Anyone Else watch Table for 12?
Has anyone else has seen the show Table for 12.?.. its a bit like the train-wreck John and Kate plus 8, but with a big Catholic NJ family...  I think they had a set of twins or 2 sets of twins then 4 or 5 at once, one daughter with CP I think??

They seem nice and normal, and I sure hope they don't follow the same route as J&K... but what I really found great and unusual on TV was that you see cruicifixes in their house in alot of the shots, and they seem pretty upfront about the fact that they send their kids to Catholic school and attend Mass regularly .  Just was pleasantly surprised that this aspect of their life wasn't 'edited' out of the taping footage
Never even heard of it.  Let's hope and pray their faith is stronger than the producers and cameras.  It could be very educational for a lot of people.

Dominus tecum
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about the Last Supper! LOL
I haven't seen it, but if I get the chance I will.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/table-for-12...or-12.html
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
If they had 6 kids at once, isn't that almost a guarantee they used invitro? How Catholic can they truly be, then?  ???
(09-23-2009, 02:23 PM)savienu Wrote: If they had 6 kids at once, isn't that almost a guarantee they used invitro? How Catholic can they truly be, then?  ???

In-vitro doesn't do that, but follicle stimulating drugs (Clomid, etc) do.  Unfortunately, the Church does allow those kind of fertility drugs.
(09-23-2009, 03:56 PM)ErinIsNice Wrote:
(09-23-2009, 02:23 PM)savienu Wrote: If they had 6 kids at once, isn't that almost a guarantee they used invitro? How Catholic can they truly be, then?  ???

In-vitro doesn't do that, but follicle stimulating drugs (Clomid, etc) do.  Unfortunately, the Church does allow those kind of fertility drugs.

I knew clomid could you make you hyperovulate, but I thought almost certainly that to end up with that many children, there would need to be some in-vitro going on, because they implant so many embryos and "hope" only a few will survive.
(09-23-2009, 12:41 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about the Last Supper! LOL

:laughing:

In vitro doesn't involve implantation, it means that the egg is fertilized in a petri dish. Then it is injected with the hopes of implantation, but they don't actually implant it through some device or procedure.
This is the problem actually, because life is created in a dish and then injected and some take and some don't. Sometimes many 'take' but it crowds the womb so they do selective abortion.
With this family it seems that perhaps she was taking drugs, to pass more eggs, but why would she need this? considering she had multiple births beforehand.
Perhaps she is just naturally prone to passing more eggs?
(09-24-2009, 12:05 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: In vitro doesn't involve implantation, it means that the egg is fertilized in a petri dish. Then it is injected with the hopes of implantation, but they don't actually implant it through some device or procedure.
This is the problem actually, because life is created in a dish and then injected and some take and some don't. Sometimes many 'take' but it crowds the womb so they do selective abortion.
With this family it seems that perhaps she was taking drugs, to pass more eggs, but why would she need this? considering she had multiple births beforehand.
Perhaps she is just naturally prone to passing more eggs?

Right, that's what I meant, "Implanted" in her womb, but not necessarily that implantation of the embryos would take. Usually they inject a bunch of the eggs, don't they?

And has there ever been a case of naturally conceived sextuplets before?