"Whether there is a moral obligation to be vaccinated"
I had my first Covid "jab" at the beginning of February (Pfizer). No serious side effects but I did become tired and lethargic. No news yet about the second "jab". (I had a phone call from the GP practice that I had an appointment in February at a certain time and place). I didn't particularly think about whether it was moral or not. It seemed the practical thing to do. Is there any substance to the claim that aborted foetuses were used in the manufacturing process? There are so many rumours (British spelling) flying about the internet that it's extremely difficult to know what is based in fact and what isn't. The daughter of one of my cousins tested positive for the virus (I heard this secondhand through another relative as they live in another part of the country). She's in her 30s and is okay now (just as well as she has a child under 10).
(04-11-2021, 07:53 PM)Evangelium Wrote: Read the whole paragraph.  There are ethical reasons to take the vaccine.
I read the whole paragraph.  And this, to my ignorant and unlearned mind, doesn't refute the article in the OP.  And neither have you--we're still waiting.  I do not see here a moral obligation to be vaccinated.

One can protect one's own health without being vaccinated.  It's really quite easy and simple.

It's easy and simple, too, to protect the most vulnerable.

And it's pretty easy to not be a vehicle for transmission of this for the most part rather innocuous virus--you protect your own health.  Which can be done without being vaccinated.  And if you want to be super careful, stay out of nursing homes, etc.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Anon777, antiquarian
So are you in favor of wearing masks?
(04-11-2021, 08:53 PM)Evangelium Wrote: So are you in favor of wearing masks?

No
[-] The following 2 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • antiquarian, J Michael
(04-11-2021, 07:53 PM)Evangelium Wrote: Read the whole paragraph.  There are ethical reasons to take the vaccine.

It's moral to take the vaccine (but not the J&J one). That doesn't mean it's a requirement, and it's not immoral to not get it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • Anon777, J Michael
No.  They don't work.

https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showth...?tid=88996

https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showth...?tid=89086

https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showth...?tid=88748

Enjoy!
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • antiquarian
(04-11-2021, 02:14 PM)Evangelium Wrote: Anti-vax ideology disguised as wannabe Thomism.

Honestly I did not this in any way as Anti-vax. It was against the idea of a mandated vaccine, against alot of the prevailing arguments used to give the impression that one must get the vaccine.

This article also was against alot of the prevailing arguments that state this vaccine is a moral evil 100% of the time.

The primary focus throughout most of the article's rebuttals is that of prudence. The vaccine is not 100% morally wrong as the cdf has confirmed, there are cases where its ok to take. However, neither is it ok for people to be coerced/forced to take it, or guilt tripped into taking it. This includes the calls that it is a moral obligation to take it. One can take it and not incur a sin (some stipulations there on it as far as intent goes) as well as one can refuse the vaccine and not incur a sin (again, some stipulations there about why its refused).
[-] The following 3 users Like Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • Anon777, antiquarian, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(04-11-2021, 09:48 PM)J Michael Wrote:
No.  They don't work.

The masks are a joke.  But they are great at defeating facial recognition systems.
[-] The following 3 users Like Matas's post:
  • antiquarian, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
Nonsense. Someone I know was recognized while wearing his mask.
(04-13-2021, 01:53 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Nonsense. Someone I know was recognized while wearing his mask.

Yup. Some of the new facial recognition software now focuses on the eyes and area around the eyes, resulting in recognition of people even with masks, ski masks, etc on. Not foolproof, but its starting to get much more accurate now. This covid virus really pushed the tech forward a bit throughout the world. Older systems still have up to a 50% failure rate (some systems even worse) of faces with masks on, the newer are looking at 10% or less errored.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/facial-rec...ace-masks/

One example of the newest type being developed