Wonderful Mother Angelica video
The only quality clip to be found on youtube, but what a great one.

I've started Raymond Arroyo's biography on her from 2005. What a fantastic read. Her difficult childhood, her dedication to Christ and His Church, her ways, her fortitude, her deep wisdom, her sense of humor...How I love Mother Angelica.

Is she destined for sainthood? Am I being premature when I have inclinations and thoughts of having a devotion to her? Before her death?
This is also a wonderful tear jerker video of Mother.

(07-02-2009, 10:34 AM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: The only quality clip to be found on youtube, but what a great one.

I've started Raymond Arroyo's biography on her from 2005. What a fantastic read. Her difficult childhood, her dedication to Christ and His Church, her ways, her fortitude, her deep wisdom, her sense of humor...How I love Mother Angelica.

Is she destined for sainthood? Am I being premature when I have inclinations and thoughts of having a devotion to her? Before her death?

I think it's OK (the devotion).  I know little about her, except that she angered many liberal bishops (a plus in my book!).  But she sounds like a holy person. 
She royally ticked off Mahony circa 1997 regarding the Eucharist, so for that alone, she should be lauded by all Catholics, though there are many other things she's said and done for which she should be given kudos for, too.

One Cardinal is said to have said that she says the things that need to be said publicly that some of us say privately, or something to that effect.
This new stuff eats my comments, so here I go once more;
Mother Angelica was instrumental in my return to the Catholic Church. I saw her take Cardinal Mahoney apart on her program for being very close to denying the Real Presence of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. This started the war which eventually wrested control from her of the Network. Her old videos are now censored by Mr. Donovan and you will no linger see the best parts there.
She told the world that The Third Secret of Fatima was never revealed to us completely on her program from coast to coast and around the world. I'm certain that if she were still in control the Extraordinary Form of Mass would be broadcast every day of the year, and we would be farther along in seeing a return to Tradition. To my mind she reminded me of two sisters that taught me Sister Rose Miriam ( aka tiger tooth ) and Sister Petronilla ( the excommunicator )and my aunt Clara Bernardi a sort of mixture of savy and saintliness thrown together in equal proportins. Now that I've written this I hope that her cause will eventually be put forward. Pope John Paul II once said when she asked if he knew her " yes you're the feisty Nun on TV". It seems she was well known.
tim
Raymond Arroyo's biography of her is fantastic.  Everyone should read it.. Her life is amazing and I think she will be a saint one day.  Was she right about everything she said and did?  No, but her intentions were to always follow God's will.  God bless you Mother and thank you.
(07-02-2009, 02:05 PM)Treeman Wrote: Raymond Arroyo's biography of her is fantastic.   Everyone should read it.. Her life is amazing and I think she will be a saint one day.  Was she right about everything she said and did?  No, but her intentions were to always follow God's will.   God bless you Mother and thank you.

Amen! I especially liked Mother Angelica's show with the children dressed up as saints for All Saints Day. If you ever see the rerun, check out the kid dressed as St. Michael (you can't miss him). He's spirited, precocious and adorable, and I got the biggest kick watching Mother Angelica get the biggest kick out of him!

- Lisa
(07-02-2009, 03:30 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 02:05 PM)Treeman Wrote: Raymond Arroyo's biography of her is fantastic.   Everyone should read it.. Her life is amazing and I think she will be a saint one day.  Was she right about everything she said and did?  No, but her intentions were to always follow God's will.   God bless you Mother and thank you.

Amen! I especially liked Mother Angelica's show with the children dressed up as saints for All Saints Day. If you ever see the rerun, check out the kid dressed as St. Michael (you can't miss him). He's spirited, precocious and adorable, and I got the biggest kick watching Mother Angelica get the biggest kick out of him!

- Lisa

Reason #67 to like Mother Angelica is her devotion to St. Michael.
(07-02-2009, 12:36 PM)timoose Wrote: This new stuff eats my comments, so here I go once more;
Mother Angelica was instrumental in my return to the Catholic Church. I saw her take Cardinal Mahoney apart on her program for being very close to denying the Real Presence of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. This started the war which eventually wrested control from her of the Network. Her old videos are now censored by Mr. Donovan and you will no linger see the best parts there.
She told the world that The Third Secret of Fatima was never revealed to us completely on her program from coast to coast and around the world. I'm certain that if she were still in control the Extraordinary Form of Mass would be broadcast every day of the year, and we would be farther along in seeing a return to Tradition. To my mind she reminded me of two sisters that taught me Sister Rose Miriam ( aka tiger tooth ) and Sister Petronilla ( the excommunicator )and my aunt Clara Bernardi a sort of mixture of savy and saintliness thrown together in equal proportins. Now that I've written this I hope that her cause will eventually be put forward. Pope John Paul II once said when she asked if he knew her " yes you're the feisty Nun on TV". It seems she was well known.
tim
Interesting, I've had a similar "Mother" experience and yes she reminds me of some of the nuns who taught me when I was younger in grade school. She also reminds me of my Italian Gram-ma with that same mixture of savy-ness and saint-like manner. There's always been something special about this woman, her wisdom, and the effective way she can deliver a message. I always try to catch her when she's on, which of course are all re-runs since she had her stroke. I've also heard Raymond Arroyo talk about her life and the incredible story of how she single-handidly created a network against serious obstacles. she is a very special person in the grace of an all-powerful God who has brought hope to many peoples lives. I know she made a difference in mine. Although I will probably never meet her, I can honestly say, I love Mother Angelica. She's a saint in my book.
Her shows are always really great. Didn't she wear a patch at one point?