Beer Brewing Anybody else?
I bought some Blue Moon and decided I don't like wheat beer. I would love to try some Guinness stout too as long as it's hops & barley.

As always, I try and get Becks, Heineken,  or Stella Artois. My husband thinks I'd like St. Paulie Girl idk.its made in German tradition in usa

I will have a glass of Peroni if dining Italian, and Gallo from Guatemala  or Corona if dining Spanish.

The worst beer IMHO, and only good to get when you have alot of company is Coors light. Tastes to me like seltzer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(09-23-2021, 06:53 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I bought some Blue Moon and decided I don't like wheat beer. I would love to try some Guinness stout too as long as it's hops & barley.

As always, I try and get Becks, Heineken,  or Stella Artois. My husband thinks I'd like St. Paulie Girl idk.its made in German tradition in usa

I will have a glass of Peroni if dining Italian, and Gallo from Guatemala  or Corona if dining Spanish.

The worst beer IMHO, and only good to get when you have alot of company is Coors light. Tastes to me like seltzer.
Yeah, I've noticed that with wheat either you like it or it's revolting I don't think there is an in between.

These days I like most beer styles. The only beers I really find revolting are Natural Light and Milwaukee's Best Light. I had a really horrible brown ale one time in Oklahoma City but that's about it. The Coors and Buds I don't mind but they are more of something I would drink at a friend's if that's what they were offering.

At some point I'm going to try and brew cask ale and serve it directly from the cask as that's supposed to be a really good one experience.

I didn't used to like IPAs at all really but I have come around in the last couple of years. As long as they aren't super bitter and have a lot of good hop flavor I'm on board.

I should also get a Guinness style stout brewed here before too long also.

The beer world is a great one!

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
Ok, ana, anecdote.

We were running California truck scales on the back roads of Nevada one summer and it gets pretty dry with no AC so me and the boss parked our rigs and went in for a cold one. Coors Light. Best beer I ever tasted (I was really, really thirsty and it quenched my thirst like nothing else and has been my favorite ever since). But that's circumstances, like getting sick on Cervero Gold which I can't stand the taste of now. Funny thing you should mention The Silver Bullet though cause the first time I ever played a slot machine was in that cafe. Second dime 20 bucks. I still remember the looks.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • SeeTheLight
St Pauli Girl was one of those beers like Foster's that 30 years ago was quite good, but isn't anymore. Never liked Beck's, and I do love German beer, particularly the Weissbiers. Weihenstephaner, Franziskaner, Hacker-Pschorr. HP also makes a dark around this time of year that's excellent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(09-23-2021, 09:33 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: Ok, ana, anecdote.

We were running California truck scales on the back roads of Nevada one summer and it gets pretty dry with no AC so me and the boss parked our rigs and went in for a cold one. Coors Light. Best beer I ever tasted (I was really, really thirsty and it quenched my thirst like nothing else and has been my favorite ever since). But that's circumstances, like getting sick on Cervero Gold which I can't stand the taste of now. Funny thing you should mention The Silver Bullet though cause the first time I ever played a slot machine was in that cafe. Second dime 20 bucks. I still remember the looks.
I would have to agree one of the best beers I ever had was on a hot day after helping a friend move. He broke out some Budweiser long necks and yes they tasted incredible. Being hot and parched can take a cold beer to the next level.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Blind Horus
God bless you all enjoying a nice glass of Guinness currently. Ave Maria

[Image: bce822acf41756140b7fe8316f38df21.jpg]

Also have a 1943 version of Boddington's fermenting as we speak. This one should have a little more hop character and flavor.

[Image: b45656a5ceb10a5f119b5e09d2ce5cd8.jpg]