Interesting article : What Is Behind Francis’ Rehabilitation of Judas?
(04-11-2021, 06:51 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: I think anyone who goes to confession wants to be saved, i don't see how God could make someone die in a state of mortal sin before they get it confessed(assuming that person did go to confession regularly)

People who go to confession regularly don't find themselves doing a lot of mortal sins, at least not after they conquer the habitual ones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • jovan66102
(04-11-2021, 06:58 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 06:51 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: I think anyone who goes to confession wants to be saved, i don't see how God could make someone die in a state of mortal sin before they get it confessed(assuming that person did go to confession regularly)

People who go to confession regularly don't find themselves doing a lot of mortal sins, at least not after they conquer the habitual ones.
That is your opinion and mainly true i think but i don't think it is impossible for there to be such people that i have described.
(04-11-2021, 07:01 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: That is your opinion and mainly true i think but i don't think it is impossible for there to be such people that i have described.

Everybody falls. But mortal sin is never accidental. Why should I think I can get away with one and survive long enough to get to the confessional?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Lavenderson
(04-11-2021, 07:31 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 07:01 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: That is your opinion and mainly true i think but i don't think it is impossible for there to be such people that i have described.

Everybody falls.  But mortal sin is never accidental.  Why should I think I can get away with one and survive long enough to get to the confessional?
It is never an accident you are right but we need to look at God as merciful and always forgiving, he said forgive 70x7 times for a reason, when we have been blessed with salvation it is only natural for us to want the same for everybody else, it is about fairness over justice.
(04-11-2021, 07:36 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: it is about fairness over justice.

Can you show me a Scripture verse or a Magisterial document that says God is fair? I know Scripture talks about His justice and His mercy, as do Church documents, but I don't recall any that talk about His 'fairness over justice'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Oliver, ironically, you are jeopardizing your own salvation by embracing a kind of universalism, which is heretical.  I can imagine you before Our Lord's judgment seat, screaming at Him, "BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!"
[-] The following 2 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Lavenderson
(04-11-2021, 07:49 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 07:36 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: it is about fairness over justice.

Can you show me a Scripture verse or a Magisterial document that says God is fair? I know Scripture talks about His justice and His mercy, as do Church documents, but I don't recall any that talk about His 'fairness over justice'.
I know that according to the faith everyone is deserving of Hell on account of sin they have committed at one time or many more times. I was thinking more about how God is portrayed as a loving father who loves everyone equally and so despite everyone being deserving of Hell God will offer everyone enough grace to be saved(though according to Augustine God does not save everyone because that is the way he works, Augustine gives no reasons except for the divine pleasure and some prospect of a greater good as a result of the damnation of some.
I have always seen justice to be the same as fairness anyway, being just means giving one what is due based on their merits and demerits so If God is just would he not save everyone if it was possible?
(04-11-2021, 08:05 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: I have always seen justice to be the same as fairness anyway, being just means giving one what is due based on their merits and demerits so If God is just would he not save everyone if it was possible?
Justice is giving someone their due. If one dies in mortal sin, what is due him is hell. There is nothing 'unfair' about that. God has made it abundantly clear that He has given us the means to be have heaven as our due if we so choose.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-11-2021, 08:05 PM)Oliver109 Wrote: I have always seen justice to be the same as fairness anyway, being just means giving one what is due based on their merits and demerits so If God is just would he not save everyone if it was possible?

Justice would send us all to Hell. God’s mercy allows some of us to be saved.

You also seem to assume that God directly causes everything, and actively chooses the time we will die. He might permit it, but He doesn’t actively make the bus speed up to run over the mortal sinner on his way to confession.

Is it unjust for a murderer who got away with it for years and has lived a good life since to not go to prison when he’s finally caught? Is that fair?

Likewise, by choosing to commit mortal sin, one accepts the possible consequence that his time may come without confession first. 

Why should God force someone to spend eternity with Him when, by his actions and will, has chosen to reject God?