Leftover turkey recipes, and while we're at it, leftover dressing recipes, too.
We make a turkey a few times a year. I like to keep it simple and respect the integrity of the noble bird. But we do make a spanish rice, corn and sour cream casserole thing. The recipe is at home, I'll try to dig it up this week.
Well, I had a smoked turkey leftover from Christmas. https://www.gobblegobble.com/  So far, I making:

I'm putting the turkey in a white sauce with peas over noodles.

1.  Heat half a stick of butter in skillet, add 3 tbs. Wondra flour, and make a roux. I love Wondra because it never lumps up.

2. Add a can of chicken broth.

3. A two cans of evaporated milk.

4. add two chicken bouillon cubes.

5. Add peas.

6. Serve over egg noodles.

BTW, you could also use the above recipe with a little less sauce in a pot pie, like libby recommended. Add some cooked carrots. Just get pie dough from the super market. Mmmmm.

I'm also making black bean soup in two crock pots right now. More or less like this, but improvised with the turkey carcass for broth.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-...index.html

"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Cool, WRC, I look forward to it.  There's obviously plenty of time, since the bird is still pretty solid.

LOL at Libby's and Scipio's vids!

I plan on using the carcass to make some soup, but  those turkey pies and croquettes sound great.  I think I'll have plenty of turkey to try all of the recipes that y'all post.  As it is, I've got bunch of dressing that I should probably freeze some, to have later.

Mmm...  black beans!  I'm also thawing some smoked pork neck bones, along with some bacon, to make some.  I hadn't really thought about making a black bean soup, but I still have another day to decide on that.
Make a turkey salad. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lots of feta. That's the only way I can eat turkey leftovers now.  :laughing:
(12-29-2009, 07:49 PM)Mafalda Wrote: Make a turkey salad. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lots of feta. That's the only way I can eat turkey leftovers now.  :laughing:

and black olives, slivered almonds, seedless grapes, raw spinach...
(12-29-2009, 08:31 PM)Texican Wrote:
(12-29-2009, 07:49 PM)Mafalda Wrote: Make a turkey salad. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lots of feta. That's the only way I can eat turkey leftovers now.  :laughing:

and black olives, slivered almonds, seedless grapes, raw spinach...

Yes! Kalamata olives - gotta have those too. That should go without saying.  :laughing:
Quite true!  Gotta have some green olives in there, too, though...
Hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes on the side and lots of gravy.  If you have home baked brown bread on the sandwich, it is 1 step short of heaven.  (In heaven, there will be no calories or cholesterol in my hot turkey sandwich... .)
One of my personal favorite dishes is also real simple. Take a bunch of turkey meat. Take the leftover gravy, or buy a jar of turkey gravy at the store - whichever. Cut or tear the turkey into bite-size pieces. Stir it into the gravy and heat the whole thing. Serve it over rice. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Then there's that whole turkey soup thing to use up the carcass. My mom used to make some great soup. She'd buy these clear bags of dried soup ingredients. Spices, dried vegetables, rice, pasta, barley, all sorts of stuff. And then she'd add more and more barley until it was real thick. 
I've go ta great recipe for a turkey soup with butternut squash and barley.  I'll look it up tomorrow and post it.  It is 1 am here and I am fading fast.

You could also use the leftovers just like you would for chicken noodle soup.  Throw the carcass in some water with a little celery, onion, carrots, alt and pepper.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for several hours or until it tastes good!  Then pull out the carcass and bones and the mushy veggies.  Put the meat back in, and some fresh carrot slices for color and noodles.  Cook til the noodles are done and enjoy!  In addition to the salt and pepper you can add some sage if you want.  I like it that way.

I will post the other recipe tomorrow.