Text of the 3d Edition of the Roman Missal
Linked is the Ordinary text of the 3d Edition of the Roman Missal. The whole "for many/for all" issue is now a moot point.

Third Edition of the Roman Missal - http://www.usccb.org/romanmissal/examples.shtml

And yet the Latin remains the same, right?

Well, it has been long in coming, but I'm glad it is almost here.
Is it me:or is this rather "anti-climatic?" I say not jokingly, but rather,having examined the changes posted on the USSBC, they don't really change the text of the Novus Ordo much; it is still not terribly close to the depth of the Tridentine Mass's prayers, which even though I attend only the Novus Ordo [out of necessity; never having had the chance to go to a TLM], I recognize the intrinsic superiority of the TLM.
(11-23-2009, 11:22 AM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: Is it me:or is this rather "anti-climatic?" I say not jokingly, but rather,having examined the changes posted on the USSBC, they don't really change the text of the Novus Ordo much; it is still not terribly close to the depth of the Tridentine Mass's prayers, which even though I attend only the Novus Ordo [out of necessity; never having had the chance to go to a TLM], I recognize the intrinsic superiority of the TLM.

No, it is just a new translation of the original Latin, to be more literal. The original text remains the same, so that isn't resolved yet.
Is the NO going to be changed in it's entirity to this missal?  And if so, when?
Isn't this the 1st edition of the Roman Missal?  Before this we had "sacramentaries".  It always confused me, because there was the General Instruction of the Roman Missal, but no missal it related to.
Raven,
Although I welcome the change, it still boils down to the "weakness" of the Novus Ordo (OF to those who are PC) prayers.
A weak sister is still a weak sister no matter how she dresses and acts.
(11-23-2009, 07:14 AM)Credo Wrote: Linked is the Ordinary text of the 3d Edition of the Roman Missal. The whole "for many/for all" issue is now a moot point.

At the very least, this shuts down the years of debate over invalidity of the Mass due to "for all/for many".  Now traditional Catholics get get on with more serious matters.
(11-23-2009, 04:29 PM)SaintRafael Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 07:14 AM)Credo Wrote: Linked is the Ordinary text of the 3d Edition of the Roman Missal. The whole "for many/for all" issue is now a moot point.

At the very least, this shuts down the years of debate over invalidity of the Mass due to "for all/for many".  Now traditional Catholics get get on with more serious matters.

Yes, because the invalidity of the Mass is a "minor" matter.
(11-23-2009, 04:32 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 04:29 PM)SaintRafael Wrote:

Yes, because the invalidity of the Mass is a "minor" matter.

It's not that it was a "minor" matter, but there was sufficient evidence to convincingly show that "for all" did not invalidate the Mass. The whole "intend what the Church intends" problem was always ten times more serious.