Women deserve to know this stuff.
I'm smack in the middle of this series and I'm learning so much. Why aren't we better prepared for menopause? 

I'm post menopause for a little over a year now, and all I really knew about menopause this whole time is that you get hot flashes and night sweats. But I'm learning so much more. So I want to share in case it helps you, too!

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 4 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Little Fish, Margaret-Mary, SacraCor714
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 3 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Anon777, JacafamalaRedux, Little Fish
(07-19-2021, 09:42 AM)Jeeter Wrote:

ROFL! Jeeter you are so naughty!!!!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

(07-19-2021, 10:35 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 09:42 AM)Jeeter Wrote:

ROFL! Jeeter you are so naughty!!!!

My good half is dealing with it now.  Or perhaps I'm dealing with her dealing with it.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, jovan66102
(07-19-2021, 07:49 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: I'm smack in the middle of this series and I'm learning so much. Why aren't we better prepared for menopause? 

I'm post menopause for a little over a year now, and all I really knew about menopause this whole time is that you get hot flashes and night sweats. But I'm learning so much more. So I want to share in case it helps you, too!

Re. hot flashes (or trying to get pregnant, regulating periods, dealing with premenstrual nastiness, or coping with a bazillion other "female troubles"): trust me: Lydia Pinkham pills -- been around since 1875 -- are the thing to get. Read the reviews:

[Image: 618kM4IiiwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(07-19-2021, 07:49 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: I'm smack in the middle of this series and I'm learning so much. Why aren't we better prepared for menopause? 

Lady, thou art but a babe in the woods! Post-meno a year? I got off that train wreck 12 years ago! It’s been the best thing ever to be past all of that. (My cycles were madness-and-migraine-riddled torture) — but it’s only been in the last 2 years that all hot flashes finally ceased. Yes, they go on for an additional decade (though thankfully become steadily less intense). Maybe your video lady talked about that; I haven’t watched it yet. The one residual hardship I suffer is always being hot & feeling sick in hot weather. Actually that has improved slightly during the past two Summers, but it’s still pretty miserable. My clients’ homes are always like airtight saunas — it’s truly something to offer up! I hope it’s burning off some of my Purgatory time!
I have no symptoms except hot flashes. I do not take estrogen, progesterone (nothing wrong with that) but I guess all my life I was Uber feminine it counters that. I also had very heavy flow during that time of the month.

PS not to be judgemental but that lady looks like a nut.
(07-20-2021, 04:04 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I have no symptoms except hot flashes. I do not take estrogen, progesterone (nothing wrong with that) but I guess all my life I was Uber feminine it counters that. I also had very heavy flow during that time of the month.

I understand, this is such a huge change. So I just want to navigate it as best I can.

Quote:PS not to be judgemental but that lady looks like a nut.

She's a bit eccentric, but I like her brand of eccentricity....She likes to laugh and have fun. She's an OBGYN and a lawyer. Barbie and her husband travel around the world, moving to a different country every year. 

She's also good teacher and has put together a very comprehensive series.

(07-20-2021, 03:48 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote:

Re. hot flashes (or trying to get pregnant, regulating periods, dealing with premenstrual nastiness, or coping with a bazillion other "female troubles"): trust me: Lydia Pinkham pills -- been around since 1875 -- are the thing to get. Read the reviews:

Looks like it's worth looking into, and I will. Thanks, Vox!

(07-20-2021, 01:21 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote:

Lady, thou art but a babe in the woods! Post-meno a year? I got off that train wreck 12 years ago! It’s been the best thing ever to be past all of that. (My cycles were madness-and-migraine-riddled torture) 

Technically it's been two years since my last period, but my understanding is you're only post menopause after you've missed your period for 12 months...?

Yes, I remember you mentioning the migraines. Ugh, the worst! 

Quote:— but it’s only been in the last 2 years that all hot flashes finally ceased. Yes, they go on for an additional decade (though thankfully become steadily less intense). Maybe your video lady talked about that; I haven’t watched it yet.

She hasn't mentioned the hot flashes ceasing yet. I still get them and night sweats. I guess everyone is different.

Quote:I haven’t watched it yet. The one residual hardship I suffer is always being hot & feeling sick in hot weather. Actually that has improved slightly during the past two Summers, but it’s still pretty miserable. My clients’ homes are always like airtight saunas — it’s truly something to offer up! I hope it’s burning off some of my Purgatory time!

Yes, I get that, too! I think old people are often cold...could be the blood thinners.