Is the COVID vaccine the mark of the beast?
I understand, who receives the mark of the beast will know that he is betraying Christ.  The idea that devout Catholics could condemn themselves to hell for doing something they didn't know was a sin, terrifies me.
No. The mark of the beast is given in the forehead or right hand.

That said, denying Catholics the Sacraments because they won't take the vaccine is evil. It just isn't the same as the mark.
La fleur fade est de courtoisie,
La fleur de France s'est remise,
Le Roy Saint Louis, à l'ombre du chêne,
Brille pour cette terre promise.
(09-10-2021, 08:17 PM)Drolo Wrote: The idea that devout Catholics could condemn themselves to hell for doing something they didn't know was a sin, terrifies me.

They can't. Sin requires that one know the act is sinful. If that knowledge is missing, there is no sin.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Clare Brigid, Drolo, Louis IX, Melkite
The shots couldn't have been created without using stem cells obtained from an aborted fetus. Now, I don't believe this thing is the mark of the beast, for reasons already stated, but as J Michael said, there does seem to be evil around it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oldrover's post:
  • J Michael
(09-11-2021, 06:13 PM)oldrover Wrote: The shots couldn't have been created without using stem cells obtained from an aborted fetus.

Except several of them were ...

Moderna and Pzifer/BioNTech are both "fetal cell free". In both cases, after they were created, one of their subsidiaries each employed tested the vaccine on fetal cells. That was not a sine qua non step, as the vaccine was already created. That does not make it good, but to say it could not have been created without fetal cells is patently false.

Add to this that there are other groups that developed vaccines (though they never hit the market) that had zero ties to abortion, even in such a remote way.

Jansen (Johnson & Johnson) and AstraZenica are directly produced using fetal cells, so the point is taken on those, but we cannot make sweeping generalizations here, as if all were equally tainted or evil.
[-] The following 5 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • gospel654, jack89, jovan66102, Louis IX, Melkite
(09-11-2021, 08:52 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Except several of them were ...

Moderna and Pzifer/BioNTech are both "fetal cell free". In both cases, after they were created, one of their subsidiaries each employed tested the vaccine on fetal cells. That was not a sine qua non step, as the vaccine was already created. That does not make it good, but to say it could not have been created without fetal cells is patently false.

Add to this that there are other groups that developed vaccines (though they never hit the market) that had zero ties to abortion, even in such a remote way.

Jansen (Johnson & Johnson) and AstraZenica are directly produced using fetal cells, so the point is taken on those, but we cannot make sweeping generalizations here, as if all were equally tainted or evil.

Good points.  I wonder if at this point I'm refusing to get vaccinated out of pride.  I am 100% against mandates of any type, and I think that's one of the big reasons I've avoided it.  Another is distrust in governments and agencies pressured by said governments.  But the Pfizer vaccine has been out there for a little while now, so I can determine what risks I'll be taking if I decide to get vaccinated.  I've read the nightmare accounts from obscure websites, but I'm skeptic of most.  

Just thinking out loud, but I may get the jab.
[-] The following 3 users Like jack89's post:
  • Anon777, gospel654, pspark
(09-11-2021, 09:36 PM)jack89 Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 08:52 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Except several of them were ...

Good points.  I wonder if at this point I'm refusing to get vaccinated out of pride.  I am 100% against mandates of any type, and I think that's one of the big reasons I've avoided it.  Another is distrust in governments and agencies pressured by said governments.  But the Pfizer vaccine has been out there for a little while now, so I can determine what risks I'll be taking if I decide to get vaccinated.  I've read the nightmare accounts from obscure websites, but I'm skeptic of most.  

Just thinking out loud, but I may get the jab.

I work at a Catholic medical center. They will only offer Pfizer or Moderna. If someone wants a different brand they have to go somewhere else.

As far as pride, I wondered that about myself also. If my only concern is whether or not I get the virus or not, or am only concerned if I live or die from it, I think I am being prideful or selfish.

I hate mandates also, especially when they come from a tyrannical president. Getting vaccinated should be one's choice.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ruth Catherine's post:
  • jack89, NoliTardare, pspark
(09-11-2021, 08:52 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 06:13 PM)oldrover Wrote: The shots couldn't have been created without using stem cells obtained from an aborted fetus.

Except several of them were ...

That's good to know. Thanks. And thanks for your gentle non-accusing tone as well! LOL (jk)
Wait... so all the lines were at least tested using fetal cells? And if you don't pass the test, you don't get the emergency approval, right? Hmmmm...
I personally am not getting the jab. I am not one who gets sick in general and have strong Polish genetics to back me up. I have not been sick in...3 or 4 years( Last time was a REALLY bad sinus infection that was dripping Yuck!🤢🤮  '

I am not going to get the vaccine also because I do NOT trust big Pharm
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly