Interesting article : What Is Behind Francis’ Rehabilitation of Judas?
(04-11-2021, 06:11 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: I am only looking for answers, if God gave a reason like say person A did not try hard enough to seek salvation while person B did and i God saved person B then i would have to accept that, the thing is God has never given a reason and so we are left wondering if we died suddenly in the next 5 mins whether we tried hard enough to make it to Heaven or if we will arrive there and hear God tell us that we did not make enough effort. You just don't know and neither do i?

You've been given many answers. Now you're just quarrelling.

If I die in the next five minutes, I'm pretty sure I'll go to Heaven*. My last confession was a week ago, and, to the best of my knowledge, I have not committed any mortal sins since then. That is moral certainty. We can't have absolute certainty without a private revelation, and those are rare.

*There'll probably be a stopover in Purgatory.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • jovan66102
(04-11-2021, 06:15 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 06:11 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: I am only looking for answers, if God gave a reason like say person A did not try hard enough to seek salvation while person B did and i God saved person B then i would have to accept that, the thing is God has never given a reason and so we are left wondering if we died suddenly in the next 5 mins whether we tried hard enough to make it to Heaven or if we will arrive there and hear God tell us that we did not make enough effort. You just don't know and neither do i?

You've been given many answers.  Now you're just quarrelling.

If I die in the next five minutes, I'm pretty sure I'll go to Heaven*.  My last confession was a week ago, and, to the best of my knowledge, I have not committed any mortal sins since then.  That is moral certainty.  We can't have absolute certainty without a private revelation, and those are rare.

*There'll probably be a stopover in Purgatory.
Better to have actual certainty i think when it comes to salvation, but we get what we get, i have had many answers but none of them have laid out why God refuses to save all, i just want to know badly as it makes more sense to me for God to save all rather than just a few. Is God unable to save all because some people will actually never repent even if they were given an eternity to repent?
(04-11-2021, 06:18 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: Is God unable to save all because some people will actually never repent even if they were given an eternity to repent?

Is God unable to make an apple that looks, smells, and tastes exactly like a banana?
(04-11-2021, 06:27 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 06:18 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: Is God unable to save all because some people will actually never repent even if they were given an eternity to repent?

Is God unable to make an apple that looks, smells, and tastes exactly like a banana?
Is it impossible for God to save all? is it impossible for some people to ever find God? Do some people love sin so much that they would happily crawl their way into Hell and beg God to let them in?
(04-11-2021, 06:28 PM)Oliver109 Wrote:

Is it impossible for God to save all? is it impossible for some people to ever find God? Do some people love sin so much that they would happily crawl their way into Hell and beg God to let them in?

What is the nature of free will?

Why were even some of the angels damned, with their vastly superior faculties and direct knowledge of God?
(04-11-2021, 06:32 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 06:28 PM)Oliver109 Wrote:

What is the nature of free will?

Why were even some of the angels damned, with their vastly superior faculties and direct knowledge of God?
I did not see the CCTV and audio footage of the angels rebellion so i have no idea how they ended up rebelling, what is different with Humans is that we dip in and out of sin, we can commit the most awful sins possible and still jump back into life so to speak, that is why i find it hard to see why it is impossible for God to save all.
(04-11-2021, 06:28 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: Do some people love sin so much that they would happily crawl their way into Hell and beg God to let them in?

It happens every day.
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
(04-11-2021, 06:39 PM)Filiolus Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 06:28 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: Do some people love sin so much that they would happily crawl their way into Hell and beg God to let them in?

It happens every day.
And they wake up the next day and say "i'm going to repent"
Oliver109 Wrote:that is why i find it hard to see why it is impossible for God to save all.

It is because many people do not want to be saved.  God will not force us.
(04-11-2021, 06:44 PM)Evangelium Wrote:
Oliver109 Wrote:that is why i find it hard to see why it is impossible for God to save all.

It is because many people do not want to be saved.  God will not force us.
I think anyone who goes to confession wants to be saved, i don't see how God could make someone die in a state of mortal sin before they get it confessed(assuming that person did go to confession regularly)