RIP Rush
(02-17-2021, 07:23 PM)RidgeSprinter Wrote: I doubt he is resting in Peace from a Catholic Perspective and Catholic Doctrine.
He is not Catholic. 

Did a search on where he attend Church.  Not found.  Did find he was raised Methodist.  Not much else.

It also looks like he was married and divorced several times.  I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead but he seems to have been more of the "secular Right" than a religious conservative or a traditionalist.  Still, I'll say a prayer in the hopes that some grace managed to reach him in time.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • austenbosten, HailGilbert, Melkite
(02-17-2021, 07:23 PM)RidgeSprinter Wrote: I doubt he is resting in Peace from a Catholic Perspective and Catholic Doctrine.
He is not Catholic. 

Did a search on where he attend Church.  Not found.  Did find he was raised Methodist.  Not much else.

That's a pretty inhuman thing to say.

Like it or not, we owe this non-Catholic sinner a debt of gratitude for converting so many people to common sense. I'm not saying he's in heaven, hell, or purgatory - I don't have an inkling of where he is, and neither do you. But I do know he claimed to be a praying man, and I know he thanked God every morning that he woke up alive in the last year.

Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good. Just hope that God has mercy on him, and say a prayer for him.
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 5 users Like Filiolus's post:
  • austenbosten, HailGilbert, PilgrimMichelangelo, SacraCor714, tucherb
(02-17-2021, 07:51 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
He is not Catholic. 

It also looks like he was married and divorced several times.  I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead but he seems to have been more of the "secular Right" than a religious conservative or a traditionalist.  Still, I'll say a prayer in the hopes that some grace managed to reach him in time.

That's fair. But his brand of "secular right" was against trans-genderism, gay marriage, and abortion. He wasn't the kind of "secular right" that only cares about economics; he was a real ally.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 2 users Like Filiolus's post:
  • SacraCor714, SeekerofChrist
RidgeSprinter Wrote:I doubt he is resting in Peace from a Catholic Perspective and Catholic Doctrine.
He is not Catholic. 

I just want to note that I "liked" a different post than this one.  He did a complete edit after I liked it.

I don't believe we should speculate on others' salvation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Evangelium's post:
  • Filiolus

(sound starts at 2:50)

There seems to be a mechanism to keep personalities in place. Mention the Blessed Virgin Mary, for instance, and see what's triggered. But like Tim Gordon pointed out; Rush Limbaugh was great recognizer of truth. So I guess the question is: would Rush Limbaugh have recognized the truth in you?

I hope you're alright Rush Limbaugh, I really do...
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • ElizabethH
Memory eternal!

I grew up listening to Rush at my grandparents house. He was always an old familiar voice that reminded me of them. Whether I agreed with him all the time or not it doesn't matter, he was like a Paul Harvey or William F. Buckley or Ed Sullivan. A dependably familiar American voice who loved this country and did his best to serve and shape her political soul on the Conservative side. He will be missed.
"Orthodoxy is not so much a matter of the head. It is something living, and it's of the heart." --Bl. Seraphim of Platina

"Beauty will save the world." --Fyodor Dostoevsky

"You shall know the truth, and it will make you odd." --Flannery O'Connor
Rush was certainly no paragon of virtue, but he at least isn't responsible for a grave number of sins and miseries on people.

Rush said and did a lot of things to make Catholics not like him, but he had lung cancer and plenty of time to contemplate and seek mercy.

Also he was a heck of a lot funnier than WFB.

I feel more confident praying for El Rushbo accepting God's Mercy than say Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes benedicite's post:
  • HailGilbert
From today's Crisis article on Rush:

Quote:https://www.crisismagazine.com/2021/rush...er-of-life

I don’t remember his exact words anymore, but I do remember thinking at the time that it was the most eloquent defense of life I had ever heard. At this time I had been deeply involved in pro-life work for more than a decade, so I had heard many great pro-life speeches, but none were as good as Rush’s off-the-cuff radio remarks. 

I also remember realizing that at the same time Rush was fighting for Terri Shiavo, the poor woman’s own bishop refused to defend her. It was quite the dichotomy: at the time Rush was a thrice-married divorcé who wasn’t outwardly religious in any formal sense, yet he seemed better able to grasp and express the dignity of all human life than a Catholic bishop.

The rest of the article is worth reading, too. The whole thing is very short. But the way that Sammons felt about Rush was pretty much the way I did, too.

Permitte divis cetera...
I heard Rush used to perform "abortions" on callers he didn't like back in the 80s...crude but an effective way to force the Left to contemplate the horrors of abortion.