A Problem of Traditionalism
I know that I am a new guy here but who is this nsper7 guy?

A trouble maker?

Did he stumble onto the wrong forum? 514 times?
(11-01-2009, 03:48 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: I know that I am a new guy here but who is this nsper7 guy?

A trouble maker?

Well, I am not technically Traditional Catholic, but more a Neo-Conservative/Neo-Orthodox (not the schismatic Orthodox, but little 'o' orthodox in the sense of begin against heterodox/heretical teachings and ideas) Catholic with some possibly Traditional leanings.

My question I think is a valid one. Traditional Catholicism seems to have bred a great deal of division within the Church.
(11-01-2009, 03:48 PM)neanderthal catholic Wrote: I know that I am a new guy here but who is this nsper7 guy?

A trouble maker?

A) A modernist.

B) Yes.

C) Yes!
:laughing:
(11-01-2009, 04:13 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

A trouble maker?

A) A modernist.

B) Yes.

C) Yes!

It is pretty easy to tell when someone truly is seeking answers when they ask a question and when they are just trying to push their own agenda.
The "question" then becomes irrelevant.  It simply turns into debate.
(11-01-2009, 03:28 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(11-01-2009, 02:45 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-01-2009, 10:56 AM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: What is the point of this thread?

Just an opportunity for nsper7 to push more of his modernist NO bullcrap! :)

LOL
[Image: 1238512678_thread_wrecker.gif]

(11-01-2009, 04:07 PM)nsper7 Wrote:

A trouble maker?

Well, I am not technically Traditional Catholic, but more a Neo-Conservative/Neo-Orthodox (not the schismatic Orthodox, but little 'o' orthodox in the sense of begin against heterodox/heretical teachings and ideas) Catholic with some possibly Traditional leanings.

My question I think is a valid one. Traditional Catholicism seems to have bred a great deal of division within the Church.

So has the "Novus Ordo" Church.  Look at the wymynprysts, the "neo-con" Catholics who whore over every word of JPII, and the liberals who run the church at the parish level.

Rosarium Wrote:No, that is not a problem. There is one Church. One True Church. Don't try to classify the Church like a human organisation.

The Church may well be one, but it's a cop-out to pretend that the groups which nsper7 listed aren't at each other's throat much of the time.
One of the problems here is this: you seem to blame the Traditionalists for the divisions in the Church. The divisions can't be laid at the feet of Traditionalists; the blame can be laid at the feet of Pope Paul VI, who arguably did more and allowed more damage to be done to the Church than anyone since Martin Luther and company. Blaming Traditionalists has been the favorite argument of conservative Novus Ordo Catholics, who think if we all just got on board and tried for a "reform of the reform" we'd all be better off. They, who should be some of our staunchest allies, are often our worst enemies, and have been for decades.

Had Pope Paul VI not made many of the decisions he made, all of these Trad groups wouldn't be fighting one another. One point all Trads can agree on, even if they differ in tactics and outlooks, is they want a restoration of Traditional Catholicism, and for this 40 odd year nightmare to be over, Deo Gratias.

As far as the differences between those who argue over the pre 1955 Missal and the 1962 Missal, few, if any, saw at the time the the changes in the post 1955 Missal eventually led to the Novus Ordo, thanks to Annibale Bugnini and company. 
(11-01-2009, 06:12 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: So has the "Novus Ordo" Church.  Look at the wymynprysts, the "neo-con" Catholics who whore over every word of JPII, and the liberals who run the church at the parish level.

Exactly. The Novus Ordo wing of Catholicism more and more resembles the Anglican Communion. Everyone has a seat at the table now.
nsper7 Wrote:Now, looking at Traditional Catholics, one notices a similar fracturing since the fracturing that occurred Post-Vatican 2.

Your comparison of traditionalists as somehow being comparable to the 35,000 + sects of Protestantism is both amusing and rather annoying. Diocesan TLM VS. Priestly-Order TLM? Seriously? What conflict are you seeing here that, in your mind, rivals the 500 year-old conflicts of Protestantism? I suppose Monasticism has followed the trend of Protestantism as well ... Franciscans, Benedictines, Dominicans, Carthusians, Carmelites, etc  not to mention all of the orders within orders... That is essentially the madness of what you are saying.

As usual you exhibit the same rhetoric of the majority of Trad-bashing Neo-Cons, namely, to complain about a leaky faucet inside a burning house. You sit amidst the festering ruins of the Novus Ordo experiment that has claimed the spiritual lives of countless Catholics, has divided parishes, continues to have Bishops persecute their own Priests and faithful for adhering to doctrinal and liturgical orthodoxy ... and you then have the audacity to invent conflicts amidst those who do not wish to go along for this train-wreck?

Matt. 7:5 - Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

In Corde Regis,
Joshua