vehicles out front.  It's like they walk the halls every morning "bring out your dead".
Who "should" be getting the vaccinations? 

Anyway...I've heard innumerable stories of all manner of people getting them, from health care workers to teachers to celebrities to politicians to first responders, etc., etc.  Most of these people are not nursing home "inmates", though some may be old and others enfeebled in one way or another :-).

The stated goal of the CDC is to vaccinate everyone, or as close to that as possible.  Who is getting them now depends largely on availability and which jurisdiction (state, county, city, etc.) one lives in.

Me...I'll take a pass, thank you very much, though I believe that anyone who wants one and has been thoroughly educated about them (as opposed to brainwashed and/or frightened into thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread) should be able to get it.  It should be, like all medical decisions, a matter of informed choice.
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
Over 50 million people have been vaccinated in the US and the process is accelerating. Canada is in a sorry state, unless the CBC also produces fake news and Mr. Trudeau is in on it.

As a moderator on another forum, I've noticed an interesting thing on message boards in general. It usually takes only two people pushing a counter-narrative to confuse the average person. That, my friends, is one problem with the internet
A bit of news: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...SKBN2AE0DX

Then again, perhaps the UK does not exist. :)
(02-14-2021, 02:37 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Over 50 million people have been vaccinated in the US and the process is accelerating. Canada is in a sorry state, unless the CBC also produces fake news and Mr. Trudeau is in on it.

And tens of millions of people believe that a crypto-currency like Bitcoin (BTC) is truly a currency and a store of value, even though it is intrinsically deflationary, is not being used as a currency (other than some random transfer of BTC from P2P, but the same can be done with any security) and the only thing being touted about it is "HODL!" and "To the moon!"

Not to mention, these same millions of people also believe in Anthropologic Climate Change caused by massive increase of carbon output, have no problem that the same cryptocurrency they delusionally believe will replace the USD, is the source of massive carbon output.

What's your point? A lot of people can be fooled.

Quote:As a moderator on another forum, I've noticed an interesting thing on message boards in general. It usually takes only two people pushing a counter-narrative to confuse the average person. That, my friends, is one problem with the internet

It's called dialectics and someone should be taught how to think critically and reason to be able to discern good arguments from faulty arguments, rather than rely on some self-opinionated moderator doing the thinking for them.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102
(02-14-2021, 03:06 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 02:37 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Over 50 million people have been vaccinated in the US and the process is accelerating. Canada is in a sorry state, unless the CBC also produces fake news and Mr. Trudeau is in on it.

And tens of millions of people believe that a crypto-currency like Bitcoin (BTC) is truly a currency and a store of value, even though it is intrinsically deflationary, is not being used as a currency (other than some random transfer of BTC from P2P, but the same can be done with any security) and the only thing being touted about it is "HODL!" and "To the moon!" 

Not to mention, these same millions of people also believe in Anthropologic Climate Change caused by massive increase of carbon output, have no problem that the same cryptocurrency they delusionally believe will replace the USD, is the source of massive carbon output.

What's your point?  A lot of people can be fooled.

Quote:As a moderator on another forum, I've noticed an interesting thing on message boards in general. It usually takes only two people pushing a counter-narrative to confuse the average person. That, my friends, is one problem with the internet

It's called dialectics and someone should be taught how to think critically and reason to be able to discern good arguments from faulty arguments, rather than rely on some self-opinionated moderator doing the thinking for them.
Critical thinking is in extremely short supply these days.  I'm pretty sure that it's not even taught, let alone encouraged, in most schools anymore--even private and parochial schools.  And especially in universities!
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • austenbosten