Why the Strong Anti-Western Bias Among Orthodox?
"False religion" does not mean "religion altogether void of true teachings and valid sacraments". Rather it denotes a religion set up by men in opposition to the true religion established by God. A false church can have valid Orders and valid Eucharist, although it exercises these powers unlawfully. It is like a man selling you a stolen car: the car may be running fine, and it is a true car, but it is not lawful for him to sell it to you, and neither is it lawful for you to buy it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Marmot's post:
  • HailGilbert, HedgeKnight, jovan66102
(03-30-2021, 04:27 PM)Marmot Wrote: "False religion" does not mean "religion altogether void of true teachings and valid sacraments". Rather it denotes a religion set up by men in opposition to the true religion established by God. A false church can have valid Orders and valid Eucharist, although it exercises these powers unlawfully. It is like a man selling you a stolen car: the car may be running fine, and it is a true car, but it is not lawful for him to sell it to you, and neither is it lawful for you to buy it.

That's true, but "false religion" is not a particularly useful term either. It would be just as accurate to say "not Catholic religion."
"O Charles the Great, we beseech you to make that day arrive soon when society, re-established at its foundations, will cease asking liberty and order from the revolutions."
Prayer to Charlemagne the Great (de confirmatione cultus), by Dom Prosper Guéranger
(03-31-2021, 03:54 PM)IudicaMe Wrote: That's true, but "false religion" is not a particularly useful term either. It would be just as accurate to say "not Catholic religion."

The schismatics worship a God who does not demand assent to Rome's authority. Is that even the same God?

And if it is, tell me, exactly how much of God is someone allowed to change before their religion becomes false?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • jovan66102
(03-31-2021, 04:16 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: And if it is, tell me, exactly how much of God is someone allowed to change before their religion becomes false?

Well, according to VII, quite a bit, obviously, since the followers of the paedophile worship the God we do.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(03-31-2021, 04:16 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 03:54 PM)IudicaMe Wrote: That's true, but "false religion" is not a particularly useful term either. It would be just as accurate to say "not Catholic religion."

The schismatics worship a God who does not demand assent to Rome's authority.  Is that even the same God?

And if it is, tell me, exactly how much of God is someone allowed to change before their religion becomes false?

You're getting close to ridiculous.  "You're Jesus wears blue and red instead of red and white.  Do you even Christian, bro?!?"
[-] The following 3 users Like Melkite's post:
  • Evangelium, Justin Tertius, PilgrimMichelangelo
(03-31-2021, 04:37 PM)Melkite Wrote: You're getting close to ridiculous.  "You're Jesus wears blue and red instead of red and white.  Do you even Christian, bro?!?"

You think the papacy is on the same level as a fashion choice?
(03-31-2021, 04:54 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 04:37 PM)Melkite Wrote: You're getting close to ridiculous.  "You're Jesus wears blue and red instead of red and white.  Do you even Christian, bro?!?"

You think the papacy is on the same level as a fashion choice?

No, but I do think it's possible to say someone is wrong about God on this or that finer point of doctrine without saying they worship an altogether different God.
[-] The following 2 users Like Melkite's post:
  • Evangelium, PilgrimMichelangelo
(03-31-2021, 04:56 PM)Melkite Wrote: No, but I do think it's possible to say someone is wrong about God on this or that finer point of doctrine without saying they worship an altogether different God.

Pope St. Pius X listed schismatics as one of the categories of unbelievers.
(03-31-2021, 05:11 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 04:56 PM)Melkite Wrote: No, but I do think it's possible to say someone is wrong about God on this or that finer point of doctrine without saying they worship an altogether different God.

Blessed Pius IX: 
In fact, there is only one true and holy religion, founded and instituted by Christ Our Lord. Mother and Nurse of the virtues, Destroyer of vice, Liberator of souls, Guide to true happiness, she is called Catholic, Apostolic, and Roman.

St Pius X: 
Is it permitted for Catholics to be present at, or to take part in, conventions, gatherings, meetings, or societies of non-Catholics which aim to associate together under a single agreement everyone who, in any way, lays claim to the name of Christian? In the negative! ... It is clear, therefore, why this Apostolic See has never allowed its subjects to take part in the assemblies of non-Catholics. There is one way in which the unity of Christians may be fostered, and that is by furthering the return to the one true Church of Christ for those who are separated from Her.

St Pius X: 
The Church alone, being the Bride of Christ and having all things in common with her Divine Spouse, is the depository of the truth.

I could go on. but you get the picture. 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(03-31-2021, 05:11 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:

It's ok, he wasn't infallible about everything :)
[-] The following 2 users Like Melkite's post:
  • AlNg777, PilgrimMichelangelo