Should I Vote?
Voting is just part of census it seems.
Prudence
On an unrelated subject was is the story behind your profile pic Neanderthal Slayer? It seems to me to be black humor but from what IDK.
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
(09-13-2021, 09:16 AM)Anon777 Wrote: On an unrelated subject was is the story behind your profile pic Neanderthal Slayer? It seems to me to be black humor but from what IDK.
That's how the farmer killed Major at the beginning of Animal Farm. He shot right there! Some animals are more equal than others.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Anon777
I’m a Canadian, and I voted in-person Friday night.
I voted Conservative.
Am I fond of Erin O’Toole’s policies? Absolutely not.
But, that’s not the issue.
We need to get rid of Trudeau. However, it seems increasingly likely it’s going to be another Liberal minority government.
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • jovan66102, The Fairy
(09-13-2021, 09:16 AM)Anon777 Wrote: On an unrelated subject was is the story behind your profile pic Neanderthal Slayer? It seems to me to be black humor but from what IDK.

Lol I found it in Carla Emery's Encyclopedia of Country Living. It's the actual method for slaughtering a pig. I also made it the logo for my band, Plague Deniers, because I like the symbolism.
Still getting inadequate responses on this thread. Do you not all recognize that your convictions against these enemies of Christ are completely extinguished by the nullity of the "democratic process"? If you want Trudeau out in exchange for another marginally-less corrupt anti-Catholic liar, why not leave the country, or start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?
(09-13-2021, 08:11 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: Still getting inadequate responses on this thread. Do you not all recognize that your convictions against these enemies of Christ are completely extinguished by the nullity of the "democratic process"? If you want Trudeau out in exchange for another marginally-less corrupt anti-Catholic liar, why not leave the country, or start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?
What do you mean by "inadequate responses"?  What would be an "adequate" response, in your opinion?

It's so easy to say "why not leave the country" without fully appreciating any given individual's resources and situation.  

Are there "moral grounds for political assassination"??  Isn't there a commandment kinda thingy in that Bible book that tells us "Thou shalt not murder" (or "kill", depending on the translation)?  Assassination, by definition, is murder.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
(09-13-2021, 08:11 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: Still getting inadequate responses on this thread. Do you not all recognize that your convictions against these enemies of Christ are completely extinguished by the nullity of the "democratic process"? If you want Trudeau out in exchange for another marginally-less corrupt anti-Catholic liar, why not leave the country, or start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?
I’m not sure I’m understanding you correctly, especially the last part. 

First, where do you propose we all go, exactly?
Second, what do you mean by “political assassination”? I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you don’t mean physically harming someone. Catholic Saints aren’t people that do such things. If your goal is to be a saint, then learn two virtues Christ told us to learn from Him: meekness and humility.
[-] The following 3 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Anon777, J Michael, jovan66102
(09-13-2021, 08:11 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: start researching the moral grounds for political assassination?

A moral case may be made for tyrannicide, but by no stretch of the imagination does Canada qualify as a tyranny. Who's the tyrant? Trudeau? He's the elected leader of the country, put there by the voters. The Governor General? Appointed by the elected leader of the country.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
I guess I thought you all would understand the spirit of what I was saying rather than the letter. Of course I'm not advocating for immigration or assassination; my point is that, despite everyone advocating for getting Trudeau out of office, I truly believe an individual vote has virtually zero efficacy. Please tell me why I should believe otherwise, and why you fellow Canadians felt that voting fulfilled any other purpose than perpetuating the democratic framework of politics.